Play YouTube video button

Reston Limousine Employee Reviews

Featured review
Reston Limousine selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow
Route Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 21, 2018
I have worked here a long time. I have been promoted three times. It’s definitely a busy place and since it is open 24/7 it’s hard to catch up. The bright side is the caring culture of people who love their jobs. The business is exciting. We drive celebrities, athletes, students, interns, doctors, wine tours and weddings. The customers are usually having a great time and they are generous with tips, food, tickets and other perks. The company has occasional use of a suite at sporting events and concerts. The managers go out of their way to be flexible with schedules. Non urgent employees can work from home two days a week. I highly recommend this company if you are looking for a home away from home!
Pros
Caring culture and flextime
Cons
Open 24/7/365
Good place to work when they are busy
Chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 21, 2018
They are trying to make some changes which will be nice for the employees if they ever get implemented.

Currently the 'guaranteed income' programs they have do not help the employee in a week to week or even monthly basis.

They want to catch you up in the month after the end of the quarter.

If times are slow this is not sustainable - at least it is not for me.
Pros
Good when busy
Cons
not always busy
Amazing Company
Dispatcher/Assistant to Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 20, 2018
Reston Limousine is an amazing company. Not only are they the best limousine service they are also wonderful to work for. The management and staff are always willing to help, instruct and make you feel a part of a team.
Pros
work environment, co-workers
Cons
365 days a year
good job
Professional Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDAugust 21, 2018
This a great job to have as a part time job, and plus great benefits. i would say i get paid great to just be working only on the weekends. you can move around in that job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
August 30, 2018

Thanks for your positive feedback! Glad you enjoy working with the Reston family!

Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 1, 2018
Nice place to work. Supportive management, knowledgeable colleagues. Challenging work, lots of responsibility. Growth environment. Can be stressful but it's Highly recommended!
Pros
Great team effort
Cons
work, life balance.
Close Knit Office - Great place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 1, 2018
Great work office culture. Day to day interaction with other employees makes it feel like a close knit family. Longevity in employees. Low Turnaround. Competitive pay and a team atmosphere
Great people to work for and with
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 1, 2018
Great staff in each department and all worked well to keep each other informed on day to day issues. I helps when people care about the product that we put out. We are an industry leader for a reason.
Pros
Great staff and teamwork is evident. We all care about the product that we put out and represent
Cons
Small parking lot for Staff
reason I like working with Tammy Minkin and GMU contracts
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 31, 2018
Tammy Minkin is very fair with everyone she enter acts with, she make work fun. Tammy treats everyone like they are family from old friends to people she just meets.
Enjoyable work environment fun Associates and plenty of time to mess with the dispatcher
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling Park, VAJuly 31, 2018
Working for Reston limo is a very enjoyable experience for me the hours are good the pay is satisfactory and the employees of the other associates fun fun fun
Pros
Enjoyable versatile assignments good pay
Cons
There are no cons for me to work at Reston limo I enjoy what I do
Great company to work for
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 31, 2018
I applied for this job through Indeed. I've been here over a year and am very happy with my decision to accept the job offer. It's a family oriented company who understands family comes first. They are very flexible working with issues in our personal lives. Management is very friendly and never looks down on anyone else. No power egos here. I would recommend working at Reston Limousine to anyone.
Great place to work.
Sale Manager (Current Employee) –  StrelingJuly 30, 2018
This is a family owned and run business and it feels like it every day. The hours are long but the work is rewarding and fun. There is never a dull moment. This much I can guarantee.
Excellent Company
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 25, 2018
Excellent company. I loved working at RLS. The hours were good for me at the time and the people I worked with were caring and we were like a family. Fast paced environment but everyone worked together as a team.
Pros
everything
My passengers were awesome
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Capital Heights, TNMay 15, 2018
I do not wish to comment, its a company that needs to pay more and offer a cost of living wage with decent benefits. Take their employees to consideration with hours
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We would like to address your remarks on pay & benefits... Our drivers are compensated at a competitive rate that is in line with pay rates of other companies in the DC area and offer numerous additional benefits to include; guaranteed salaries for our chauffeurs, time and a half for any overtime, annual pay increases for drivers, flexible driving options for both shuttle and charter work to ensure they get as many hours of work (within regulations) as they desire. We also offer our drivers the option to switch their route if another shift is available if that works better or can supply them more of their desired hours.
We evaluate driver income annually to ensure that it remains competitive and fair for the area and also provide a wide range of benefits including health, dental, vision, long and short term disability, among others, to our drivers .

Reston is having growing pains
Contract (Transportation) Manager (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MD 20743May 11, 2018
At the time of my employment with Reston Limousine, Reston (Cap Hgts) was in need of a strong management team, to which they did not have. I also noticed, that the morale was very low due to management not trusting each other nor working well together. I also noticed that customer service is not a word promoted by Reston, although their business is 100% customer service based. The company as a whole has very good potential for stability and growth, once the hierarchy realizes that off-site and micro management doesn't work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper-Management's divisive tactics towards it's supervisors
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Reston Limousine strives to provide an open environment for its employees and value’s their feedback. Our management team is always accessible, you can bring any concerns up with your supervisor and they will be brought to management.
We hold our employees to a high standard and what may feel like growing pains could in fact be the learning curve as employees assume more responsibilities.

