Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice

Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Mary Free BedSeptember 9, 2018
I have been with the company since April 2018. I recently left another place due to not feeling part of the team. But this place has made me feel great in my work position! A very positive environment, if you need help someone steps up to the plate! Thank you!
Pros
No weekends or holidays to work.
Cons
Alot of driving
Good place to work if census is up
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 29, 2018
Made own schedule by calling patients for appointment times. Called case manager with any unusual finding on patient. Enjoy working with RN, PT, OT, SLP.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
census changes
Was once a great place to work....
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 21, 2018
Be careful. It looks great and sounds great, and it once was. I absolutely LOVED working for RHH until recently.
A lot of uncertainty and changes. No job stability

Couldn’t fit all my cons so here they are:

Alot of uncertainty and changes, Jobs are not secure and safe, You can and will get laid off for no reason, Expect to be called at 9pm and asked to go to a location off site the next morning to walk in with 30 other people with all your personal belongings boxed up against the wall, No explanations, just “position eliminations”, people who have been with the company for 10+ years were thrown out like trash, Never any parking spots in parking lot, Too much work - not enough employees, Always short staffed in the office, Can be hostile at times, everyone is on edge, worried they could be next to get the boot, Management is unapproachable, I could go on all day.
Pros
The pop fountain in the kitchen is cool, Great coworkers, Used to be a fun work environment with a lot of activities and events, It used to feel like family, It used to be a very enjoyable place to work before the big shakeup that was totally unnecessary, It’s sad to see everything fall apart the way it has.
Cons
Unapproachable management, no job security, no room for growth
Best Home Health Care company
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 18, 2018
I love everything about Residential Home Health Care. I love it's philosophy on health care and how the company treats it's employees. They are a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
Pay, respect for employees
Great home health company
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 9, 2018
Residential Home Health is an excellent home health company for it's clients, offering a comprehensive team approach to patient care. Challenges for the RN Case Manager include extensive documentation.
ok
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 3, 2018
ok and the place overall could have been compensated better but overall the environment was condusive to a great environment for a good work environment.
Rhh
Sr. Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy MIMarch 8, 2018
A typical day at work is busy as we are in a small department. The culture in the department is pretty relaxed and everyone gets along quite well. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people i work closely with. We get along more like a family then a group of coworkers.
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 29, 2018
Residential focuses on what is important, it’s people and customers. The company leaders want to grow wisely, thoughtfully, and organically with the goal of keeping the patient in their home.
Pros
Team approach
Cons
Pay is average
February 2, 2018

We appreciate your review and support of Residential and our combined goals!

Love the Wokers but No Job Security
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Budget cuts effected my view on this company due ro watching many unfair blin sided lay off to many dedicated workers . Alternative arrangements could only happen with so many due to not being able to pay current worker their correct pay. Other employees were given jobs that they were less quakified for then those who were because they could pay them less to do the job. Business move of course but lack of regard for their employees with less than a week notice
Best company in hospice industry I’ve ever worked for.
Clinical Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 24, 2017
This is one of the only companies left that are passionate about the care they provide and their cause, highly value their employees and are innovative.
They have not compromised any of the above; maintain a high level of ethics and have managed to continue as a leader in growth and profit in the industry. They deliver the care they promise and have successfully created a small company atmosphere; a family within a now large company.
A company like this is rare. It is a gift to be able to work for Residential Hospice.

(I started with the company as a RN case manager in the field when the census was 40% of what it is now and have been in the hospice industry for 16 years and nursing for 23 years)
December 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are proud to have you as part of our team. We do challenge ourselves everyday to be better than we were before. Our growth is truly a direct result of the caring, dedicated, skilled employees that we have at Residential and we are grateful for all of them. Happy Holidays!

Unsupportive management and low employee morale
Field Staff (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 18, 2017
The culture at this company has changed over the years. Currently the management style is directive and not collaborative. They make you feel that to be a "team player" you just need to be quiet and do what they say. Concerns are quickly dismissed and lots of blame given. Good work is not appropriately rewarded and they let the negative outweigh the positive on reviews. I do have flexibility in my schedule but unable to do my primary job at times due to needing to respond to non-urgent needs by the office. Often have to miss visits which would reflect on patient care. Enjoy my actual field work but this company has a lot to reflect upon and should not continue to work in denial about how it treats its field staff. Lots of promotions in the office, but little given to those in the trenches.
December 26, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you have these feelings and would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you your concerns. Residential has worked very hard to foster a supportive collaborative environment and we appreciate feedback so that we can continue to improve our process, systems, and culture for all of our employees.

I love my job.
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  NOVI MIDecember 15, 2017
They only thing I wish I would have found this company early great company to work for. Everyone is so nice and understanding. Lots of upbeat people and always trying to help you out. The ceo are wonderful to work for
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
Lots of driving
December 26, 2017

Thank you! We appreciate your kind feedback and value your input as an employee of Residential.

