RESPONSIVE EDUCATION SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Boring
Contact Center Agent/Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 20, 2017
A typical day is slow and boring.
I was taught nothing. They held me back or I taught myself.
Management lies to cover himself and his own mistakes. He pushes things off to you that have nothing to do with your job description, because he does not know how to do it himself or is too lazy.
The hardest part for me is dealing with some of the team members who know something is due but wait until the last minute to inform everyone else.
We throw a lot of parties. That's the only fun thing about this place.
Txva- unorganized mess (special education)
Teacher (Former Employee) –  TxvaOctober 5, 2017
Training is totally ridiculous and confusing. You are doing the job of three different positions and the pay is terrible. Benefits are sky-high. Good place if you are fresh out of college.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Management, pay, benefits
Good Place to Substitute Teach
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Kids are very well behaved and the Classical curriculum is amazing! The teachers are a great group to work with on a day to day basis. Management is OK.
Morning team stretches and meeting
Special Education Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 7, 2017
my hours were 8-4:30. a typical day for me was to check my emails and dropbox to see if Sped teachers or ARDF's needed me to do ARD's or pull files for them due to it being a virtual school. I answered the phones and answered questions for parents and sometimes translated for parents and teachers. I would mail out invites for sped teachers to parents or adult students.
Pull withdrawn files, share documents with parents by ESPED portal or mail.
Pros
Flexible with Doctor appointments for kid's or myself
Cons
no breaks
Enjoyed my time there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJuly 26, 2017
Parents, kiddos & staff great. Fast-paced environment. Salary lower than public schools. Can be rewarding work. Spring & Christmas breaks for employees.
Good place to work with good people
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 13, 2017
Nice company that has a good culture overall. Decisions are made by top management with little input from staff. One downfall is a limited window of advancement opportunities.
Terrible Management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
Unfortunately, I cannot say much nice things about the management team at iSchool high. The director for example, is very personal and takes each wrongful doing to the extremes to which makes you feel like you need to walk on egg shells for days. Highly toxic environment
Overall I had a positive experience
2nd Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 14, 2017
I have worked at 3 or their schools and some management was excellent and some was just not acceptable. The training is great but the commute to the training area is long and the traffic is bad.
Pros
less stressful
Cons
long hours, pay is low
Outsider
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 31, 2017
IF you don't go to church 3 or 4 times a week, they make you feel like an Outsider. Cubicle style office and very loud. Very tense environment. Have meetings every week and discuss the same things. Nothing ever get resolved.Waste of time.
Pros
Cons
everything
helped me get into the job field that I wanted, that's about it.
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 27, 2017
RES helped me get into my current field by hiring me with no experience which is about the only good thing I can say about them outside of my department. In the time that I've been with the company they have made it harder and harder for the us to get our jobs done. We are constantly completing jobs in spite of the people in charge. Instead of promoting the person who actually runs the department and makes sure everything is done properly, or hiring an experienced individual to be head the department they continue to move or promote individuals who have no clue to what they're doing to be in charge of the department and over pay them as well. In the time I have been here there have been five different people placed in charge of my department and only one was truly qualified to run it. This is not just in the department I work in but a company wide epidemic. They do not care about their employees or putting out a good product as long as they're making money. The company is run by an executive team who has no business running a company and would not be executives any where else. If you are not one of their friends you are not likely to get promoted and if you are and are not very good at the job they hired you for they will just move you around the company after each job you screw up or HR complaint which ever comes first. The pay scale is not even and fair across the board. Benefits are mediocre.
Pros
not thinking of many
Cons
almost everything
Excellent opportunity
SPED Teacher (Current Employee) –  TxVaFebruary 5, 2017
Responsive Ed is a great company to work for. They are growing and there is opportunity to learn many aspects of education. Directors are smart and hardworking people who really inspire people to do their best. It's a very hard job, working online, but very rewarding.
A very learning but exhausting and stressful experience.
Child Nutrition Program Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
The students are always the most fulfilling part of working for a school but the disorganization of this employer put quite a damper on things. As with most things..the first priority is getting funding to run these schools with the most minimal number of employees as possible. This also made it difficult to enrich the programs the school offered because there was not going to be any extra hands on deck to make them successful. I had grand ideas beginning this job but they faded quickly when I realized they weren't going to happen because the company wasn't going to hire the necessary people to advance the lunch program...or any other program for that matter.
Pros
Interaction with the students
Cons
Too much stress for the pay. Benefits were too costly family plans.
Disorganized mess
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79703December 7, 2016
My supervisor (the principal) made her own rules, which included early dismissals when her and her boyfriend got in to an argument, gave test answers to students, and threw baby showers for students during class times.
Not Much Room for Advancement- A good place to start.
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2016
Over two years I have seen a 50% turnover rate. The salary is far lower than other districts. Not enough resources to deal with special needs students. Management sometimes has meetings to figure out how to discourage students with special needs from attending their school. Special Education micromanaged too much! Co-workers are very friendly and want to work with special education.The most enjoyable part is working with the students. They are amazing!!
Pros
Small class size
Cons
Trust The Special Education Teacher! Follow our Advice!!
It's a great starting place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2016
It's a great place for beginning teachers, and those looking to learn hands on. The pay could be better, but then again, the work environment and stressors would be horrible.
Pros
Great environment, opportunities to learn
Cons
Salary
Local school was great, corporate wasn't very supportive.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elgin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I loved my students, the teachers and staff on the local level, but felt somewhat belittled by the corporate workers. No change for advancement.
Pros
Local teachers, staff, students, and parents.
Cons
Terrible benefits and pay, expecially for teachers with masters and years of experience.
Flexibilty
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 17, 2015
This opportunity provides a teacher with flexibility and an alternative to a brick and mortar setting. TRS as well as health insurance options are provided.
Good small family environment at my school
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2015
I enjoy working with my students and seeing how much they can grow within a school year. The company overall tries to offer a private school environment at no cost.
Pros
great student teacher ratio
Cons
salary
it's okay
Communication Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 24, 2015
A typical day is I start by checking voicemail messages that we have received after hours. I call those inquiries and answer their questions and enter their information in salesforce. I call leads,who are inquiries that are wanting more information about schools and our programs. I also enter their information into the computer. I also chat with inquiries that are interested in our school as well. I help fill out applications. The management is okay I believe their needs to be more communications. There really isn't a hard part.
Leading provider of public charter schools in Texas.
Director of Community Relations/School Development (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 19, 2014
Great company with a great mission. Working with people who are motivated to improve the lives of others through education is a wonderful experience.