ResMac Employee Reviews

Dishonest Company
Mortgage Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 24, 2018
A terrible place to work. Poor management, and leadership, an atmosphere ripe with infighting, nepotism, and poor compensation packages. It was a culture of dishonest dealings in the mortgage industry.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Fridays
Cons
Dishonest
This is a sinking ship
VP Operations (Current Employee) –  VariousJune 22, 2018
Use to be a good place to work but due to incompetent people in management they have lost 80% of their business.
Company is going bankrupt and owes huge amount of money to several creditors. They have lost GNMA approval and will be loosing FNMA soon.
Underwriting mistakes have caused a lot of repurchases. Closing and funding used to be over staffed.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Incompetent management and weak HR
Growth
Set-Up and Disclosures Specialists (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 2, 2018
ResMac is a company where individuals can rise to management positions if they show the qualities a good leader. Work hard and do your job and you will be respected.
fun place to work open door policy
Remote Mortgage Closing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 9, 2018
ResMac treats their employees like family. open door policy with upper management. Work began to slow down and unfortunately a lot of good people were let go, including myself.
Pros
everyone is like family
Cons
work was slow
Micro management
Underwriter - Remote (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Production reports were run every 2 hours on the company pipeline and reviewed by management. While the underwriters were trying to address any issues that came up during review of a file with the broker, you were also having to address with management while a file is still is the same status during the time it took to resolve any issue. The constant updates to management required a lot of the production time for the day to be unproductive.
Run!
Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2017
Poor leadership. They only care about sales and how much you brown nose them and management. They're super quick to layoff and very high turnover. Bottom of the barrel borrowers/loans/poorly originated/processed. Look elsewhere!
Pros
Work remote and salary
Cons
Poor management, training, high turnover
The People
other (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 5, 2017
For the most part I enjoy working with everyone here. No environment is perfect but we make the best out of it. I have made some amazing friends. For the most part it is a very laid back atmosphere. We have bagels and donuts every Friday.
Pros
Bagels and Donuts
Cons
leadership issues
Strong Company with Growth Potential
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 11, 2017
The opportunity to work as a Loan Officer with ResMac has made my originations so much easier. The Marti system is user-friendly and helps me stay on top of my borrowers and the operations behind each loan. It has made a tremendous difference in my production numbers.
Pros
Automated Origination Platform, Remote Flexibility, Compensation is strong
Poor Infastructure
Underwriter-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 20, 2017
Chaotic, poorly constructed infrastructure, reactionary management. Culture does not foster or stimulate healthy long term management to employee relationships.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work life balance, misleading expectations, all employees not valued equally.
Innovative Company
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 17, 2017
Fast growing company with state of the art technology. Our own proprietary system outperforms any of the popular systems out there. Management is local and accessible at all times. It is exciting to be a part of building a company with it's sights on the future.
Pros
Good Management Team, technology, income and benefits
Cons
more company interaction.

Want to know more about ResMac?

Ask a question
Not an ideal place to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 6, 2017
The company is not well run. Positions are received and kept based on who is best friends with managment, not merit. The company is run more like a high school than a business.
No Direction
Wholesale Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 3, 2017
Th CEO will not address the continuing lack of production then sent out an email about looking to be sold. The AEs have no ability to produce any business but the CEO puts the blinders on and then they just lay off hard working underwriters instead of addressing the poor sales team. When I first started we had production and I think I have gone through 3 UW managers or something like that. Also Retail branches are leaving left and right. Poor systems and average compensation - don't see the long-term growth or even making it.
Pros
Management seems to actually want to help but not allowed to
Cons
No realistic vision, poor systems, poor sales
Does not offer permanent employment
Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 20, 2017
You will be laid off within a year of working for this company. They only offer temporary employment even though they do not tell you that at the time you are hired. I worked in the corporate office in Boca Raton, FL and they hired dozens of people in the year I worked there. After New Years Day, all of those people were terminated. Beware of this company
Experience at work place
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 18, 2017
My every day work was /is joyful. Working with great people at office.
Full supporting team of people in our branch and immediate respond from underwriting staff makes it easy to do business.
Company's communication works well.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fast Pace - New Projects for a fast growing company.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Very fast pace. A lot of open minded peers willing to work together and problem solve. More than enough projects to assign to anyone willing to take owner ship in his/her department.
Good company
Senior FHA DE Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Management does not micromanage underwriters but is quick to communicate which is important when working remotely. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Able to work independently
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Great Indians, not so great chiefs
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2016
I love the people I work with, my coworkers. My issue is with how management views us. Either there is too much management involvement in day to day operations or not enough.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Anywhere but ResMac
Mortgage Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 15, 2016
Terrible management, processing has no customer service and they also do not secure sensitive materials such as borrower's personal information. If you value your personal information, go to another financial institution.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Non compliance issues everywhere
Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 28, 2016
I enjoy working at ResMac. You can really step in and make a difference if you are eager. If you have an open mind, are great with people, love to be innovative and seek to be challenged - then this the place for you!
Pros
Great, dedicated people
2 systems
SVS Contractor (Former Employee) –  remoteApril 10, 2016
This company is not to bad ,but the training needs a lot of work its 2 different systems can be too much as times . I was told to run away
Official response from ResMac
March 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, its well taken. As we continue to seek out new talent, and grow we are making strides to enhance our training methods for 2017!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResMac. Our community is ready to answer.