Resource Corporation of America Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
Did screening with clients for eligibility of federal, state programs
Assisted client with completing applications, follow-up on applications
I learned a great deal about the federal and state insurance programs available and the application process. The hardest part of the job was dealing with families of critically ill clients and helping them find coverage. This was also the most enjoyable part because once it was all said and done, this was something less they had to worry about.
Pros
Nice bonuses
Cons
Lost contract
Great company to work for
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
Spend your day among co-leagues checking eligibility and doing qualification for self-pay patients. Third party eligibility helping non insured and self pay patients.
Constant schedule with patients
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed working here but I did not feel as if I could grow as an individual. My assigned duties were always thought out and accomplished but there was never a chance to step forward.
Poor management
Requested as Lead Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2018
Poor Management, mandatory overtime and fast turnover. The company has had laid in the past and uneven work assignments. This company rarely rewards for high performance.
Pros
In the healthcare field
Cons
fast turnover
productive and fun place to work at
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2018
A workplace as you walked in everyone was happy smiling and always greeted with good morning. Fun place to work at. Managers were great. Always havng team meeting to make sure we were up to par
Pros
vending machines for snacks
Cons
15 mn breaks
Busy but Fun
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherokee, NCMarch 7, 2018
RCA is a beneficial company to many health care facilities in a lot of areas. My days at work are busy. I like that because the day goes by so fast. Co-workers are always happy to be around. Staff who have been employed with the company for a while are always willing to help people who are learning. There is a lot to learn but I have found from management down everyone is willing to help.
Pros
Lots of treats from Manager
A very, very good company to work for
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 13, 2018
RCA is a wonderful place to work at, I have been here for about a year and they have given me a chance to work for a company in my home town so that I do not have to commute to work. They also have a nice Health Care plan and many more benefits like Dental and supplemental Life Insurance.

I have the ability to help people with their health coverage and disability applications. I am always satisfied with the end results of getting my patients approved in a prompt manner.

The work atmosphere is very professional and the Hospitals that I work with are very accommodating to many needs that I as a PSR would require like office space, office Machines like computers and printers, wifi, and mail room access.

The company has your back when it comes to family emergencies and or taking time off if you ask ahead of time and your attendance is exemplary.

The Management staff again is very yielding to your needs, and that is why I give them 100% of my work efforts and try harder to meet the needs of the client and my company.
Pros
A very professional environment, in the medical field.
Cons
This company is not for those that do not like working with people. Pay is adequate.
Great Work Place
Supervisor of Patient Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Typical work day is fast paced, helping patients who truly need help. Hardest part of the job is when we cant help someone. It breaks my heart. I just love helping families out. Its very rewarding. Workplace is great. Its face-paced but your office is like a small family. I've been with RCA over 5 years and my experience has been great.
Pros
Management is flexible and understanding, paid holidays, christmas bonus and gifts, luncheons, room for advancement, pay is competitive, great benefits.
Cons
Wish we had more paid holidays.
Such a Great Place to Work
Lien Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Resource Corporation of America has been an awesome place to work. They offer paid holidays, personal time off and good benefits. Management is flexible, willing to work with schedules, and are present in the office. The department I work in works as a team, and everyone is friendly and always willing to help their neighbor with any questions they may have.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Schedule
Good Job at first
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Until you realize that management plays favorites, they all talk about each other and then smile in each others face. Your given false promises of things that's going to change but nothing ever changes. The company itself is Ok,it's just some of the management is unqualified for the task. I would work in the Georgia division there management is great! But stay away from NC,TN and KY, their management is horrible
Amazing
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KYDecember 19, 2017
I have never worked at a job that I enjoyed so much. This job was the best job one could have. I worked in a great working environment, my supervisor was thee absolute best. The job wasn't too hard, but you always had something to do. I loved this job!
is not secure work
Patient Support Representative Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2017
as a vendor need to negotiate contracts with hospital manager therefore is not secure for permanent job. is also a lot favorism with employees and management. not fair equal treatment
Pros
work with hospital
Cons
not secure job
Rca
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 12, 2017
Assisting self-pay patients to obtain medial assistance was very rewarding. I got to meet very sweet families and learned so much about county and government medical help.
Fast paced, sometimes stressful, but got to help other people.
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 31, 2017
My main concern was that I enjoyed helping other people with financial assistance needs. I liked to see people get approved for assistance in getting their hospital bill paid by medicaid or ECHDA, or get approved for SSD.
Awesome place to work for!
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, KYOctober 23, 2017
I have really enjoyed working for this company. I get paid to help others, I cannot think of a better way to spend my working days. My coworkers have been helpful from day one. Management lays out what is expected from you and pushes you to do your best, but they are also kind and relatable.
Pros
Paid time off, paid holidays, competive pay.
Cons
you cannot help everyone as everyone will not qualify.
Team Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXOctober 23, 2017
I absolutely love working at RCA. Not only is my team collaborative and supportive but the entire company is as a whole. Our company has a strong sense of community that is felt in every office.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not very many paid company holidays.
A productive fun place to work with 1 hour lunches
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 30, 2017
Typical day for me at work was one week in the office one week at the hospital doing patient surveys in order to better assist them with their needs .Most enjoyable part of my job was finding the funding's to help all self pays downside of the job was not able to help someone with their needs. Management was excellent in providing you with the training needed to do your job
Pros
Pros were the friendly staff and a management plus the hour lunches
Cons
No cons excellent place to work
Great working enviornemt
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 17, 2017
A great company to be apart of. The type of work you do is like no other company. so much compassion is express with the patients we care for. If you love helping individuals out this is the perfect job.
Poor management
Resource Corporation of America (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 10, 2017
Poor management not professional at all. Plus they don't pay overtime- Not a secure job. Will not recommend to other people.
****************************************************************************
Pros
Cons
contracted/ poor management/
A great opportunity
Patient Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
On a daily basis I work on accounts that help patients who don't have health insurance, obtain it. You learn new things all the time in this company, which is nothing to worry about because when you are stuck you can always reach out to co-workers and supervisors for help. One thing you hear a lot is "There is no such thing as dumb questions" The overall environment is really friendly from the people who work here. During employees birthday month upper management brings in lunch for the whole office. It's very important to know you're hard work never goes unappreciated because knowing patients who are minors, pregnant, and elderly are in need of insurance and now have coverage because you or your team made sure everything was taken care of, it's one of the most rewarding feelings you can experience.
Pros
Awesome people, free lunches, off on major holidays, health benefits
Cons
Unable to help every patient

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resource Corporation of America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2