Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews

Awesome
Youth Support Partner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
Resources for Human Development was one of the greatest places I have ever worked. My supervisor was extremely amazing, and very empathetic. She was always fair and just, the atmosphere was great loved that place.
Could be so much better
One of the areas dealing with $$$$ (Former Employee) –  CBOAugust 4, 2018
Never thought I'd find lack of caring for staff issue in a place that boasts about their "unity" and open door policy. For years they let a tyrant run the AR area, even when complaints were made. Same for AP at times. Original CEO, COO and her daughter were the best but then things changed. The CAO couldve helped by being honest about issues as he's been around....but did not. They want to grow too fast which leads to things being rushed and done incorrectly. They lost many good people and need to regroup....an honest regroup.
Pros
Pto and holidays
Cons
Corporate office politics
Rhd
CTI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at RHD and the environment. I had to look for other employment however due to the pay. RHD is a great company to work for for the first 3 years of your career but does not promote much of an opportunity to advance in position or pay.
Great human service agency to work for.
SCHOOL THERAPUETIC STAFF (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2018
Resources for Human Development is a great place to work if making a difference in a child's life is one of your desired accomplishments. I have learned an extremely large amount about how to accomplish this. Management is extremely efficient & open.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 16, 2018
I like it. Indiduals and staff are friendly. Easy to learn. The pay is good. Has its own company vehicles and housing. Training through rhd. Pretty good company overall
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Work Environment
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2018
Full-time work is not offered to each employee however, the job is quick pace and has the assistance when one lack. The employer works well with each other. Definitely teamwork in that working environment.
Care and Education
Site Manager/Residential counselor (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 23, 2018
A lot of fun and education to those that we share. The shifts are ran according to the needs of the Individuals, There are a lot cultures and events that we are trying to arrange for the guys to attend. The supervisors are great and the staff are helpful
Worked as case manager for adults with developmental disabilities
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 20, 2018
Excellent atmosphere and environment working in an art and music space for people with disabilities. Provided treatment planning and facilitated meetings between families, client and social workers.
Managers and office suck
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 15, 2018
Most importantly a dds job is not supposed to be fun and games! The purpose of a dds job is to improve the life’s of the individual!!!!! The just need warm bodies, worst place to work. Unless you don’t have morals!!!!

Rhd does not improve lives, that’s why the Omaha location residence services has been closed!
Good place to work with good people
TRAINING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 14, 2018
RHD is a good place to work, the people who work there really try to help each other be successful in what they do to support our participants. There is not much room for advancement outside of becoming a Support Coordinator. Management has a tendency to differ on effective ways of doing things which prevents quality implementation of ideas. Raises are few and far between.

Want to know more about Resources for Human Development?

Ask a question
Helping consumers excell and succeed
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Walnutport, PAJune 9, 2018
Working here can be very rewarding in that you can see consumers come in with specific needs to address, help them and watch them succeed and move on to living more independently.
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  324 Wister StreetJune 1, 2018
A typical day at work entails engaging the participant to want to live a more productive lifestyle. And in doing so , as a Direct Care professional I would always promote their strengths as a starting point for them the want more.
Good entry level job! ( those just coming out of college) looking to start a career in Behavior Health
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2018
The culture is all about "who you know" (Part time workers vs, full time workers) They work the same amount of hours however... part time people are paid by hour and full time workers are salary. The advancement depends on if they higher ups feel you " deserve it". Most workers are over worked and under paid...No yearly paid raise.
Pros
Sick days and paid summers OFF.
Cons
no vacation days or Health care package
Humanitarian Services
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJ 08723May 16, 2018
Resources For Human (RHD) is a 21st century non-profit company, anyone will be happy to work under the RHD umbrella of humanitarian services. If I had the opportunity to work for RHD again, I would gladly do so.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of funding
Relaxing place to work.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMay 15, 2018
Rhd is a beneficial company to work at. The pay is not great, but if you can deal with less pay for a less stressful life it is worth it. Management is very open and always willing to answer questions. I’ve learned an incredible amount at rhd.
enjoyed making a difference in clients everyday life skills
Direct Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 8, 2018
enjoyed working with clients including the difficult ones. making a difference in the client & family members everyday living. enjoyed my house managers form great friends with staff / and managers .
Pros
relax work place
Cons
only being companion base organization
Currently in significant culture change
Chief Operating Officer/Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2018
There has always been long process to accomplish needed goals. I have learned a great deal about the Social Service world and the impact that non-profit organizations like RHD has on peoples lives. That is the rewarding part of working at RHD. At this time new leadership is in place and the culture and focus is shifting.
Pros
The impact of services to those who are most vulnerable.
Cons
Salary level, benefits
Very relaxed and cool if you know how to work with mentally disabled.
Residental Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2018
Mentally disabled is very hard to work with if you have no experience but you will learn if you have patience and tend to be calm. The clients are sometimes violent and very aggressive but are too much and crazy.
Pros
Very relaxed and your in a home environment
Cons
Troubled clients and horrible co workers.
Working with consumers with disabilities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 5, 2018
I started my day off working in the office as a administrative assistance greeting visitors and staffs preparing training schedules for staff, processed staff payroll and distributed paychecks to employees, coordinated meetings, ran errand preparing for meetings, food and office supplies. While working in the office I learned the skills as a residential counselor for consumers working part time in different group homes for the same company which I got paid for full time in the office and part time as a residential counselor. I learned how to order and administer medications and checked kardex (medication record). I also have to learned the different training skills such as CPR, first aide, PMT etc.. The hardest part was when I was laid off. I enjoy working with the employees and the consumers participating in there everyday living skills.
Pros
Taking care of the consumers was a priority
Cons
Try not to get a consumers upset
Productive workplace.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNApril 25, 2018
Overall RHD is a good company to work for. The part I enjoy about RHD is the opportunity to help others to my best ability.As far as management goes they go above and beyond for there employees.