Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews

Fantastic Program
Navigator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Everyone was engaged. Everyone pitched in to get the job done. Hardest part was that the project I was on, The Affordable Healthcare Act, was new. We were learning as we went along. Most enjoyable was signing people up for insurance when they didn't have coverage. I learned so much about health insurance plans including Medicare.
Pros
People Care
Cons
Contract for the Affordable Healthcare Act was not renewed.
i loved working with the clients
Lead staff (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Overall some staff and all the clients is the reason i stayed for five years. and the fact that i had all the overtime i wanted do to call outs or just covering vacation.
Pros
lovely clients
Cons
low pay
Will never work for them again
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAJanuary 3, 2019
I worked for them for almost 2 years and they are horrible. The staff they hire is bad, you have select few of good ones. Need better management all the way!
helping those less fortunate cope with life
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 2, 2018
Rather not comment. Just I felt I was unjustly dismissed I was falsely accused of an error upon seeing someone else called in to change from their initials to mine.
Pros
working with clients
Cons
dealing with staff
Im not understanding the question
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  5th street and west ChesterNovember 26, 2018
It was ok sometime. There were ups and downs but it could've been better and the bosses could have been nicer. But I know longer work there and I'm ok with now the way they let people go was Unfair
Pros
I work with only one person
Cons
My boss was so disrespectful sometimes that it made me not want deal with her
Solid 3 stars all around
Lead Clinician 1 - On Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
Just wish the pay was better. No increase in pay for educational advancement, certifications, or licensure. There is not consistency across different programs.
Rewarding Work
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 29, 2018
It gives me great pleasure to come to work everyday and deal with clients who truly need and appreciate my help. The company takes an immense level of quality care for the clients receiving services.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAOctober 24, 2018
Management is very understanding. A very relaxed and fun job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the consumers. They are so fun and have so much fun.
Pros
an enjoyable time
Cons
always working
Working with the consumers was enjoyable
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 14, 2018
The management teams were very unprofessional and unorganized. They lake compassion, appreciation and concern or safety for their employees. They are a very selfish company to work for. They are inconsistent with scheduling and staffing shifts when needed. The pull staff from their base house and send them to other locations without notice that could be 30-40 minutes out the way.
Productive, fun, and warm office environment.
Government and Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
The Corporate office is beautifully designed, and has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. RHD's values and missions drive the company, and provides a welcome environment that encourages growth and community. This organization truly works to celebrate the contributions of employees, regardless of role or compensation. It was because of my experience with RHD that I became passionate about advocacy, government affairs, and politics.
Pros
Amazing office and corporate environment.
Relaxed company culture
Residential Counselor I (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2018
Overall RHD is a good place to work if a person is just beginning a career in the human service field. Working with an array of clients with so many different personalities will give any employee the hands on experience needed for advancement at other agencies. The relaxed dress code and overall relaxed company culture makes RHD a good place to build life long friendships with employees. However the need for career advancement will make many employees only use this company as a stepping stone rather than a place to stay long term.
Pros
Company Culture and Good benefits
Cons
No advancement
meeting clients
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2018
Working with the clients and building relationships with them is the best part of the job.You get paid vacations and sick time and you also have to know how to work as a team player to contribute to the well being of the clients.
Good Place to work
Site Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2018
Worked there for a few years many opportunities for advancement. If you have a BA or Masters degree is really beneficiary to you if you want to advance your career
Skip the Occult Drama
Crisis Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 19, 2018
This agency is overloaded with practices of favoritism. Managers are without effective supervisory skills. They verbalize one perspective, but then operate under a different motive.
The whole objective is whomever can report to work and give the best act of not being overwhelmed is the approved employee.
It is very important to know that you must be servile in order to keep the job. Have no vocal expression about anything. It's never "safe" to ask questions.
Be Agreeable Only about Everything including mistreatment, and you might last.
Pros
Preferential treatment__ TWO HOUR lunch breaks for favorites
Cons
Subservient and Self Abasing Only Need Apply
Nice place to work
Residential Advisor for Drug and Alcohol (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
This job is very rewarding helping people get their lives back together from drugs I facilitated life skill groups assisted clients to and from medical appointments and sobriety meetings completed daily og book at the end of shift monitoring visitors on visiting days.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Breaks
Its a stepping stone to a career It isn't a long term job
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Bath, PASeptember 10, 2018
A typical day at RHD will include taking consumer to their appointments. Transporting clients to therapy or other approved activities . I learned how to manage time. the hardest part of the job is helping the consumer develop quality of life. the most enjoyable part of the job is cooking with the consumers.
benefits
Cons
outings have to be approved, consumers are not always friendly to staff
Community Support Specialist
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJSeptember 9, 2018
Working for RHD was enjoyable mostly due to the colleagues I worked with, as well as the clientele. The population we were serving were adults with mental illness currently hospitalized or formerly hospitalized, living in the community. Our duty was to link to services, conduct visits and ensure each individual was working towards their service plan goals - which was tailored to their individualized needs based on their life and previous situation that led them to hospitalization. The whole purpose was to keep the individuals out of the hospital and in the community leading healthy lives.
HRDE pays it's managers and maintenance well. Maintenance are union workers but managers are not. Not much room for advancement
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Branchland, WVSeptember 7, 2018
Managers have no real down time because they are required to live on site. The job pays well and with the free rent and utilities, it pays above average. It sometimes does not seem like a fair trade off however.
Pros
Above average pay and autonomy for day to day managerial tasks
Cons
Onsite management requirement and micromanagement of extensive paperwork
Not recommended
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PASeptember 7, 2018
No room for advancement. Management constantly changing rules. Day to day staff do 100% of work and get 0 credit. Management is overpaid. Constant changeover and lack of staff. Worked there for eight years received one raise of 25 cents.lack of training. Management think there better than everyone. Consumers are not treated the same. Management uses bully tactics.
Good people
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
Its a good place just to many women with so many attitude .but clients where nice kids was great we really hax good conversation fir each other i love gibing them adivce we had fun
Pros
Free food on meetings days
Cons
Shorts breaks