Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

break room is not clean and workers are friendly
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 16, 2018
Was there for a little over a year and didn't enjoy day to day since i had to do at least four different jobs and it wasn't in the job description. Management couldve been better.
Good vitamin to work with everybody was good to work with
Produce Stocker (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 6, 2018
Good people work there and there was a good place to work at. Everybody was really nice they help me get the skills I needed. Good work environment and good Staffing
Pros
Free sodas and free lunch
Cons
Lot of breaks
ready for something new
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2018
looking for somethng better but Restaurant Depot offers one-stop shopping for food, equipment, and supplies at convenient locations across the country.
Needs to pay better
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAApril 4, 2018
People a work more efficiently if wages were fair it was good experiences and fun at time but need something closer for the below stress of travel and manager task
Restaurant Depot
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 30, 2018
Overall Restaurant Depot is a fine place to work, with plenty of opportunity to grow and strengthen your management career. A good benefits package and excellent compensation and a decent work/life balance.
Ok job
Full time Hi-Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMarch 30, 2018
When i worked here the store manager was so unprofessional, he cursed, he was somewhat lazy and didn't know how to control his emotions. They pretty much hire anyone but working there is stressful and repetitive.
Pros
Raises come fast if you hard
Cons
Poor management, Stressful, Not dependable
Good job but no job security.
Stock Clerk/Floor Personnel (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMarch 29, 2018
A typical day is to punch in, pack out in aisles, help customers, keep your aisles clean. You learn to work with a team. Management team consists of Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, then Department Managers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with heavy loads of merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your working with a team.
Pros
Great working environment, an anuity retirement plan
Cons
Short lunch breaks, no full health coverage
Productive and stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2018
The dynamic is good once you get to know everyone and everything around you it’s fast paced as it can get super busy but it’s a good place to work in it can be stressful but it can also be fun .
Productive fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2018
The job was worth going to, but the management was very poor. They picked and choose who they liked and fired a lot of their best workers. Restaurant depot is a company you can grow in and be in management within a month of working there so that was a plus. Great benefits was a plus overall the job itself was awesome but the wrong people running it.
Receptionist
Supervisor & receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJMarch 22, 2018
Restaurant Depot is a really hard work overall, no matter what department you got hired for. They do have good benefits as health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, time paid off, 401k.
Pros
Health insurance, overtime, time paid off, sick days.
Cons
Poor salary for way too much work and responsabilities.
decent place to work with some poor management
Fork Lift Operator/Stocker/Inventory/Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2018
plenty of things to be done, you should never have idle hands. some managers needed more interpersonal skills. average opportunity for advancement with pay raises every six months for union positions
Cool out going work place.
Grocery Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 21, 2018
I really loved going to work at this job. Meeting new people was the best experience and working with people that accomplish the imposible. Overall the company is great.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Mean customers
Was a job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2018
The benefits were good for my whole family. I liked my hours. Management is not good very rude needs to be cleaned up. I wouldn't have anyone I know work there.
benefits
Cons
management
Needs better management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 18, 2018
this place is a physical job if your looking for an easy day this is not the place to apply to. Managers will not look out for the newer employees if your make it past your first year then you'll be taken care of.
Work enviorment was very pleasant
front end cashier, Woodinville (Former Employee) –  woodenville WAMarch 11, 2018
A typical work day was different then what I was believed it would be. I never imagined I would be working in the re4frigerator and working freight. The work was something I did not sign up for, but the environment was professional and the people where very caring.
Pros
Scheduled breaks
Cons
Different work than I agreed to
It was a experience.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 9, 2018
It was a nice job. I enjoyed you being around certain individuals on the job. It's wad a very competitive work environment .You're always busy. Ilike the fact that I had to do paperwork regularly. I stayed busy throughout the day, I enjoyed coming to know about different products and being able to help customers .
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Cold work enviroment
The place had a good possibility of advancement for workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 8, 2018
Besides the manager the people who worked at the location with me were very serious and professional. The employees were mostly all there for a long period of time. So it showed that the employees were happy and well trained.
productive
CRC/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Capital Heights, MDMarch 7, 2018
Prepared, compiled and sorted documents
Verified data and corrected data when necessary.
Updated data and deleted unnecessary files
Combined and rearranged data where required
Fun and relaxed paced work environment but always busy
Seafood Stocker (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJMarch 6, 2018
Fun and relaxed place to work, you are allowed piercing and tattoos and I love that customers always come first, there are great benefits available for you after 90 days working at RD. I absolutely love my managers.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, good benefits
Cons
Low pay for refrigerated area work, not enough staff members on Sundays in seafood.
Hard work for low pay
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 5, 2018
Working with Restaurant Depot has helped me achieve new skills and resources. It has taught me that there are multiple ways to get the job done right and it has taught me new ways to lead.
Pros
Co-workers, Customers
Cons
Hours are not flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Depot. Our community is ready to answer.