Resurgent Capital Services, LP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Job, Great People!
Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 1, 2018
I absolutely loved working for RCS, I felt my department was like my family. I was given several challenging projects and opportunities that ultimately opened doors to where I am today. The culture was fun, the people were great and overall I enjoyed going to work everyday!
Pros
Culture, community driven, shared services, strong family atmosphere, tenure of workers, onsite nurse/gym
Cons
Limited room for growth in smaller departments
Micro management
Correspondence Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 27, 2017
The company has benefits but very micromanaged in most departments. It is difficult for most people to advance in the company.
Most of the work is very tedious.
Splendid Company
Support Liaison Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 26, 2017
Resurgent was a fine company to work for and is very structured. The benefits are outstanding and they treat their employees very well with several lunches, incentives and attainable goal prizes.
What I've learned
Customer Service Support (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2017
I have been with Resurgent Capital Services for almost 3 years now. It has provided me with opportunities for growth. Once an employee has been there 6 months, he/she is able to apply for other qualifying positions.
Pros
Wearing jeans on Fridays and free public parking
Cons
Can't wear hats
Productive and a lot of fun to work
Litigation Liaison (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 26, 2017
I was there for over 4 years and I was promoted from Customer Service Rep to Litigation Liaison. In which I worked with Attorneys only. I learned a lot and grew a lot while there. My coworkers were great and so was the atmosphere.
Highly competitive
Correspondence Processor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 21, 2017
A "Debt Collections" industry driving their employees with quotas and bonuses....highly competitive environment with many reviews and inspections. Have a tough skin!
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
Negative/Competitive environment
Productive and fun workplace
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2017
See my review for my previous position. I enjoyed working there and the employees were happy. I enjoyed working with the end user to resolve the everyday problems that came up on a day to day basis.
Pleasant workplace
Dispute Resolution Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 26, 2017
The benefits are amazing. The culture is inviting and pleasant. Advancements are available fairly often but moving up can be difficult depending on who's making the decision. It was thought that management can sometimes be unfair when it comes to promotions or pay increases. Most of the people I dealt with daily were very nice. We got free lunches and ice cream days monthly. They give small gifts during an employee appreciation week. Every year there's an award ceremony with large prizes and giveaways.
Great place to work.
Exeuctive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I worked for the CEO of the company for 11 years, and then the CFO for 3 years. It was an exciting job. I travelled, planned all the corporate events, weekly/monthly luncheons. The company was very much a part of the community. We were involved with lots of organizations in the community giving back to them.
Pros
Fun place to work, loved the people.
productive job
Disputes Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 19, 2016
good place to work , love the down town setting the management could use some work , love the atmosphere great benefits, and the company bonuses are a plus.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
expensive insurance
Dispute Resolutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 27, 2016
Managers and mid level management are a great group of people.

Though this is a financial institution the Job place environment is positive and good.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Customers are not willing to take responsibility
Its a good sized company that should offer room to advance.
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 31, 2016
My co-workers were helpful and friendly. They made the job easier to learn and do because of their willingness to explain things and help whenever necessary.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Strict management
No work/life balance and too much management drama
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2016
The company was a great place to work...a decade ago. In the past few years, management has become nothing but a struggle for power. Half the company under one director, the other half under someone else. Each department gets pitted against another department and the employees suffered. Staffing needs were not met which led to many employees being severely overworked. Overtime wasn't always required but it certainly was implied and you were made to feel guilty if you worked less than 50 hours per week. There was no work life balance by the time I left. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
Onsite wellness clinic
Cons
No work life balance, implied overtime everyday, poor management
Summary
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 5, 2015
Looking for greener pastures. There are a lot of life lessons to be learned here. I have learned a lot and will take what I have learned from this experience and move forward in life with it.
A nice place to work
Bankruptcy Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 14, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I learned some of the Human Resources aspects of the job. The management was good, my supervisor was the best-a very good person.
Fun place to work
Data Analyst II, QA/Commercial Loans (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 27, 2015
Great work/life balance. Opportunities for advancement. Benefits include nurse on site. Free downtown parking. Employees have opportunity to support of local community organizations.
Good for something to start with but not end with.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2014
The insurance is not the best and the auditors are horrible. They will dock off points for the most simple things.
This company is exactly the kind of environment you would want to work in.
HCM Intern/ Media Consulting (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 13, 2014
During my internship with Resurgent, I took on many creative projects to help cultivate the company image. I planned, led, and executed the creative direction for my team and conducted interviews with employees including the CEO. My main project was to produce a corporate video to demonstrate the company service and culture to the public. This video is used in acquiring new talent, and shown to new hires. The video is also posted on the company website.
I really enjoyed working at Resurgent primarily because of the culture. All of the employees work hard and are rewarded for their efforts. This was one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Well structed enviornment
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 23, 2014
The company was a great work placewith potential growth. Management staff display professionalism and fair to the staff members.
Pros
none micro manage
Cons
massive brain storming
Professional Growth Available
Loan Servcing Specialists (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 7, 2014
Enjoy being in the downtown different eating locations for lunch. Love the option of taking 30 minute to an hour lunch. A typical work day consists of reviewing customer inquiries and deciding whether it needs to be escalated or if there is a simple solution. We open task for solutions to any tax, insurance, payment and/ or credit dispute that needs special attention. I also set up automatic payments, process payoff request, index documents into the system. reverse fees and request payment refunds if necessary. We also work with little to no supervisor, although we do a very understanding supervisor. I really enjoy my co workers, because we have a good relationship, work together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to handle situation to ease the customers mind. There really isn't a hard part to the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resurgent Capital Services, LP. Our community is ready to answer.

Resurgent Capital Services, LP Reviews by Location