RESORT LIFESTYLE COMMUNITIES Employee Reviews

The "Talented chef is an office dweller who trades hoopties for a living
Minion (Current Employee) –  Knox County, TNAugust 26, 2019
If you wish to work environment where you are allowed to go and pay your bills go shopping on the clock with a chef this is a place for you they do not care about the residents at all. FYI to the guy who lives across the pond the term Chef is earned not placed
Fun work place, fast pace, work load a little heavy.
Housekeeping Lead (Current Employee) –  9000 N.Congress Ave, Kansas City , MO 64153August 16, 2019
I love interacting with the residents. Love to hear all the stories. They have activities, inside theater, seems to be well rounded. They offer excellent benefits, company pay a substantial amount toward your benefit package
Best place i worked.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2019
Managers are considerate.
Co workers are nice and helpful.
I love the place but i had to go.
I tremendously missed my residents that lived there and of ourse my managers and my co-workers.
Fun and relaxed place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 5, 2019
It is a great place for young people to work as servers. I worked there nearly all of high school and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is very flexible with hours and has opportunities to advance. Getting to work with a variety of people helped me open up and develop my communication skills. The quick paced environment helped me work more efficiently.
Stressful and ungrateful
Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALJuly 30, 2019
The residents are awesome. But managers micromanager. Dont show you the information that helps you achieve excellence. Only criticize and never listen. Only worried about the bonus. Coworkers are awesome to work with. Great caring dining room servers. Hard workers
Upbeat atmosphere, Friendly Management, and Sweet Residents
SERVER (Former Employee) –  1950 S A.W. Grimes Blvd, Round Rock, TX, 78664July 17, 2019
Everyone is always up for a conversation with their coffee in the morning, the work is pretty easy and fast paced, and everyone gets along really well. The management comes through often to chat about how things are going and to ensure the overall functionality of the workplace environment.
It isn’t a fair place to work
Concierge (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 9, 2019
They don’t care how hard you work or how loyal they will let you go in a heart beat They aren’t loyal to you at all or want to get anything resolved
Having second thoughts?
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2019
If you like being told one thing, but expected to do another, or if you love being micromanaged, or if you enjoy being told that you are in charge, when actually you have no authority, then this is the place for you.
If you have no backbone, enjoy being bullied, or really like when your superiors talk negatively about you to other employees, you should apply.
You’ll learn to despise working with others and eventually learn to hate yourself, but, hey, the food is great.
In the words of HR, “if you are on salary, then we can work you to death”. They mean it.
Fast paced but relaxed and rewarding
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  NevadaJune 6, 2019
Working with your partner can be stressful, you have to know how to leave work on the other side of the threshold. No matter your position you have to love seniors and don't just look at it as another job! Have patience if selected to the bench!
Pros
Working with seniors, working with spouse, great benifits
Cons
None at this time
Great work environment
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 2, 2019
Great place to work and the residents are awesome! The management team works closely with staff to make sure we are successful. Beautiful communities!!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Scheduling conflicts
If you’re trying to move up in the world....this may not be it
PM Cook (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 25, 2019
The biggest thing about the RLC is simple, they pay well and have amazing benefits. Unfortunately that’s all there is for an aspiring or up and coming chef. If you’ve faced the ugly reality of the culinary industry; you’ll understand that money, social life, relationships and ambition towards “more” can feel impossible. RLC itself has all the means to push you to the next level, but chooses to invest themself with finances and good “looks”. If you’re coming in as a Sous or executive chef, you’ll be fine, and in all honesty a few years of fine dining experience is enough for the meals you’re preparing. Here’s the issue, if you have these skills and potential; why not nurture and mold it. It’s what RLC claims it does but doesn’t. I also understand it’s a corporate system that employs massive PowerPoint slides that every management position is forced to swallow and hopefully not choke on. The false pretense of absolutely loving the job because of the culture is laughable. The reality is you love the money and benefits( I’ll leave the residents out of this). As an actual Chef/ leader you should manage your expectations and staff accordingly. If someone has all the chops to get something done, acknowledge it and simply understand that this person isn’t hanging around forever as your glorified workhorse that you show off to corporate. So what do you do?
Keep things honest with your employees or lie through your teeth any given chance?
There’s a slim chance of moving up as a cook unfortunately, you are legitimately labeled an idiot and have no idea what you’re doing. The company
  more... truly believes in their chefs but not cooks( the true backbone) god forbid you have someone that questions this or simply wants to move on to more. I was fine with the chef taking as much time off as he wanted and pretty much coasting on his cooks and Sous, honesty in intentions is all I wanted. Even when corporate pops up with a camera crew to interview you about fairytales your chef decided to tell about you to seem cool. Culinary wise, you’re not learning anything other than mellowed down recipes and how to deal with a retirement setting. The food is mostly frozen unfortunately, it can be a challenge to accept that if genuinely love to cook. If you’re ready to sell out or take it easy for a while....go for it. I’ve met a few chefs from the company that went on to way better things afterwards; at the same time there are some that despise the company.
I’ve had 4 different management teams, one worse than the other....seriously, I got called the wrong name with a name tag on in front of the corporate chef. I was told I can choose any property to be a Sous Chef on. I was told brining a chicken breast is “too fancy”. I was told that attaining personal goals don’t sit well with the company. I was simply told to be quiet and play along. This is an honest reflection of the company and it’s main mission, which is to make money. I could personally never work under such a false ideology. It’s painful sitting there waiting on your opportunity to move up through the ranks. Especially when in the end you’re used as an asset for someone’s own gain and kicked to the side. It’s painful knowing that your chef and managers forget your name and title and then last minute make up a few lies about you to impress the corporate team that’s in town. It’s even more painful when you realize that your years of hard work still aren’t paying off. Cooking is a craft that needs to be practiced and worked on everyday. If The company had a simple understanding of this, things would be great, moreover; I wouldn’t even be writing this. This is the sad part....complete amateurs with no prior restaurant experience can tell you how your job is done, people who simply perk their lips and gently kiss their managers behind are called “model employees”. Understand this: if you’re ready to simply stop perfecting your craft and all You want is a check.... go for it. If you have a sense of pride and truly want to achieve things in the culinary world....this is not it. Manage your own expectations before you apply here.
Pros
Money
Cons
To many to fit in this little box
Bad Mangament
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 1, 2019
The Managers Who Are There Sucks They Both Seem To Be Well Rounded People But That’s Not The Case At All They Blow Up On The Employees And Residents They Are Not Helpful At All And They Do Not Give Employees Their Annual Reviews Or Raise On Time If Your Not Sucking Up To Them Or In Agreement With Them You Can KISS Your Job GoodBye They Are Also Very Terrible With The Residents It’s Horrible Working For Those Two
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Terrible Management, Pay
This company does not care about their employees or residents.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 21, 2019
The management team here did not make it very conducive to provide the best service to the residents and everyone who entered the property. We were more often than not understaffed on many shifts, causing every employee to do 2 to 3 people's jobs in a short time. They rarely handled incidents between employees in a professional or fair way. The supervisors and many employees were often two faced and smiled in your presence, but plotted how to make you appear in the worst like possible on their time with their friends.

