Restaurant Associates Employee Reviews

Best Job I've had in the industry
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYApril 19, 2018
I don't even know where to begin. Professional is an understatement the team and team environment provided to us here at RA is beyond amazing. Management teams are willing to work with you and hear your thoughts and comments. 100% would recommend to work for this company top anyone.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Productive fast work place
Runner at Coach Corporation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
Very Great Company. A lot of units to choose from to work all around the city. Great benefits and great people to work around. Very fast pace job so time goes by very quick. All you have to do is find a great unit you're comfortable with as well as management. Just so you can be comfortable to politic for your future ahead with the company. If you are willing to stay for a long time. On Another note dont beat up anybody in the locker room if you have any items stolen. Report it to your manager and keep a lock on your locker.
Pros
Meal Plan, Benefits, Great people, etc
Cons
Over Work, Less pay
very organized , flexible to work
Senior Chef Production Date (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 18, 2018
very good place to work great staff, organized
flexible in work schedule

greta campus very well rum with great approach to staff
training and follow up thru
If you don't want to have a life, work for Compass Group
Management role (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2018
If you're interested in long hours at low pay, this is the job for you. They present the job one way but once you're in it, things quickly change. That's when the hours get longer, the work gets piled on, there's no direction, all kinds of things that make you want to work elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch...that's all I have.
Cons
Long hours, low pay (bc you're working so may hours)
learn
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2018
I had learn a lot in this position, to interact with a lot of people from different cultures. Also learned a lot about costumer service. I had people that walk me thru every step on food service. Dealing with tough people in the job environment and learned how to deal with this type of issues the right way.
horrible management
food prep (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYFebruary 22, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work there. Managers do not listen to or respect their workers. A lot of tedious work for little pay and the only good thing was the free food.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, little pay for a lot of work, no respect, no advancement and barely any raises.
restaurant staffing
Zaxbys (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2018
working at a restaurant was a great job. it taught me great communication skills and fast pace. I did not like coming into the job only cooking. I wanted to do more in the business such as unload trucks.
You meet some interesting people
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2018
Normally the job is rather laid back however there are times where you are pulled in many directions to satisfy customers. Good opportunities to network.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Too much nitpicking
Fun and interesting place to work
Butler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Restaurant associates is a super upscale environment to work for but allows you to broaden your horizons when it comes to food options and places you will be assigned to. I loved the fact that everyday you get to experience a new environment. Employees were super friendly and a pleasure to work wit
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Off season there is barely any hours to work
Exciting place to work with great scenery
Butler/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2018
The company hosts parties at the Georgia Aquarium and the Center for Civil and Human Rights in downtown Atlanta. Usually upon arrival, I would get the bar set up ready or i'm helping get the banquet services together. I have obtained the knowledge of mixing and pouring cocktails in the three years that i've been employed. The workplace is easy going and stress free, its the teams job to accommodate the client and their guest to the highest standard.
so so fair job.
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Enjoyable time would be meeting new customers getting to know them, and understanding there orders and there needs. Management is very poor. ( Extremely Poor.) The hardest part, your basically on your own. Anything you need at the moment weather your fully staffed and extremely busy and have customers yelling at you calling you a B****. It sucks but you just keep it moving and work hard. What I learned no matter how they treat you keep your head up! Don't let it affect you.
I cant really say my position but overall the job isn't easy especially the customers. Nor management, and there favoritism.
Pros
free drinks, 50% discount
Cons
short breaks, no health care, poor discounts.
fun and easy
Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
the branch of restaurant associates that i was employed by was an awesome entry level position.
being my second job it prepared me for the future. located in the Solomon H. Guggenheim museum, the cleanliness was top notch and the staff was inviting.
the managers were fair and honest. diversity was top notch.
and i found the job had a easy learning curve.
and i got a raise and a promotion with in weeks.
my experience there was good and i made life long friends.
overall i would work for restaurant associates again.
Pros
good life lessons
Cons
short breaks
Hectic in the kitchen
Intern (Prep Cook) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
When you work on 10 different duties non stop.
Different varies on food
Management can be okay
All diversity work together as a team
Picking up the pace.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Time management
Great family restaurant
Do Drop Inn (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 18, 2018
/Tables are received right away. Work starts right away. Fast paste. Always a greeting when we start our day. Which is great! /I've learned to be loud and with a positive attitude towards the customers. /Restaurant very family orientated. /Hardest part about this job is trying to cope with a upset customer. /The most enjoyable part about working at a restaurant is meeting and making friends.
Pros
Free food off the buffet
Cons
no brakes and short staff
Stressful
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 17, 2018
The commute to work is long boring. The google customers are not very courteous of there fellows guests and treat us like.The dishes are stacked the wrong way and misplaced, as a result breaking of dishes.
awesome place to work
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 10, 2018
This is a good place to work. The people you need are awesome and social. You learn different ways of doing things to make it a little less stressful.
growth and many benefits
Cashier, Barista (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 4, 2018
working with restaurant associates i learned how to work more as a team member between different sections of a business, many chances to help out with catering events and receive extra payed hours
Cool place to work as far as location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2018
I Like working here only because its the world bank. Other than that i have honestly nothing positive to say! They will Promote you with out NEW PAY!!!
Pros
Weekends/ Holidays OFF
Cons
Low Pay, Poor Management, Favoritism ECT
Productive and fun workplace
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 21, 2017
Not paying enough. Its just something to get me by and make sure my daughter good. But I really prefer an factory job that's paying every week atleast 10 or more and hour.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Not getting paid enough
Can be a good company
Catering Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
very very client driven with little help for managers. hourly staff very opinionated and combative at times. repeat for management at times lacks. higher up don't care unless the client complains.
Pros
m-f
Cons
salary is weak, hours are long, managers do not care about associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight