Reston Limousine Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great people to work for and with
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 1, 2018
Great staff in each department and all worked well to keep each other informed on day to day issues. I helps when people care about the product that we put out. We are an industry leader for a reason.
Pros
Great staff and teamwork is evident. We all care about the product that we put out and represent
Cons
Small parking lot for Staff
reason I like working with Tammy Minkin and GMU contracts
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 31, 2018
Tammy Minkin is very fair with everyone she enter acts with, she make work fun. Tammy treats everyone like they are family from old friends to people she just meets.
Enjoyable work environment fun Associates and plenty of time to mess with the dispatcher
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling Park, VAJuly 31, 2018
Working for Reston limo is a very enjoyable experience for me the hours are good the pay is satisfactory and the employees of the other associates fun fun fun
Pros
Enjoyable versatile assignments good pay
Cons
There are no cons for me to work at Reston limo I enjoy what I do
Great company to work for
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 31, 2018
I applied for this job through Indeed. I've been here over a year and am very happy with my decision to accept the job offer. It's a family oriented company who understands family comes first. They are very flexible working with issues in our personal lives. Management is very friendly and never looks down on anyone else. No power egos here. I would recommend working at Reston Limousine to anyone.
Great place to work.
Sale Manager (Current Employee) –  StrelingJuly 30, 2018
This is a family owned and run business and it feels like it every day. The hours are long but the work is rewarding and fun. There is never a dull moment. This much I can guarantee.
My passengers were awesome
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Capital Heights, TNMay 15, 2018
I do not wish to comment, its a company that needs to pay more and offer a cost of living wage with decent benefits. Take their employees to consideration with hours
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We would like to address your remarks on pay & benefits... Our drivers are compensated at a competitive rate that is in line with pay rates of other companies in the DC area and offer numerous additional benefits to include; guaranteed salaries for our chauffeurs, time and a half for any overtime, annual pay increases for drivers, flexible driving options for both shuttle and charter work to ensure they get as many hours of work (within regulations) as they desire. We also offer our drivers the option to switch their route if another shift is available if that works better or can supply them more of their desired hours.
We evaluate driver income annually to ensure that it remains competitive and fair for the area and also provide a wide range of benefits including health, dental, vision, long and short term disability, among others, to our drivers .

Reston is having growing pains
Contract (Transportation) Manager (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MD 20743May 11, 2018
At the time of my employment with Reston Limousine, Reston (Cap Hgts) was in need of a strong management team, to which they did not have. I also noticed, that the morale was very low due to management not trusting each other nor working well together. I also noticed that customer service is not a word promoted by Reston, although their business is 100% customer service based. The company as a whole has very good potential for stability and growth, once the hierarchy realizes that off-site and micro management doesn't work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper-Management's divisive tactics towards it's supervisors
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Reston Limousine strives to provide an open environment for its employees and value’s their feedback. Our management team is always accessible, you can bring any concerns up with your supervisor and they will be brought to management.
We hold our employees to a high standard and what may feel like growing pains could in fact be the learning curve as employees assume more responsibilities.

Management and work hours.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDApril 5, 2018
The pay rate and hours not in line with other small business transit companies. The recording of hours worked is outdated and inaccurate. Time of hours worked on paper. I have never done in Years. Reston needs a time clock or a better way of recordings hours worked. The health insurance is below average. You never meet the owner.shes heard from but never seen.the vehicles are not the problem. Management is in of better training. They lack communication. Working in the sedan is ridiculous 🤔. The pay is extremely poor for sedan work. Part time work maybe but you cannot provide for a family let alone single with Bill's.
Pros
Fleet of vehicles good
Cons
Management communication skills
May 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and wish to address some of the points made. Reston Limousine strives to provide competitive rates for our drivers that are in line with pay provided by other private organizations. We review our pay each year to confirm that it is competitive, and fair. This year we have introduced a guarantee for all full-time charter drivers in which they are guaranteed to make a minimum of $40,000 a year for non-CDL drivers and a minimum of $50,000 for CDL drivers - many even earn more than this. Hours are recorded electronically, but we also use other tools in order to ensure accuracy. Reston Limousine is proud to be able to provide substantial benefits to employees including healthcare, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Aflac, 401K with company match and PTO. Our Management team, including our CEO and COO maintain an open door policy to all employees and all are encourage to reach out with any concern, to make suggestions, ask questions etc. Our COO speaks at all company events and is available for one-on-ones after all meetings. In addition, we frequently hold driver focus groups that allow drivers to voice their opinions directly to management, our CEO always attends these groups. It is our ultimate goal to make sure every employee has a positive experience while at Reston Limousine and we are disheartened that you did not perceive your time with us as anything but exceptional.

