Resource Data, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company; do your homework
Director, HR (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 11, 2015
I'm the HR Director for Resource Data and so that should be taken into account; I've been with the company for over 15 of the last 18 years, electing to come back after a 3 year break.

For employees, we focus on being a great place to work where you're treated like a professional. We value a work-life balance and flexibility, but our biggest strengths is that the work is interesting and your teammates are smart.

Some other employer review sites have larger numbers of reviews and probably do a better job of providing a balanced picture of the company. Every company has strengths and things to improve. We are always doing that and want candidates to get a good idea of the type of company we are so that when they come, it is a good fit and they have a long, successful, and rewarding career here.
Pros
Work-life balance, flexibility, teammates
Resource Data Inc
Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Juneau AlaskaOctober 7, 2014
The Juneau branch of Resource Data Inc is always hiring programmers and now I know why. When I was first hired through an entirely telephone based interview process I jumped at the opportunity to move to Alaska. By the time I had arrived in Juneau the branch manager who hired me had stepped down. The companies on boarding process for new programmers consisted of giving me a poorly written and outdated technical manual and throwing me head first into code maintenance of the companies Intranet. After two months the Sr. programmer I sat next was moved offsite and I continued development with almost no oversight. The junior programmers I work with are all very nice and easy to get along with but share similar experiences of being overwhelmed and under trained. Six months in and I am still waiting to to be put on a real project and wondering why I was hired in the first place as there seems to be no work for junior programmers and I am left wondering if there will be any in the foreseeable future.

Management seems focused on drumming up new business, all of which is contract based. In the time I have worked here I keep hearing about the next great contract that is sure to bring us lucrative work. But very few of those contracts ever seem to come to fruition. The flexible hours have been nice as has the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of web technologies, however as a new Software Engineer I see little room for career growth here. If you are a seasoned professional familiar with dealing with the inns and outs of contract based software development looking to settle down
  more... in a beautiful place then this may be the company for you. If you are a young graduate looking to do something innovative with room for career growth then it most certainly is not.  less
Pros
Flexible Hours, Exposure to a variety of technologies
Cons
Petty job culture, Lack of projects for junior programmers, Poor over-site of new hires
Smart employees
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 5, 2013
A good small-ish sized company that hasn't lost touch. Pleasant coworkers and management that still value their employees. It's contract work, though, so it's all about the billable hours.
Pros
Free sodas when I was there. There was talk about taking that away though
Cons
Benefits aren't great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resource Data, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Resource Data, Inc. Reviews by Location