With all that said, it was such a blessing to work for each and every resident there and I would do it all over again just to build even richer relationships with all of those lovely grandparents and humans! But I would NEVER recommend this job to anyone, not even my worst enemy!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Fun Place To Work
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 16, 2019
Best Job I ever had. positive environment great people to work with never had a job like this before managers are amazing! staff is family and the residents are the best part!!
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Having to go home
Hard Work. Fun Environment
Kitchen Helper/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 14, 2019
At Copper Springs my job keeps me busy from the time that I get there until the time that I leave - sometimes I feel like I can't get it all done. Luckily we have a great team and everybody from co-workers to the chef and even the managers pitch in to help when needed - sometimes the managers even come and do dishes "for fun"! There are high expectations but chef is always teaching us how to be better at what we do and everyone gets along really well. I've had jobs that are much easier than this one but never so much fun with the residents and the other people I work with. I've been here for longer than any other job I've had and I will likely stay here until I graduate University. This is a great place with great people.
Pros
Fun people and free lunch with good benefits
Cons
Always busy
It's not easy, but it is rewarding
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 13, 2019
Anybody that has experience in Senior Living knows that it requires long hours - but ultimately your skill, experience and most importantly your attitude determine how successful you will be and whether or not you will find it a stressful position. We have always given 110% to the job, to the company, to our staff, and to our residents. That being said we know we aren't perfect and sometimes make the wrong decision; we also do our best to make corrections when we do. We also understand that an empty vessel can't pour into the lives of others, so although we work 50 - 60 hour weeks at times we make sure that when we can, we make the time for ourselves - the happier our staff the more time we have to enjoy life, so we do our best to keep everyone happy. ;) Sometimes you hire someone that gives 110% effort but still isn't capable of doing the job (even after training ad-nauseam). Sometimes you hire someone that has all the ability in the world but just isn't willing to do what needs to be done. And sometimes (hopefully more often than not) you hire the perfect person for the right position. We have loved and cared for every one of our staff, past and present . . . even if they didn't work out in their position and a difficult decision had to be made, we truly hope and pray that they are blessed in all they do. The company itself has core values that are centered around both staff and resident satisfaction - of course the adage applies that you can't please all the people all the time, but we always strive to do our best with this. I could go on all day about the challenges  more... that we face and the solutions that are there, but the long and short of it is this: It can be a trying job. It can wear you thin physically and mentally. I'm sure that the same can be said about most any position with most any company. But if you are "called" to senior living then the rewards far outweigh the challenges. Giving so much of yourself can truly net you a greater return - smiles and joy from staff and residents alike (if you're not getting that, it's rarely THEIR fault), a company that truly cares about you, your staff AND the residents, a fair to generous compensation plan (with good benefits), and most importantly of all, a fun, friendly work environment that YOU can make feel like family with co-workers, residents, and everyone that comes through the doors.  less
Pros
great support. Opportunity to give back.
Cons
Not many - maybe the hours are a little long some weeks.
Bottom line is the line that matters
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXDecember 13, 2018
Potential residents aren’t given the truths about the reality of what they are getting into. Predominantly male dictatorship. Leadership has control issues.
Pros
FSA plan and dental
Cons
Too many to write here...
No clear direction, get rid of the Chef after I was there three weeks got rid of me two days afterwards
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 3, 2018
I would not recommend working for this company at this time maybe in the future after they have time to grow and understand the market they will do a better job right now they’re only interested in the money,
Pros
Residents are extremely nice, deserve better quality of food company is too cheap to get them what they pay for
Super fun,fast paced,challenging,time flies
A.M. kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2018
All of the management at Ashwood Square are very supportive. They try to help in any way possible. The job is easy but demanding. I used to work regular restaurants,with horrible hours,horrible pay. Never again.
I love my job. I wouldn’t change a thing. Especially the residents. They are the best.

All i can say is im sorry to everyone who have had a bad experience. Come to Ashwood Square. We are different. HONESTLY
Pros
Rewarding job, good pay, fast paced
Cons
Short breaks, pay could be better
Great Place to Work
Executive Chef/ Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 15, 2018
I am a current manager and love my job! I want to go into work everyday and see the residents. I enjoy working with the crew in culinary and dining. The managers are nice.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Its a job?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RESORT LIFESTYLE COMMUNITIES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight