Responsive Education Solutions Employee Reviews

Good people in a broken system.
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 11, 2018
There are a lot of great people here trying to help students succeed. Many care deeply about the students and work hard to provide the best education possible.
At the corporate/administrative level it is continual dysfunction with selfish people who care little about others. I've worked in a variety of organizations and have never seen this level of pettiness from executive and senior staff. The culture is "do what I say and don't think for yourself."
Pros
Friendly people at campus level
Cons
Back stabbing dysfunction at corporate level
Great People, Great Atmosphere
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TexasOctober 13, 2018
A lot of growing pains... priorities sometimes unclear. Salaries and benefits not comparable with similar for-profit companies. Great people to work with, Great atmosphere. No structure to grow individuals.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
No structure to grow individuals.
Responsive Ed
I.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  Central TexasNovember 15, 2018
Great company. Great Team Members.

I supported 12 campuses across the central Texas region. The day to day responsibilities varied from desktop support to server administration.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Summer travel
OK job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 21, 2018
Overall can be a nice place. Salary needs to be looked into and employees should be paid more. Employees should feel appreciated more and shown that they are valued.
Corporate was a nightmare. And unless you are related to HR they are of no help.
Campus Secretary/ registrar (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 5, 2018
My regional director found it fun to make me cry by berating me for things she made up. She never worked. Just sat all day behind her desk shopping online. Occasionally getting up to make our lives miserable. My title was campus secretary. But I was also the registrar, records coordinator, book keeper, admin assistant, facility/safety, school nurse. $13/hour. And they did not pay for school holiday so. So no pay over spring break, Christmas, etc.
You would be happier leaving a landfill everyday...
Executive Director, Special Programs (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 14, 2018
Working for Responsive Education Solutions is a challenge like no other. Before resigning, I almost made it three years. The first year was pretty typical as a new employee. It was going into my second year that I noticed that the organization really has no vision outside of building as many campuses as possible, rather than improving on the quality of the 70+ existing campuses. This place puts on a great front, but please do not be fooled. If you care anything about working in a diverse educational environment, that will support your professional growth, then this is not the place for you. If you care about pouring every available resource into the lives of all children, then this is not the place for you. Unfortunately, there are very few people running around the corporate building who actually understand the educational needs of all children. (Note: This is me being kind about this place. With what I have seen and heard in the last three year, my advice would be to apply with caution or not at all. )
Pros
You would know more than your manager...
Cons
You would know more than your manager...
Displaced teacher
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 13, 2018
My campus had an extremely high turnover rate. It provided an unstable learning environment for my students. Most of the teachers were great to work with.
Cons
no lunch
Good place to work with good people
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 13, 2017
Nice company that has a good culture overall. Decisions are made by top management with little input from staff. One downfall is a limited window of advancement opportunities.
Great team
Child Nutrition Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Great team to work with. Different personalities within the students. Management is still the same to this day. Hardest part of the job is that I was doing two jobs for the pay of one job.
Responsive Education Solutions
Writer/Editor/Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 24, 2014
I wrote, edited, and proofread curriculum. There was way too much pressure for the salary. For instance, we were told we needed to complete the writing of a unit (about 20,000 words) in 10 days. These units were to include information that was researched according to state standards, plus 2 to 3 quizzes, a practice test, a test, an answer key, and a test key. Most of the time, units were not done that quickly, but the pressure was always there.

Most people at this company are hired and promoted because of their relationships with others in the company, not because of their skills. Therefore, a lot of politics go on. If you are not part of the "in" crowd, you are looked down upon and not included.

The most enjoyable part of the job was trying to provide the best, most interesting material for the students. The hardest part of the job was not agreeing with management about the quality of the curriculum provided to the students. They always wanted shorter units to save money and eliminated questions that would prompt critical thinking, which is a goal of most educators.
Pros
Not having to work overtime but sometimes I could not sleep due to work pressure.
Cons
Very small raises. Some years there were no raises at all and when they occurred, they were very small.
Txva- unorganized mess (special education)
Teacher (Former Employee) –  TxvaOctober 5, 2017
Training is totally ridiculous and confusing. You are doing the job of three different positions and the pay is terrible. Benefits are sky-high. Good place if you are fresh out of college.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Management, pay, benefits
Challenging. Not supportive of teachers
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 6, 2018
No books. No materials. Created my own curriculum on internet. Low support. Low morale. Teachers and paraprofessionals stretched thin ....... toxic work environment despite some great teachers and families. Teachers not supported by administration.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
Only 5 days paid then pay is docked.
Bush League. Good kids. Decent teachers. Teacher Beware;Horrible, lying, unethical management.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 6, 2018
I was asked to leave just before the STAAR exam (they needed me prior to that). The cited reasons were: failing to enter one classes grades on time I was in the hospital), and failing to have my lesson plan on the desk for the sub(it was on my desktop). I’m not kidding. Once the students were prepared for the STAAR it was then cheaper (about $2500 ) to have a sub finish out the year.

