Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

Quite an experience.
Dock Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2019
I started off working working the aisles stocking and rotating products as well as assisting customers with whatever they needed. I later moved to the meat department where i learned a lot about all of the different cuts and where they came from as well as how to operate a stand up fork lift. I spent about a year there and was transferred to my last position which was working on the dock. This was probably my favorite position and my duties were to unload trucks, sort and segregate the product, and deliver them to the aisles via ride on pallet jacks.
productive/ nice break room for your lunch breaks
Produce Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJune 18, 2019
the job there was nice very productive and had a good time while doing it. had to unload trucks stock shelfs and break down palets. face all products and print and label all products with name and date they came in. at the end of the day would clean the whole produce section cause that was my area that consisted of cleaning isles and taking out garbage make sure the shelfs were arranged for next day.
merchandising (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 18, 2019
Had a very good work experience at Restaurant Depot.Very fast with advancement and upper management very quick to place employees in good positions once hired.
Hectic workplace but as long as you keep coming to work theey wont get rid of you
Freezer Worker (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 16, 2019
Workplace is hectic. The alexandria store does the most business in the district so the pace is rushed always. Customers are rude because they all are business owners and expect you to jump when they say so.
Culture of unhappiness
manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2019
No one there likes their job, but they pay decently so everyone tries to stay. They do hire people just to fire them sometimes so you want to have a backup plan.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Unpleasant work environment, poor culture, lack of training
Good management and good benefits
Labeler/Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 13, 2019
Management was great as far as understanding family-related issues. Manager trained his employees very well. The manager was knowledgeable in teaching the right skills for the job
Pros
good management, good benefits
Cons
low pay, no room for advancement
hard work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2019
I worked there for a few months. i work like 12 hours a day barely was able to take a break and when i need to take time off they would not let me. no communication from manager. they are very rude and don't have respect for employee. Very hard work and not worth the pay.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
management
I love the fact i could have my space and work there as a team player. I wish the could have paid more but they didnt
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2019
Love the company but they was not paying me good i was doing so much for the company and they didn't appreciate. The work i was doing there. I loved my job i wish i can work for you guys
Management not good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJune 9, 2019
Restraunt depot not a good company to work for.Management not helpful there is no room to move up. And they are always looking for reasons to lay off people
poor
Restocker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2019
allways busy no week no holidays and ofher problems racism and other situation manager poor and allways never to lesing hr forklift problem and other and other
Pros
no discount allways busy
Cons
alll
Enjoying working with this company
Stocker/Freezer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2019
Great place to work at meeting new customers every other day learning about the stor and freezer was amazing I first started off stocking and right after i got to learn more on the floor of stocking i was place in the freezer department
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Poor Managment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJune 3, 2019
I've never worked in such an unprofessional place in my life. All machinery are outdated and constantly breaks down. Management treats staff poorly all they care about is themselves and their bonus, even if it means firing staff to do so. They treat customers just as poorly as the staff. Beware of privately owned companies because they run on their own set of rules.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
management, old equipment
Stay to yourself
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJune 3, 2019
Just go there to work only. It’s all drama. Management don’t care about your personal life. You have to be dying to call out. Coworkers was like family.
Cons
Short breaks
Great greeting ,Good workers,Good vibes
Five Guys (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 3, 2019
When working there u have plenty of time to get your job down pack..it get tiring and helpful because u have coworkers helping u out and leading u to better ...Thats why i like working there it be times wen u do come in feeling bad or down u still have coworkers helping and putting a smile on your face
demanding
Branch Manager/Recieving Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJune 3, 2019
very stressful but challenging and fun once you get past the micro-managing from corporate. I enjoyed all the different challenges and also helping all the local businesses succeed
Busy Workplace
Administrative Assistant/HR (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMay 31, 2019
Good benefits, good hours, good pay. Management made it hard to have a good day. The hardest part was working with people who really were not knowledgeable of their job.
Family oriented job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2019
They make you feel like family, helps out and find ways to help you stay working and handling stuff in life. The do not criticise at all. They try to be supportive in every way possible.
I really enjoyed speaking with the customers and working with the other employees.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 23, 2019
I probably would have stayed with Restaurant Depot, however, I had asked off work in order to travel to St. Louis to be the best man in my friend’s wedding Thanksgiving weekend. However, even though I had asked off 30 days prior to wedding, I did not receive the time off, so I had no choice but to attend my friend’s wedding. And, unfortunately, I was only able to give a week’s notice (when the new work schedule was posted), that if I could not get the time off, I would need to resign.
Pros
Excellent work environment!
Cons
Not able to get off work to be in St. Louis wedding.
It was alright I guess but very poor management
Stocker warehouse (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 23, 2019
Wasn’t run correctly and some other received better benefits than others. Definitely favorites going around. Only thing good was my co worker and floor manager. They helped me a lot I pretty much owe them my job for how they taught me. Everyone else including the Manager seemed like they didn’t care.
It was a horrible place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMay 23, 2019
Manager was all bad & was so rude to the customers , it got to a point the employees would do it to . And there would be no actions took . Dan wouldn’t anything
Pros
Cons
You had to do what she said or you would be fired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Depot. Our community is ready to answer.