Resource Center Employee Reviews

Rewarding Work
Program Coordinator for ASH Program (Former Employee) –  Dillon, MTJune 10, 2019
I loved working with the clients even though the work was difficult. It always felt amazing to make a difference in someone's life and pay it forward to my community.
This was a good place to work
Senior Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2019
A typical day was meeting with students to help them with their studies along with helping them with their resumes. The hardest part was contacting vendors to have a career fair,
Fantastic place to work
Mount Lebanon Missionary Bapt. Church (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 22, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time volunteering at the Resource Center. It gave me the opportunity to get to know the partners there. Assisted with multiple events that occured throughout the year. Worked with other volunteers that were eager to help with all aspects of the ministry.
Pros
positive interations weekly with other partners
Cons
non
Great Work life balance
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2019
Recent change in management is making a large change in the culture of the company. Benefits are very comparable to other large systems in the community
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYMarch 22, 2019
Its a good job if you are there more then just for a paycheck. When you bring things to attention they dont take it seriously and treat certain staff better then others
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Bad management and dont care to much about employees
Provides a vital service to families of school age children with disabilities
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 20, 2019
ASK Resource Center provides services to the families of the 73,000 Iowa children with disabilites. Staff receive excellent support through regional technical assistance centers to be able to offer competent advocacy on behalf of parents and their students.
Pros
Mission driven
Cons
State and Federal grant dependent
My Job was a Volunteer Job
CuFF (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 5, 2019
I answered the Phones, I worked well with Everyone and they were great to work with at CUFF. I enjoyed the Events that I helped working for. I worked hard on events and finding Resources for our Participants that came in. Organized as well.
Resource Center is an incredible company
Community Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2019
Working at Resource Center gave me a tremendous sense of pride, to be LGBT, to serve my community, and to work with such amazing people.

Once they wake up and realize that the Prevention program's poor management is a cancer to the overall health of the company, Resource Center will be truly stellar.

I was tremendously overqualified for my position but treated like an intern. e.g. Told to mind the budget but not allowed to see the budget
Pros
Positive Job Culture, Great Co-Workers, LGBTQ-Empowering, Multi-faceted, Community Focused
Cons
Unqualified, poorly trained managers in the Prevention program
It is a good place to work. I enjoy being around staff and residents while working
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  a floater in different houses.January 4, 2019
I learned a lot about the houses and what to expect at each place. I was a floater in housekeeping working in different houses. I cleaned living areas and bedrooms. also I help wax floors and pick up stock from the warehouse. The management works with you in the houses and the main office. The hardest part is learning locations and if I was working in group setting or alone in different places. The most enjoyable was getting to know the residents and staff while working. At holiday time we have party for staff and residents. I also learned about the autism walk.
Pros
learning how each house is different and learning new things along the way
Cons
I would rather been in working in 1 location different hour in for floater position.
Productive and exciting enviroment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2018
Very productive
Office management, social work
Leadership and organization
Office work environment
Never enough to help the clients
Helping clients get the assistance they need
Pros
Humbling work
Cons
Not being able to do more
Terrible managers!!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2018
Don't know what to say, thy don't care about their clients, only about
making money!! No one there cares about the homeless population! its very sad to see that such a big corporations does nothing for the homeless people.

They don't give your breaks and only 30 minutes for lunch!!
Pros
people are very friendly
Cons
short breaks, or no breaks
nice place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 7, 2018
I would take individuals out on outings. I would help individuals with areas of everyday living skills. I would help individuals with toileting skills.
Pros
hard work
Cons
hard work
productive and fun work space
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAFebruary 13, 2018
great experience, learned allot about my social skills, dealing with customers and there needs...coming to find solutions to problems being hands on and active.
LGBT Ideal company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2018
This is a great entry-level company to work for in the LGBT community. Great staff, supportive environment, and noble work for communities and underserved persons.
love the people
Supportive Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoy working with the people I have served and have learned so much from them. Most of all I learned about Patience . Good company to work for . I enjoy going to work everyday knowing I am helping someone and you become apart of there lives.
Proactive workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 1, 2017
Working in Resource Center (Library) can be slow or fast paced workplace. Student will need help looking up information for course work, and research papers. Very diverse, Time management, and enjoyed getting along with new employees and new students.
Excellent pay
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
Excellent pay, good learning environment. FLexible hours.
It is a slow pace, office, small.
Good writing skills is required and necessary to be able to write extensive reports
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
long commute
Fun | Challenging | Friendly | Supportive | Caring | Rewarding | Flexible | Busy
Administrative Assistant, Manufacturers (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 26, 2017
Ambitious and energetic company with real opportunities. Management always try to listen to your need and find a way for you, as an individual, to florish in the organization.
Fun and made good friends
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYSeptember 19, 2017
The job did not take long to learn and the Co-workers were a great help. You have help when you need it and no one puts you down. It's lively while waiting for the start tine to come, always a good laugh being with the others
Focused Mission--
DEVELOPMENT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Had a hard time breaking out of my role that I became very good at. My position was then turned into several roles after I left solidifying my thoughts that they weren't invested in paying me more to keep me.