Great place to work as part-time position
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 19, 2018
Overall friendly and professional environment. However, the compensation, salary and benefits, are not comparable to the cost of living in this area. Great part-time or second source of income.
March 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At Reston Limousine we strive to provide our drivers with the best possible experience; this includes a positive environment, consistent hours and schedules, as well as plenty of room for growth and greater responsibility. We also pay our drivers a competitive market rate based on the average payrate of transportation companies in the DC area.

Productive, busy environment, but the pay is not equal to the responsibilities.
Charter chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 26, 2018
The relationship between dispatch and drivers is often biased. Years of service is not considered when determining who gets what. Other than that, things are pretty normal for
Pros
Take home car
Cons
On call 24-7
March 28, 2018

Thank you for your review. We have recently restructured our charter pay scheme and implemented significant pay increases. This means charter drivers working for Reston Limousine will see higher income when compared to other transportation companies. Additionally we are now offering healthy referral bonuses and drivers always have the opportunity to earn tips.

Summer Part-time turned to year-round Part-time
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 24, 2018
I have been a Fairfax County School Bus Driver for 17 years. A couple summers ago, I was looking for part time work to make some money and fill my idle time in the summer.

When I came in for my interview the supervisor agreed to hire me and see if we could figure out a mutual work schedule. I found that everyone at Reston Limousine was willing to help see what trips they could give me and what time I was able to give them. They provided all the training I needed to get me prepared to drive their trips. They even train those who don't have a CDL to help them obtain one. They are a top-rate, prestigious company and I'm proud to say that I represent them.

I am so thankful that they were willing to give me a chance, because I have totally enjoyed working for Reston Limousine. The administrative staff helped and continue to help like family. They all seem to be happy in their jobs and that trickles down to a very happy work environment. The part time job I took to fill my summer has translated to regular part time work all year long.

They have over 300 vehicles in their fleet and the trips can vary from driving several people in a Cadillac Escalade (no CDL) to 50 people in a coach bus (CDL required) depending on your qualifications -- they use all kinds of drivers. They have a large variety of trips ranging from transferring people from an airport to a hotel, weddings, parties, wine and brew tours and everything in between – you name it – there’s no getting bored with the same ole same ole because there’s such a variety of work. If you 're not looking for a variety,
  more... they have contract shuttle trips that routinely operate the same route, time and day that you want.

My plan is to stay and eventually retire from this job -- I have no conceivable reason I can imagine for wanting to leave this organization.
Pros
Friendly, helpful, fulfilling, good money
March 28, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoy working with Reston Limousine! You hard work and dedication is appreciated.

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Family atmosphere - caring people - open door policy - great place to work!! Very customer service oriented - goal is to always exceeds the clients expectations.
Pros
Steady company - friendly people - thinks outside of the box
Great Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Even though it is not a small business, it feels family run. The culture is one of caring whether you are a driver, a mechanic or dispatcher! Very strong management team.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Open 24/7/365 including holidays
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments! Though it can be viewed as negative that we are open 24/7, our employees are paid time and a half for working on holidays!
We are glad that you agree that we have a strong & positive company culture as we strive to make everyone's experience here exceptional!

Dynamic, Positive, Open, Family Environment
COO (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Reston Limousine is not your average company, and that is what makes it so attractive for any employee. Everyone is full of passion and dedication as they manage together in a fast paced demanding environment in a very competitive industry. We are an entrepreneurial growing company that equally focuses on our clients as we do with each employee. Management is always accessible and ready to deal with the many challenges and questions that arise, but they do so in a creative, honest, and open way. Being one of the executives for over 11 years, I make sure to answer any question, from any employee, at any time. We are committed to ensure everyone can make a difference and be heard.
Pros
Many opportunities to make an impact within the company and the clients.
Cons
Every company will have some cons, but I will add, we are committed to find and improve them
Forward thinking and creative company- warm enviroment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Reston Limousine is a wonderful place to work, the management is accessible, encouraging and there is no micormanaging.

The staff is warm and welcoming and the in-office comradry is that of a family.

The president and CEO is involved and encouraging to the staff and very positive.

Family values, employee centered company.
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad that you agree that Reston Limousine is an employee centered company as that is one of our core values!

family environment great group of employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Employees are willing to help each other as needed to complete a task. Supervisors help each other out. Communication is the strongest point. We have a great dispatch team willing to help with clients and well as the contracts.
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments! Team work, makes the dream work!

