Responsive Education Solutions

Responsive Education Solutions Employee Reviews

United States72 reviews
Good to work from home-but very busy for not much pay
At the time I worked for RES, they had a partnership with K12 and things were a bit up in the air. It was a lot of work for not much pay. I think they have since raised the pay.
I did like my bosses.

I left because they were starting to make us use our cameras and we had to be on camera basically the entire work day. That wasn't conducive with having children at home.
Productive and an exciting experience
Working there was really fun getting to know everyone and learning how to market the schools. a typical day at work was to log in and start calling parents to see if they still wanted their kids enrolled into our school. what I learned to do is to take good notes as well as how to talk to parents.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
calling parents all day long
Great Leadership
More options for remotely working should be given. Some departments allow it while others do not. I feel that each department should have the same remote opportunities.
Great charter school
Responsive Education Solution is a great charter school where students and teachers are valued and appreciated. I enjoyed working at RES due to the workplace and culture of being in a small school.
Great Poeple
I had a blast working for this company! There, I was able to develop my communication skills with all age groups on a professional level. This company is a Team-based operation and is a very welcoming work environment. The hardest part of this job was having to leave.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great company to work for
This company is very flexible. Good locations. Helpful co workers. Not a good company if you are looking for consistent work. Payroll good and overall front desk help good.
Wouldn't work there again
The culture and behavior of staff and management was atrocious. I was never supported by my administration, rather they would always side with the parents to keep them happy- no matter what the consequences were on my end.
Good job to start learning
the job there is fairly simple they do require you to work with at risk students so if you do not like dealing with that this isn't the job for you. overall okay job
Great local leadership. Great sense of teamwork and purpose.
They provide a challenging curriculum and the support needed to achieve it. Athletic programs are very competitive and great for size of the school. I recommend networking with parents for their POV.
Pros
Leadership, focus and purpose.
Cons
Benefits package could be stronger.
Fun teaching students gain their potential
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students learn the extensive curriculum. The college prep classes are for most students but the students that need special educational services we have the opportunity to help those students succeed. The work culture is fun when we get the opportunity to come together.
Know about company
Enjoyed working here. Benefits are not that good. I could afford to work there and pay for my benefits. Management is great. People are great. Lots of room for growth.
Focused on serving the students
Most days at work were very enjoyable. There was always a sense of purpose and the ability to leave knowing you had accomplished something. The lower level management was very supportive and did all they could to keep their employees productive. Unfortunately the upper level management decided they could replace their development group with off the shelf software. This effort eventually failed even though the software development group warned them of the problems it would cause.
do not recommend for long term employment
company growth was good but upper management has not grown and keeps the garage company mentality. Does not recognize individual accomplishments and promotes and hires friends and family only. pay is also based on this. I do not recommend for long term but if you need a couple of years till you retire or for a starter to get your feet wet. its okay.
Hard to get ahead unless your related to someone
ResponsiveEd can be one of the greatest places to work as long as you have a close connection with upper management. If you're hired in off the street, good luck moving up the corporate ladder. The company only pays teachers 90% of what the local ISD's make and this is reflected amongst the rest of the company as well.

Even if you do your job well, don't expect to feel appreciated or rewarded for your actions. (Which let's be honest, this is the reason we continue to work for most companies)
Pros
Free lunches on occasion
Cons
You won't get anywhere unless you're related to someone.
Find another place of employment.
Don't do it. RES (corporate) is completely unprofessional and does not care about their employees at all. They tend to forget that their employees are actual human beings with lives of their own. They don't care about the work environments of their employees either. A coworker of mine worked in an unairconditioned "closet" for 4 years. When the lack of ventilation was mentioned to a corporate employee, they simply responded for the campus to purchase a fan and the issue would be "looked into". This was not the case and the ventilation was never fixed. The employees worked in an environment of between 80-85 degrees. Also - the pay does not match the work load required for any position.
An interesting experience was had but this situation was not for me.
I was used to working for typical independent school didtricts when the opportunity with Responsive Ed arose. I was intrigued at first but as the job developed it was clear that here were serious deficits in the companies approach to teaching and learning.
Definitely not a career
Part time work for less than half the pay due to your check being prorated. My hours were drastically cut with no offer of another position to utilize my skillset or education. No real explanation as to why hours were cut. Management was unorganized, uncaring and liked to defer decisions to Texas. No opportunity for advancement. Bottom line look elsewhere.
Pros
Interacting with students
Cons
Horrible pay and management
Illegalities on behalf of management
Illegalities occurred everyday on behalf of management. The company got rid of the campus director but things continued the same with the assistant campus director.
Not A Very Organized Place
Working as a First Grade Teacher with this Responsive Education was very stressful and unorganized. It had the potential to truly be an excellent school in academics; however, the management team was not as efficient as it should have been and the majority of the teachers were friends and family members of the management team. This made it difficult to enforce structure and order in the work place.
Wonderful first year at res/co-workers kind and collaborative
As I read reviews on this site about Responsive Ed, it strikes me that each person is reviewing based on his/her own campus, etc. Each campus has its own leadership and the company as a whole cannot be judged so singularly. There are always horrible principals, and vague goals out there. My experience at my campus was fantastic. I worked under a creative, organized, goal-oriented principal who loves the children. She nurtures her staff and teaches them to do the same for one another. Yes, it is stressful as all get-out at times; I challenge you to find a school that is not. This is the nature of what we do. There were always clear goals and means to the goal. I was never without what I needed. I was learning a new area I'd never taught in before. The guidance I was given was great. There was a lot of training that I did not have to pay for, lots of time to ask questions and get answers, lots of resources to help me be better and better. The corporate office communicated with us regularly directly and through our principal. Questions and innovations were encouraged. These are charter schools, so of course the pay is lower than in the ISDs! They are not funded in the same way! My principal was meticulous with her budget. We are well staffed and have everything we need! Parents are encouraged to be involved, but they do not "run the place." THe principal was also very tuned into our "mental health." She was very pro-active about employee morale. I can only hope they do not take her from us and make her a regional director! (But the truth is, other principals - more...
Pros
kind and collaborative co-workers, i felt listened to, open door policy on all levels of admin, many resources for ensuring success, you will make a difference here
Cons
working with children can be stressful and demanding, students are usually those who didn't find success in the ISDs, sometimes overwhelming pace
Great to work with At-Risk students and watch them develop.
Working with At-Risk students and their families was very fulfilling. Some of the staff truly cared and it was wonderful to see kids graduate. Helping students and families advance!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Responsive Education Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight