Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

Good Company
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2018
Typical day of work is fast paced , especially in the morning.
I learned how to organize my self better with the use of lists.
Management was great they were supportive and give you every chance to succeed.
The culture is one of having pride in your work and the company you represent , not a hard thing to do you believe it when your there.
Hardest part is sometimes you just cant get the customer what they need at that day. either because its out of stock or discontinued.
the most enjoyable part was meeting alot of restaurant people and seeing how hard they work. also the job has a consistency to it i enjoyed
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
sometimes you cant help the customers with everything
Would Not Recommend
Seafood Department (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2018
Typical day: I go in to work at 10:00 AM. All the guys are perverts except the stocktaker. The eployees are rude if they don't like you, they are disrespectful tot heir custoemrs. The employees on the hilo (except the stocktaker) delay on helping peple get their materials. I learned that everyone is rude, management needs improvement, employees need to be educated (like literally get a GED or something). The culture is very toxic, everyone disrespects one anoter, work environment is not 5-star quality. The hardest part of this job would be not being taken seriously and constantly being looked down on. The most enjoyable part was working with dead fish and taking care of the lobsters. Also, learning things by myself and learning from one of the CEO's that would come visit. The CEO's are smart, and friendly, they just need better employees or Restaurant Depot is going to plemish to the ground.
Pros
Free seafood after they are expired.
Need new management
Dry Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 7, 2018
Managers expect too much from everyone without wanting to pay decent wages, department managers have the highest expectations with not much more compensation. Upper management is incredibly inconsiderate, disrespectful, unappreciative, and unreasonable. The job itself isn’t hard and most of the employees are pretty cool people but this is definitely not a place you want to work at for very long if you want to feel appreciated.
Pros
Overtime opportunities if managers like you
Cons
Upper management is very disrespectful and demanding
Mission Impossible
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2018
Brutal culture, very demanding with unrealistic expectations and stingy budgets. Mainly bad days working for them always overreacting to the "flavor of the month" policy or procedure.
Pros
Fast advancement, decent benefits
Cons
Work life balance sucks, corporate culture sucks
Meh.
Equipment and Sales Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 9, 2018
They have a huge culture problem and take everything they can while giving as little back as humanly possible. It was not unusual to be sexually, racially, sexuality harassed on a day-to-day basis. When reported nothing was ever done to address the problem. Upper management feels it appropriate to berate and belittle people for the kicks. It's a pretty miserable place to work and turnover is about 200% per year. There is a "flexible" schedule but your needs go out the window when they need. Also have no compunction about dropping your hours whenever the store underperforms.
Pros
Peers are pretty cool.
Cons
Management, Environment, Pay
Paid Prison
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Huntington BeachNovember 7, 2018
Pay you minimum wage to do a ton of work. Costco-level job just without the wage. Horrible working conditions. More like a sweatshop than a job. First raise went from minimum wage to 50 cents more than minimum wage and you have to work there 6+ months to get that. Would definitely not recommend
Pros
Friendly Staff (at my location)
Cons
Horrible wage
Stocking shelves in the freezer fun place to work great employees good customer service
Freezer Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 27, 2018
Working at restaurant depot is a very great choice they have benifits good work ethic good attendance great work history time management on time was there 10 15 mins early
Pros
Free lunch great benifits
Cons
Long breaks 401k plan health care dental care
review
CERTIFIED RECEIVING TECH/ INVENTORY manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2018
Management was excellent , overall company policies and procedures were terrible. I enjoyed my job at restaurant depot even when it was stressful, I would have continued working there however I felt as if I was stuck with no advancement
Pros
management
Cons
overall company policie
Horrible Management-Payroll Department
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 6, 2018
If you don't mind working with a Supervisor who has no patience, falls asleep while on the job, and is constantly frustrated then this is the place for you. This is the worst place I ever worked in my entire career. If I was able to rate with negative numbers I would give it a -888,000..PERIOD!! The Payroll Department has the highest turn over due to the lack of leadership and its inability to properly train.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management THE WORST!
In general it didn´t have the best facilities for employees and information from Management was never very clear.
Wine & Spirit Program Manager (Torrance, LA) (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 20, 2018
A typical day at work would be to check my inventory, be in contact with the buyers and customers.
I learned to be even more proactive as I was before and "inventing" new things to be able to increase sales since there was no training at all,
Management would ask you to do your job but would never give outlines in how to improve it in the best way.
Working at a warehouse is not so comfortable, but I always managed to make my working space a positive and attractive room.
The hardest part of my job was to carry many cases of wine all the time with no help and not have procedures clear many times from management because not even they knew how to do it. But the most enjoyable part was to handle procedures in the best why I thought possible and was successful. Along with a wonderful relationship with customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Great company horrible management!!
worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2018
Store Manager of the store is horrible! She always to busy to help her own team. Some of the Workers are awful and rude. Some of the cashiers ring things wrong all the time and have the most awful attitudes and smells sometimes! The Lady receptionist is the best in the world very friendly and helpful! Other than that its a great store and company to work for!
Pros
Basic good pay
Cons
Don't expect much raises or respect here.
Great first job experience
Receiving (Former Employee) –  5333 w jefferson Blvd Los Angeles ca 90017August 13, 2018
It’s great place to learn for people coming out of school.Theirs is many positions available and many different pay rates .Many different products that come in handy that can be utilized in other small or big businesses.Its a great place to learn forklift,sit downs also the use of a pallet jack and the definition of rotating products.
Benefits
The pay was unfair.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 6, 2018
When I worked here I did so much work for such little pay. I started at $8 and got a dollar raise for each promotion yet after two years of working there, they started to hire people at what I worked two years to get to. I asked to give me a raise and they refused.
Pros
Was a job
Cons
Unfair pay
They dont paid good or care about anybody who work for them
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLDecember 12, 2018
I see managers give favor to the people who Don't work there and the get paid more money for being lazy. When the other employees work hard then they do. The have employees talk stuff about other employees to make them look good in front of managers. Don't work here that all it not a good place to work. People quite every week and then you have to work two department and not get paid for it.
Meh.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2018
If you enjoy loads of stress from someone you've never met then RD is where you need to be. This company goes above and BEYOND to make you feel unappreciated and to make sure you know your work is never, ever good enough no matter how many hours you work.
Pros
Quick advancement
Cons
MICROMANAGEMENT. Nothing ever good enough.
Poor management leads to toxic workplace.
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAAugust 12, 2018
This company is very toxic, very poor upper management and an even worse logistics group. Working for this company is stress everyday from the time you clock in until they "inform" you that you must stay additional hours. until you finally punch out. Be prepared for anything and everything that goes wrong, whether or not it involves you or your department to become your fault.

senior/upper management will never set foot out of there office to come out and help with any situation,nor will they step in to help with problems coming out of corporate/logistics ie: House trucks not shipping or requesting someone be available to unload after the store is close. be prepared for forced overtime unless you are one of the 3 senior managers. I personally only saw 2 days off a month, working 10-12 hour days meanwhile if they are asked to stay its a solid no and responsibility gets passed down.
Cons
short breaks, poor management, mediocre healthcare. forced OT
Productive and fun job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2018
Wonderful job. Great opportunity for advancement. Very demanding, good learning, and fast paced. Would return but moved to another state. Great culture.
Not a long term job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 9, 2018
This particular location is a disaster. The store stinks, the bathrooms are always filthy, when it’s summer time it’s hot and when it is winter it’s cold inside the building. There are rats, there is rotten food being sold on a regular. There is so much theft that goes on from upper management to the customers. There is no work/life balance. The store is ran by idiots. The union never works in your favor. You will be overworked, under paid and treated with little to no respect. This store needs to be shut down temporarily and reopened with a brand new staff from HR on down. To say this is such a “small company” there should be more engagement from corporate. Needless to say the turnover rate for this store is ridiculous. So once you get to the actual job the registers are trash, the credit card machines are almost always down and the backup system is very slow. The system that is used isn’t very efficient it’s so easy to mistakinly overcharge someone or under charge. This department in particular is the busiest one and lines tend to get backed up. Senior management would prefer to watch the chaos as opposed to helping to get the customers out in a timely manner. The disconnect is between union and upper management simply because upper management is lazy and tries to blame everything on the union workers. They have people who do the work for 2 or more positions and they want to pay you $9.00 GTFOH!
Pros
No pros
Cons
The job from the customers to the managers
not my favorite job
receiving clerk (Current Employee) –  Avon, MAOctober 2, 2018
Lack of pay. Lack of management support. Lack of room to grow. Long hours, yet managers pressing the clock. Micromanages. Lack of concern for individuals.
It was a good job
Front end supervisor / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2018
The only reason I stayed at the job as long as I did was because of the branch manager. This person strived to make the workplace as good as it could be made and they did their best to help the employee strive to the best of their ability. Upper management meaning people who did not work at the location in my opinion have a God complex and think and treat employees below them like worker ants.
Pros
Good work hours there is a union that work for the employees not management
Cons
Pay raises only given when manament want to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about