Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great first job experience
Receiving (Former Employee) –  5333 w jefferson Blvd Los Angeles ca 90017August 13, 2018
It’s great place to learn for people coming out of school.Theirs is many positions available and many different pay rates .Many different products that come in handy that can be utilized in other small or big businesses.Its a great place to learn forklift,sit downs also the use of a pallet jack and the definition of rotating products.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management leads to toxic workplace.
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAAugust 12, 2018
This company is very toxic, very poor upper management and an even worse logistics group. Working for this company is stress everyday from the time you clock in until they "inform" you that you must stay additional hours. until you finally punch out. Be prepared for anything and everything that goes wrong, whether or not it involves you or your department to become your fault.

senior/upper management will never set foot out of there office to come out and help with any situation,nor will they step in to help with problems coming out of corporate/logistics ie: House trucks not shipping or requesting someone be available to unload after the store is close. be prepared for forced overtime unless you are one of the 3 senior managers. I personally only saw 2 days off a month, working 10-12 hour days meanwhile if they are asked to stay its a solid no and responsibility gets passed down.
Cons
short breaks, poor management, mediocre healthcare. forced OT
Iron fist ruled by national corp
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 10, 2018
This is the kind of place you work at if you don't like being creative or sharpen your skills. it is a cookie cutter place, where you can just do mind numbing work. just follow the steps that they give you and you'll be fine. if that's your thing.
has union
MANAGER/CASHIER/INVENTORY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY 14225August 8, 2018
company has union for any non-management job. ran front end worked along side cashiers as well as making a schedule to staff accordingly. hardest part was we did not have enough staff to cover all shifts. Old management was good. I enjoyed working with the customers.
Pros
meeting lots of people
Cons
short staffed alot
Lack of proper EVERYTHING
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 4, 2018
working at restaurant depot has its ups and downs, but for the most part, its stressful working there. I've even heard customers complain about rude staff. Management mostly never recognizes their good employees, but rather discourages them by always pointing out their weak points. Store Bonuses are stolen by its own management from the employees as well. Working there is definitely indescribable.
good leadership and caring workers
Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2018
They dont judge your background all that matters is showing to work on time and no call ins. Im a felone and they opened their arms and doors to a great future with the Union.
Pros
good hours
Cons
none to me
good job
Deli Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2018
some people are good friends then thers bs people who dont care about your life and your problems . But if you get hired you must remain to yourself keep your eyes open and dont really talk to know one
Pros
there some good people
Cons
they take you for granted
stocker
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 24, 2018
good people all around and good pay every six months managers can be on you constantly but a very hard working envirement the cutomers are very nice but also can be rude somtimes
Fun and busy.
Big Apple Inn (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 21, 2018
Beautiful enviroment because it is a historic place. Typical day would consist of alot of older people that would come in and tell us about when the place first open. How so many people used to travel just to eat there. The management was kind of bad but it could have been worse. Hardest part was being in an enviroment where the manager wasn't fully a manager. The most enjoyable part was connecting with all my customers and communicating with them on life lessons.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
(3) 15 min breaks
they call thisplace felon depot
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJuly 21, 2018
worst place I have ever worked. management is beyond rude and treat their employees like garbage. people would smoke drugs in the parking lot on breaks this company and management was a nightmare
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
Tough, Fast paced, Good company
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 19, 2018
This is a great place to work, but very face paced and a lot of yelling at all times if you can get past that it is a wonderful place with a decent amount of room to move up.
I like working here
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 19, 2018
I like working at Restaurant Depot. The hours are great. The other Co workers are good people. The manager treats us with respect. I stay busy all day with is a plus in my book. I hate going to work and have nothing to do.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks on time, lenient on requesting time off
Cons
I wish they paid more, unqualified personnel
Productive an fun place to work.
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
I would have love to advance in restaurant depot.. it’s all about management. Knowing the right member to fit the job discription, doing the job correctly. And recognizing the employee.
Pros
It’s a good job. The customers are very nice An Coworkers.
Cons
Management.
Fun, Productive
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJuly 15, 2018
Enjoy yourself, respect your boss and other superiors, be nice to other employees, learn quickly and ask questions when you are I need of help, it is okay not to know how to do stuff so ask for help
Good people to work with, very dedicated worker, willing to learn
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJuly 15, 2018
Typical day included unloaded pallets and stocked shelves. I learned how to drive the forklift and became certified. Management was good. Getting my work done in a timely manner
Pros
Union
Cons
pay
it was stressful
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 14, 2018
The manager would give us a list of things that needed to be done but we also needed to take care of the customers so clean/restock/Customers just really stressful
Good Company
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2018
Typical day of work is fast paced , especially in the morning.
I learned how to organize my self better with the use of lists.
Management was great they were supportive and give you every chance to succeed.
The culture is one of having pride in your work and the company you represent , not a hard thing to do you believe it when your there.
Hardest part is sometimes you just cant get the customer what they need at that day. either because its out of stock or discontinued.
the most enjoyable part was meeting alot of restaurant people and seeing how hard they work. also the job has a consistency to it i enjoyed
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
sometimes you cant help the customers with everything
Meet knew people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYJuly 13, 2018
Great place to work a good first job to start out in life .You can learn how the union works.You can get to see all of your benefits dental and trips to the hospital.
Pros
Longer breaks
Cons
Sometimes free lunch
Great company horrible management!!
worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2018
Store Manager of the store is horrible! She always to busy to help her own team. Some of the Workers are awful and rude. Some of the cashiers ring things wrong all the time and have the most awful attitudes and smells sometimes! The Lady receptionist is the best in the world very friendly and helpful! Other than that its a great store and company to work for!
Pros
Basic good pay
Cons
Don't expect much raises or respect here.
Was a great place to work in my early years of working there
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2018
When I first started working at Resturant Depot nine years ago, I thought it was a fun and relaxing environment where everyone was treated like family.