Management and work hours.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDApril 5, 2018
The pay rate and hours not in line with other small business transit companies. The recording of hours worked is outdated and inaccurate. Time of hours worked on paper. I have never done in Years. Reston needs a time clock or a better way of recordings hours worked. The health insurance is below average. You never meet the owner.shes heard from but never seen.the vehicles are not the problem. Management is in of better training. They lack communication. Working in the sedan is ridiculous 🤔. The pay is extremely poor for sedan work. Part time work maybe but you cannot provide for a family let alone single with Bill's.
Pros
Fleet of vehicles good
Cons
Management communication skills
May 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and wish to address some of the points made. Reston Limousine strives to provide competitive rates for our drivers that are in line with pay provided by other private organizations. We review our pay each year to confirm that it is competitive, and fair. This year we have introduced a guarantee for all full-time charter drivers in which they are guaranteed to make a minimum of $40,000 a year for non-CDL drivers and a minimum of $50,000 for CDL drivers - many even earn more than this. Hours are recorded electronically, but we also use other tools in order to ensure accuracy. Reston Limousine is proud to be able to provide substantial benefits to employees including healthcare, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Aflac, 401K with company match and PTO. Our Management team, including our CEO and COO maintain an open door policy to all employees and all are encourage to reach out with any concern, to make suggestions, ask questions etc. Our COO speaks at all company events and is available for one-on-ones after all meetings. In addition, we frequently hold driver focus groups that allow drivers to voice their opinions directly to management, our CEO always attends these groups. It is our ultimate goal to make sure every employee has a positive experience while at Reston Limousine and we are disheartened that you did not perceive your time with us as anything but exceptional.

Great place to work as part-time position
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 19, 2018
Overall friendly and professional environment. However, the compensation, salary and benefits, are not comparable to the cost of living in this area. Great part-time or second source of income.
March 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At Reston Limousine we strive to provide our drivers with the best possible experience; this includes a positive environment, consistent hours and schedules, as well as plenty of room for growth and greater responsibility. We also pay our drivers a competitive market rate based on the average payrate of transportation companies in the DC area.

Productive, busy environment, but the pay is not equal to the responsibilities.
Charter chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 26, 2018
The relationship between dispatch and drivers is often biased. Years of service is not considered when determining who gets what. Other than that, things are pretty normal for
Pros
Take home car
Cons
On call 24-7
March 28, 2018

Thank you for your review. We have recently restructured our charter pay scheme and implemented significant pay increases. This means charter drivers working for Reston Limousine will see higher income when compared to other transportation companies. Additionally we are now offering healthy referral bonuses and drivers always have the opportunity to earn tips.

Summer Part-time turned to year-round Part-time
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 24, 2018
I have been a Fairfax County School Bus Driver for 17 years. A couple summers ago, I was looking for part time work to make some money and fill my idle time in the summer.

When I came in for my interview the supervisor agreed to hire me and see if we could figure out a mutual work schedule. I found that everyone at Reston Limousine was willing to help see what trips they could give me and what time I was able to give them. They provided all the training I needed to get me prepared to drive their trips. They even train those who don't have a CDL to help them obtain one. They are a top-rate, prestigious company and I'm proud to say that I represent them.

I am so thankful that they were willing to give me a chance, because I have totally enjoyed working for Reston Limousine. The administrative staff helped and continue to help like family. They all seem to be happy in their jobs and that trickles down to a very happy work environment. The part time job I took to fill my summer has translated to regular part time work all year long.

They have over 300 vehicles in their fleet and the trips can vary from driving several people in a Cadillac Escalade (no CDL) to 50 people in a coach bus (CDL required) depending on your qualifications -- they use all kinds of drivers. They have a large variety of trips ranging from transferring people from an airport to a hotel, weddings, parties, wine and brew tours and everything in between – you name it – there’s no getting bored with the same ole same ole because there’s such a variety of work. If you 're not looking for a variety,
  more... they have contract shuttle trips that routinely operate the same route, time and day that you want.

My plan is to stay and eventually retire from this job -- I have no conceivable reason I can imagine for wanting to leave this organization.
Pros
Friendly, helpful, fulfilling, good money
March 28, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoy working with Reston Limousine! You hard work and dedication is appreciated.

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Family atmosphere - caring people - open door policy - great place to work!! Very customer service oriented - goal is to always exceeds the clients expectations.
Pros
Steady company - friendly people - thinks outside of the box
Great Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Even though it is not a small business, it feels family run. The culture is one of caring whether you are a driver, a mechanic or dispatcher! Very strong management team.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Open 24/7/365 including holidays
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments! Though it can be viewed as negative that we are open 24/7, our employees are paid time and a half for working on holidays!
We are glad that you agree that we have a strong & positive company culture as we strive to make everyone's experience here exceptional!

A fine company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoy working at Reston Limousine. Even though it is not a small business it has a family atmosphere. The culture is one of caring whether you are a driver, mechanic or dispatcher.
Pros
Exciting Industry
Cons
Open 24/7/365

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reston Limousine. Our community is ready to answer.