Benefits are slim. Claim to have an open door policy but nothing has been done.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  GMUDecember 28, 2017
Lack of communication and concerns for drivers Management needs to engage with there drivers more and come from out of the office. Needs better mgmnt.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lacking benefits. Low pay. CDL Drivers should be paid more. Top pay is $18 hour.
January 4, 2018

Reston Limousine is highly employee focused and we are troubled to hear that any of our employees are not aware of the benefits and policies put in place to make our workplace and employment experience as positive and beneficial to our staff as we can.

Please let us address these concerns now.

Our pay and benefits are competitive for the area and industry and employees always have the option of earning additional income through many different options; including available overtime and charter work. RLS offers a very Robust benefit plan to include major medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with company match as well as STD & other plans thru Aflac.

Our open door policy is one that we pride ourselves on. So much in fact, that our COO, Tony Simon, has made it a policy to provide his cell phone number to all employees and makes himself available at every event to talk to each employee, especially if they have concerns to discuss.

We urge you to contact HR to get that number so you can discuss the above with Tony directly. Also please feel free to also discuss these matters with HR as well. We want to make all our employees aware of their options and discuss any concerns as soon as possible.

We will always support our employees and do whatever we can to ensure that your work with Reston Limousine is a positive and enriching experience.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Great place to work - employee centered!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 18, 2017
I have been with Reston Limousine for just over 3 years. In this time I have been fully supported by the teams I have worked with and by management. I have had opportunities to advance within the company and have gained so much experience and knowledge since I have been here.
I look forward to coming to work each day and having interaction with my co-workers.
I enjoy my role at work and look forward to hopefully making a positive difference in someone's day.
I am truly grateful for my experience with Reston Limousine thus far and I look forward to my future within the company!
Decent company
Contract Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 25, 2017
Management is not the best
you do a lot of work but not compensated well, its hard to balance life outside of work very demanding
Not a great job for someone with young children or a single parent
Pros
Job
Cons
rare to no chance of a break
December 12, 2017

We appreciate your comments. We are sorry that you feel that management is lacking or that you are not well compensated. However, it is true that our pay rate is very competitive compared to other companies within he industry, we also offer full benefits including paid time off. We also try to make sure that the route or jobs that are assigned to each driver will be a good fit for him or or her. We try to ensure that by having out charter drivers provide their availability to our Dispatch department so they can schedule drivers for jobs when it is best for them and on the contract side, any driver is welcome to switch to an open route when/if it becomes available. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your comments will be taken into consideration.

Unprofessioal and Unethical Management, Employees treated poorly
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 20, 2017
The company as a whole is a fraud. It totes itself as a women owned company but does nothing to empower it employees. Management supervisors belittle employees and seem to take pleasure in demeaning employees. The pay is minimal and by design keep wages low by keeping hours below 40 hours per week. There is no time and anf half opportunities if you were provided an opportunity to work more than 40 hours.
Everything you do is put under a microscope such as videoing drivers as they perform their daily duties. Drivers are put under the boot by enforcing tight schedules and are humiliated for building healthy profesional relationships with their riders. Any professional should stay clear of this company. Not an axe to grind just telling it like it is. Don't walk away from this opportunity RUN!
Pros
Opportunity to meet nice people who ride the bus
Cons
Unethical Culture, Unprofessional Management, Employees are not fairly compensated
June 26, 2017

Reston Limousine is a woman-owned company that has been in business for almost 30 years. The President and CEO, as well as the entire Management team go to great lengths to help and support all of the employees in the company while they are on duty, and even on a personal level when the need arises. We do have to address compliance infractions, but take no pride or pleasure in doing so. We have in place a Corrective Action Point System in place and our objective is to help correct the action and move on in a positive way. We feel our driver pay is very competitive for our industry and it has allowed us steady growth and stability. We have a variety of FT, PT and weekend shifts available, but do not always have FT opportunities when candidates apply. If a candidate still wants to come on board, we place them on a mutually agreed upon shift and encourage them to check the openings regularly so they can achieve more hours. Any hourly employee that works over 40 hours per week is paid at time and a half, and many of our drivers work well over 40 hours per week during peak times. We recently installed drive cams in all of our vehicles for the sole protection of our drivers.There is no one physically sitting and viewing camera footage on a daily basis. If an event triggers the camera, our Safety Manager will review the event, and in turn, review the findings with the driver. We live in one of the worst traffic areas in the country, and our drivers are encouraged to operate their vehicles in a safe and professional manner at all times, understanding that they are faced every day with  more... challenges beyond their control that can impact their ability to remain on schedule. Safety is and has always been our number one priority.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reston Limousine. Our community is ready to answer.