Resource Corporation of America Employee Reviews

High stress job
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Okemah, OKAugust 26, 2019
They pile on more work than one person can do, keep changing the rules, keep adding new tasks, not enough training. Assistance available to only native American Indians.
Pros
Safe place to work
Cons
No regard for employee health issues
Stressful, confusing workplace with unprofessional management.
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, ID Portneuf Medical CenterAugust 14, 2019
I worked at RCA for 30 days and it was the most stressful work experience I have ever had in my work life. If you get the job offer it will be just a 30-day trial offer with no benefits, and if manager decides to keep you then you wait another 2 month until they will give you benefits. They said that they want to make their coworkers feel good and relaxed but that is not true. Management is very unprofessional, my manager wanted me to "shadow" them to learn the job, but never helped in Hospital online HR training (which I was told accidentally I should complete it), I would be waiting for them to give me directions for hours and hours while the training as they call it. My manager never gave me an office keys, I accidentally heard other coworker had it in the different office and when I got to work (she was not there, did not respond to my calls or texts), I figured to find the lady who had the keys. When she got to work she told me that she put me through the test if I was able to open the door and start working myself, that was on the day 8th of my employment there. Another day i was wearing short dress to the knees, my manager (who can barely speaks in English and is very hard to understand) says: "Stand up, I need to see your dress how long is it". Finally, she fires me for calling the patient and asking him questions she advised days before! I strongly felt that manager did not want me there at since the day 1st. When I tried to speak with the higher manager who recruited me about this, they never returned my call back, they lied when they told me before I can talk to them  more... if I needed to for any matter I would need a help with. I am very positive and hard working person but RCA made me feeling frustrated, less and unhappy.  less
Ghetto
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2019
RCA is located inside a Chase building. The conditions of this place are unsanitary! (Dusty, old, and take MONTHS to unclog toilets). A/C & heater breaks down often. New employees every month Due to high turnover. I did not know who the top 2 directors were until my third month. They only step inside our office when corporate visits, or for potluck events. There are directors and supervisors, but they know nothing about being a leader. Please Use this job if you can’t find anything else. This job is NOT for long term career.
Pros
Paid time off during holidays (thank god), can take naps if you’re careful
Cons
Management, unprofessional, unsanitary, some supervisors act childish (stealing)
Fast paced environment
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 21, 2019
I love working with patient's and learning about healthcare. Being the person who relieves stress from patient's always leaves a warm feeling in my heart. RCA made it a point to get bills covered for patient's who accepted our help.
Poor management
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99204April 29, 2019
Management is uneducated. No clear direction. Poor leadership skills. Will tell you they want to help you learn, and then write you up for not doing something properly. The work environment is toxic. Do not apply here.
Cons
Minimum time off, poor management, no advancement.
Poor management, low pay
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2019
I worked for the company 6 months and I can definitely say the management is horrible! Supervisor are not fully educated/ trained to be supervisors. The pay rate is low for the amount of work you do. The supervisors complain for everything and can write you up for a nonsense reason. I don’t recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No advancement
Daily Work
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2019
Working with RCA has been great helping patients with their needs. Helping them gather all documentation needed to cover medical bills. I felt accomplish each time someone will cry with me over the phone and tell me how thankful they were. I was only doing my job.
Pros
10 min from home
Cons
micromanaging
A good example of what not to do.
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 10, 2019
While working with patients and colleagues is fine in it's own right, the management of this company leaves a lot to be desired. From the blatant disregard for basic human decency to the abhorrent HIPAA violations, this company is a step backwards from progress. Their employees are forced to deal with this lack of proper leadership by internalizing the stress, because speaking up will likely cost you your position. If you are looking for work in the field of patient support, might I suggest applying directly to the facility in question over applying to a company with almost no job security and definitely no respect for it's employees?
Pros
There really aren't any positive notes about this company.
Cons
Poor management, poor leadership, laughable support for employees.
PATIENT SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCDecember 10, 2018
A productive hospital setting with a lot to do. This job taught me a lot and gave me a lot of experience that I will be able to carry with me into the future.
Horrible management throughout the company
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 16, 2018
Very unorganized company with a short lifespan ahead. RCA is losing contracts with facilities due to the poor practices of the company. Poor management throughout the company. High stress. I would give 0 stars if possible.
not a place to advance
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
The only good thing about RCA was that I learned a lot about government and state funded programs. RCA is not place you would want to stay to advance because if you are not close to management then most likely you will stay in same position/pay or be expected to do more with no pay increase. A good starting learning job but not a place to turn into a career.
Pros
constantly celebrating something so food and cake all day every day.
Cons
High school all over again.
Relaxed
liaison between patient, hospital, and agency (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
It's a very relaxed job, you get tired of being in the same seat all day. Everyday it's a repetitive thing, answering phone calls and filling out paper work.
Productive and fulfilling
Supervisor/Lead Patient Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 26, 2018
Screen patients currently in the hospital for financial assistance. Complete applications for government assistance. Call patients to offer assistance with medical bills and screen. Call agencies or patients to follow up on pending government assistance. Collect pending information. At times have a hard time contacting current/pending applicants. Work as contract employee therefore contract could end at any time. Helping people who are in need is what is most fulfilling and enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
contract employment
Great company to work for
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
Did screening with clients for eligibility of federal, state programs
Assisted client with completing applications, follow-up on applications
I learned a great deal about the federal and state insurance programs available and the application process. The hardest part of the job was dealing with families of critically ill clients and helping them find coverage. This was also the most enjoyable part because once it was all said and done, this was something less they had to worry about.
Pros
Nice bonuses
Cons
Lost contract
Productive day each day.
Patient Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land TxJuly 31, 2018
I supervised the RCA department at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital. Daily reports given regarding the self pay patients, needed to determine possible qualifications of government or charity assistant programs. Assisted hospital to receive payments on patient accounts that would have otherwise been zero payment.
Pros
rewarding experience to assist patients
Cons
salary raises were given rarely, no yearly evaluations
Great company to work for
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
Spend your day among co-leagues checking eligibility and doing qualification for self-pay patients. Third party eligibility helping non insured and self pay patients.
Constant schedule with patients
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed working here but I did not feel as if I could grow as an individual. My assigned duties were always thought out and accomplished but there was never a chance to step forward.
Poor management
Requested as Lead Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2018
Poor Management, mandatory overtime and fast turnover. The company has had laid in the past and uneven work assignments. This company rarely rewards for high performance.
Pros
In the healthcare field
Cons
fast turnover
productive and fun place to work at
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2018
A workplace as you walked in everyone was happy smiling and always greeted with good morning. Fun place to work at. Managers were great. Always havng team meeting to make sure we were up to par
Pros
vending machines for snacks
Cons
15 mn breaks
Busy but Fun
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherokee, NCMarch 7, 2018
RCA is a beneficial company to many health care facilities in a lot of areas. My days at work are busy. I like that because the day goes by so fast. Co-workers are always happy to be around. Staff who have been employed with the company for a while are always willing to help people who are learning. There is a lot to learn but I have found from management down everyone is willing to help.
Pros
Lots of treats from Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resource Corporation of America. Our community is ready to answer.