Reston Hospital Center - Reston Employee Reviews

Reston Hospital Always strive for excellence care.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 3, 2019
Reston Hospital Always Strive for Excellence.
Customer service and patient’s satisfaction are the core value of each workers.
Friendly staff and Respectful.
Pros
Bonuses
a typical day at work
Private Branch Exchange Phone Operator (PBX) (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 30, 2018
handled multiple busy phone lines, overhead paging, codes, providing bi-weekly paychecks to employees. logging maintenance work orders, monthly schedule
Great
Nurse Technician II (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 2, 2018
Best company to work for, cash bonuses and you can work as much OT as you want. They will float you even if you are not comfortable so keep a good head on your shoulders.
Poor management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 28, 2018
Very stressful work environment. Management would be very disrespectful and never appreciate any work that was completed. This department is very micromanaged to the extreme, that they would call you around the clock even if I wasn't at work.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Patient access management. No work/life balance always worked the holidays even if requested off.
Employees were very nice
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 22, 2018
employees were very nice but tended to be very "clicky" with each other and if you were not in their group then it made for a very long shift and more stressful
High turnover
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 4, 2018
Coworkers are friendly for the most part. Pay is comparable to other hospitals in the area. Management is all about the bottom line. As someone who’s job is to provide patient care, it left a bad taste in my mouth to constantly hear about the budget. High turnover rate. We frequently worked short staffed due to a combination of budget and staffing shortage.
Registered Nurse, Level II Medical/ Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 22, 2018
Management had the employees back and would fight tooth and nail for them if needed. Co-workers worked as a team and never let anyone fail. The hardest part of the job was the location of rooms. Everyone worked together to make sure things got done.
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 13, 2018
Love coworkers as they are like family! Good benefits. Management is not supportive of staff; management is more concerned with controlling budget and profits than addressing employee's and patient's safety and concerns.
Benefits
Fast paced
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 10, 2018
Fast paced environment to work in. The manager is flexible with vacation days. They are willing to work with your schedule if you are willing to put your part in.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Travel Nurse
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 27, 2018
Only got one day of orientation before working solo. Insufficient time to learn how much of anything works in this particular OR. Other travelers reported as much as three weeks of orientation.
Hospital where you can really feel like you are helping
Technical Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 25, 2018
At Reston Hospital as a technical Analyst you feel you are making a difference in patient care. If you are willing to go the extra mile you can even find places to move up. The best thing about this position is the benefits. 401K, tuition reimbursement, and affordable healthcare make this a great work environment.
Pros
30 minute lunch break, great benefits, good culture
Cons
high workload, hospital environment
n/a
Labor and delivery (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 22, 2018
Shift work did not fit my personal life once I became a mother. Pay was not competitive.
One of the Charge nurses made work difficult for all.
Great team of nurses and doctors.
Pros
great nurses
Cons
salary and hours
Not a perfect fit.
Trauma Registrar/Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 19, 2018
Salary was good, but job and I were not a perfect fit. Needed more education and training, was promised I would get it, but never did. Was given the education a month before I resigned when promised in March I would get it to do job.
Pros
Hours
Great hospital
ED Registrar (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 17, 2018
Somtimes there were moments of uncertainties, however i enjoied my job as i didnt get involved in the politics, i enjoy high energy nurses who were pleasent for my position requored me to interact with higher medical staff in order to treat all patients from Er ,trauma ,labor deliever etc.
Pros
Adjustments
Cons
Overall patient interactions
Used to be okay
RN (Former Employee) –  EmergencyJune 26, 2018
A lot has changed in the administration of the hospital. Focus in the past year has been about the company's bottom line rather than the safety of staff and patients.
productive and great place to work
Medical and Oncology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 13, 2018
I worked at Reston hospital as a Nursing aide and Registered nurse. it was a great place to work because the nurses worked as a team and empowered new nurses and each other.
Amazing Nursing Staff and Coworkers
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 10, 2018
This job is hard work; but the benefit is that you work with the most loyal and amazing nurses in this Magnet Facility. The surgical unit is the best of the best and you won't be disappointed. You will work hard, but your training will carry you far and it is a great foundation for new nurses as well. Many of the experiences nurses are med surg certified and offer as great mentors.
Pros
Great Staff to work with
Very busy 200+ beds always learningnew things
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 31, 2018
The job itself was great. I had a great staff very enjoyable and proud to be part of team. I commuted so spent 4 hrs. a day in traffic due to being outside of Washington D.C
Cons
Traffic if you lived 10 minutes or further from facility
Great clinical care
Public Relations and Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 21, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time at Reston Hospital Center. As part of HCA, we operated with advanced technology that may not have been available to a hospital of our size otherwise. The clinical care is second to none. The only downside was a lack of ability to be promoted within my field, which was non-clinical. The only way to move up was to move out to stay in my community. However, HCA does offer ample opportunity to move across communities and organizations, given their many facilities across the U.S.
Lots of turn over
Staff Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 15, 2018
There is a lot of turn over in the CT Department. This has been an issue for many years. Management/HR is also an issue when it comes to interference with allowing employee's enough autonomy to perform their job to the best of their abilities. Directors, Assistant Directors, and Lead Techs tend to Micromanage their staff.
Pros
Ample open positions, little to no call
Cons
Management and Scheduling issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reston Hospital Center - Reston. Our community is ready to answer.

Reston Hospital Center - Reston Reviews by Location