Dedication to service; supportive and empowering.
Spiritual Counselor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 15, 2017
I joined Residential Hospice in July, 2017. In that short time I have been very impressed with the dedication to service that employees have. They go the extra mile to provide compassionate competent care for hospice patients, their caregivers and loved ones.

I have been warmly welcomed as part of the interdisciplinary team of Residential Hospice.

I appreciate the mentoring the company provided as I began my position as a Spiritual Care Counselor.

The company maintains its focus on four key values:
Respect, Innovation, Collaboration and Empowerment.

I highly recommend Residential Hospice and now know on an experiential level why it has consistently earned
the Detroit Free Press Top Workplace recognition.
Pros
Excellent team work environment. Supportive management.
Great Work/Life Balance
Field Staff (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 15, 2017
I find Residential Hospice to be a great place to work. It has a small nonprofit feel even though it is a large for-profit agency. Great support, friendly office, field staff is amazing, and communication is what you make of it (I find it to be mostly positive and productive). I feel that all managers have an open-door policy and never act too busy to hear ideas. My work/life balance is perfect - it is what you make of it! I feel autonomous in my work, never micromanaged. Most importantly, we have THE BEST patients and families and I could never imagine working for another agency that could be half as great as Residential!
Pros
Work/life balance, open-door policy, supportive
Receiving great resources!!
Admission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 15, 2017
I have worked for Hometown Home Health and Hospice for two years, and we have been in the transition stage to brand with Residential Home Health and Hospice. The last 6 months have been amazing with Residential. We are going through many changes throughout the whole company, and Residential has been there to help us through every step. They are providing more resources then what we had before, and we are receiving help in service areas that were more challenging and we are able to help them in areas also. All in all I am happy that i have stayed with Residential and i plan on being in this company for as long as they let me.
Pros
Great work environment, work family and support
Residential is the best company I have ever worked for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 12, 2017
I have been at Residential for over 7 years now and it is a company that truly cares for its employees and patients. They give us the tools to help with patient care and go above and beyond to make sure patients needs are met. Whether it is training therapists on LSVT Big and Loud to take care of patients with Parkinsons, providing telehealth equipment to those with cardiopulomanry disorders or an emergency response button so patients can access us anytime between visits, Residential invests in people.

I have also enjoyed all the employee events we do and appreciate the thoughtfulness that goes into each-my favorite was when they rented out the whole zoo for our families.

I appreciate that they have the right balance of challenging and rewarding and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Pros
Executive leadership, growth opportunities, exceptional patient care, striving to be the best in home care
Strong Company with Good Core Values
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 6, 2017
From my perspective, Residential employees work well together by developing strong relationships and by focusing on the important business goals, while also making their fast-paced environment a fun place with a good work/life balance.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Benefits could be better
Supportive environment and fun work culture
Home Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 6, 2017
I have worked in the office at RHH for 2+ years, and I have recommended this company to friends who were looking for a change. My pay is competitive, but equally important to me is that I feel valued by management and the other members of my department for my contributions to the company. Hard work and excellence is recognized and rewarded! My work environment is upbeat and positive, and both my coworkers and managers make an effort to maintain a positive attitude, even when difficulties arise. It's a collaborative atmosphere, with a little friendly competition.
I'm happy with my management team. I feel appreciated and supported. My manager is supportive of personal and professional growth and has always gone to bat for employees; it's NOT an "us against them" type of environment.
I am fortunate to work for a company that understands that to retain good talent, they need to treat their employees well. They've risen to the challenge and have been a Top 100 Company for multiple years now.
Pros
Competitive pay, positive work environment, growing industry
Good Work-Life Balance, Friendly Environment
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 6, 2017
I like working at Residential because the work life balance is great and very flexible. My manager is also very supportive of our team and helps us through when it's stressful. We have fun events that we plan and execute in the marketing dept. and have an all hands on deck attitude. HR puts on lots of things throughout the year to make employees feel appreciated. We support the sales team and they make us feel appreciated all the time. It's just a very nice atmosphere in the office and my team is great. Would definitely recommend working here. Some days are stressful, but that is everywhere you go. But we have a team atmosphere that helps us get through those times.
Pros
Work-Life Balance is great, Feel appreciated
Cons
Health benefits are ok, nothing spectacular. just ordinary.
Comfortable and rewarding place to work. Great facility and staff
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 6, 2017
I enjoy working here and don't intend on leaving anytime soon. My manager cares about me and encourages our team to do the best we can under stressful times. We are a fun group and it's a great office to work in. The people are very friendly and work/life balance is excellent in the Marketing dept. Always trying to move the company forward and try new things. We have fun events we put on for the employees and recruitment events and get to create marketing material that supports our sales team. Energetic sales team that is very appreciative of what we do for them. Management acknowledges your hard work and you feel the appreciation all the time. I highly recommend working here in the office. I can't speak for the field staff, but we have positive energy on our team! Some days are stressful, but it's like that anywhere you go.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Flexibility
Cons
Benefits are ok, nothing spectacular.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

Residential Home Health and Residential Hospice Reviews by Location