The faculty are good hearted people, the school itself was constantly dirty, the “Principal” always terrified of “Corporate” coming down on her. When I was asked to leave the “Principal”could not even cite a reason just telling me to talk to the clowns in Lewisville.

Teacher Beware!....Not a serious organization. Strictly Mickey Mouse and cheap! Teach in a serious school.

Comment – May 22, 2018

Very toxic environment, the school teaches certain values each month; courage, justice, etc. then turns around and does exactly the opposite to the staff. This is the most caustic, vindictive, and unprofessional organization that I’ve ever seen. You will be walking on egg shells from the time you get there. They fired two people in my subject area within seven months, Ridiculous.

great place to start
Teacher-Instructed students (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 27, 2017
good teaching practices, great facility, good pay. Help and work with at risk students who really need great guidance to succeed in life. Job security good
Pros
great schedule
Boring
Contact Center Agent/Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 20, 2017
A typical day is slow and boring.
I was taught nothing. They held me back or I taught myself.
Management lies to cover himself and his own mistakes. He pushes things off to you that have nothing to do with your job description, because he does not know how to do it himself or is too lazy.
The hardest part for me is dealing with some of the team members who know something is due but wait until the last minute to inform everyone else.
We throw a lot of parties. That's the only fun thing about this place.
Overall I had a positive experience
2nd Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 14, 2017
I have worked at 3 or their schools and some management was excellent and some was just not acceptable. The training is great but the commute to the training area is long and the traffic is bad.
Pros
less stressful
Cons
long hours, pay is low
helped me get into the job field that I wanted, that's about it.
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 27, 2017
RES helped me get into my current field by hiring me with no experience which is about the only good thing I can say about them outside of my department. In the time that I've been with the company they have made it harder and harder for the us to get our jobs done. We are constantly completing jobs in spite of the people in charge. Instead of promoting the person who actually runs the department and makes sure everything is done properly, or hiring an experienced individual to be head the department they continue to move or promote individuals who have no clue to what they're doing to be in charge of the department and over pay them as well. In the time I have been here there have been five different people placed in charge of my department and only one was truly qualified to run it. This is not just in the department I work in but a company wide epidemic. They do not care about their employees or putting out a good product as long as they're making money. The company is run by an executive team who has no business running a company and would not be executives any where else. If you are not one of their friends you are not likely to get promoted and if you are and are not very good at the job they hired you for they will just move you around the company after each job you screw up or HR complaint which ever comes first. The pay scale is not even and fair across the board. Benefits are mediocre.
Pros
not thinking of many
Cons
almost everything
Not Much Room for Advancement- A good place to start.
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2016
Over two years I have seen a 50% turnover rate. The salary is far lower than other districts. Not enough resources to deal with special needs students. Management sometimes has meetings to figure out how to discourage students with special needs from attending their school. Special Education micromanaged too much! Co-workers are very friendly and want to work with special education.The most enjoyable part is working with the students. They are amazing!!
Pros
Small class size
Cons
Trust The Special Education Teacher! Follow our Advice!!
Local school was great, corporate wasn't very supportive.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elgin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I loved my students, the teachers and staff on the local level, but felt somewhat belittled by the corporate workers. No change for advancement.
Pros
Local teachers, staff, students, and parents.
Cons
Terrible benefits and pay, expecially for teachers with masters and years of experience.
I had AMAZING students to work with!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elgin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Local management was wonderful and the staff, students and parents were awesome! I hate the fact that corporate has decided to close the school.
Pros
I love the teachers, staff, students, and parents I work with!
Cons
Expensive heathcare benefits.