Retail Merchandising Services Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2019
I have been With RMS for 6 years and have enjoyed working for them! I only wish that there was some kind of health coverage offered through the company.
Great Job for extra income
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 27, 2019
Weekly guidelines given on Sunday and you have 7 days to complete your tasks. Knowledge of POGs, self-management, inventory maintenance, weekly reports a must.
Good money terrible management
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 19, 2019
Terrible CEO terrible management good money you know what time to be at work but never got off on time a bunch of grown men acting like women backstabbing management...the saying up there was nothing beats the cross but the double cross
Great website
Victoria's Secret (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 16, 2019
I love getting to know customers, being able to help them find there needs & making there day. It's such a great feeling being able to know that you did a great job with customer service & getting good feed back from clients about your assistance.
Murphys USA in Gainesville,Tx sucks
Murphys USA (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXJune 29, 2019
They have the worst manager ever. Doesn't know a thing about managing anything. If you are trying to get hired there please reconsider. It's an awful place to work!! And you get no breaks. Worst company I have ever worked for!!
it was a good job for the time being
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2019
helpful great job to have when I didn't have anything. you make your own schedule its a great part time job to have on the side. They mail products to your home to bring to the store.
Overall learned a lot about merchandising
Live Goods Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2019
Lack of management fruit corporate.
I learned a lot about plants and merchandising overall got to know a lot about stalking zoning striping and product placement as well as making an caps and cables
Pros
Flexible schedule and hours
Cons
Too much leniency lack of management
only if you want to work to get out of the house
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 19, 2019
The projects have an estimated time and it is very underestimated. Most of the time I worked more than the estimated time to get the job done right but you are not compensated for that. It is next to impossible to complete projects like they want it to be done. Some weeks I only had 2 hours of work. The notes and instruction could be extremely confusing. I gave it a year and left even though I was given a bonus....based on hours so not much of a bonus.....and told I was one of the top merchandisers in the company. That was only because I did a lot of unpaid work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
low hours and low pay when you factor in extra time to do the job
Overall it depends on who u work for
Family Dollar (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 11, 2019
I would say working retail u have to be fast paced quick on ur feet and ready for anything. I enjoy working at family dollar great company to work for yes I would recommend one over the other to work at
Pros
I haven’t worked at either one for any pros
Cons
Cons would be if u can’t be fast enough on ur feet retail not for u
Bullied by emails, a bother to the store and paid in pennies
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 11, 2019
Like others have mentioned it is $12 flat fee not matter how long the task takes. You may be waiting on the receiver to get your boxes or it could simply take longer. Take a million pictures because the first 500 won’t be good enough because the woman sitting at her desk has to justify her salary so here comes a thousand emails while your at your full time job that pays bills. Then the call. Then you don’t get paid for weeks and weeks. You mine as we’ll just work at the store.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay; too many emails; spoken down to
Attention to detail
Reset Crew Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 21, 2019
Great pay for the type of work. The hours are late, but there is usually a lot of work to be done. Great job to help network and get your foot in the door to distributions.
Great Job for retire people
reatil merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2019
RMS is a great company to work for if your retired or just looking to make an extra dollar, but if your looking for hours and advancement this is not the place for you , they pay you $12 an hour but is by the proyect so if the proyect is 15min you only get paid $3 , they under pay some proyects that at least you can get $50 for it.
They rate you by store too and you can only get a maximun of 3 stores if your lucky, you acumulate personal time that they will do wht ever posible not to pay it and they standarized your traveling time , no room to make a career of it
BUt if your a retired employee that want to get out of the house and do something its a great opportunity
Pros
very flexible
Cons
pay and hours, not enough hours, and no room for advancement
Fast paced store
My unique Thrift store (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMarch 21, 2019
The company sucked with communication. Otherwise the job was real fun you get to meet alot of people and learn alot of new things. The pay was okay and should have been better but u have to work your way up.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
No communication
Don't expect a raise... Ever.
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 22, 2018
I've been with RMS for three years and still make the same amount of 12.00 an hour. But with that, if the project is allotted at 45 minutes... I make 9.00 an hour. They offer bonuses quarterly, but if you receive just one email questioning your work...no bonus. I put explanations in the comment section, but no one reads them.

The company holds onto contracts with companies because they bid low just to get the work. The work usually takes longer, so more work and less pay. We used to work more with doing L'Oreal in Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart kick RMS out at the first of the year, with Anderson Merchandising getting the L'Oreal contract. So now we only have Target, which isn't enough.

A lot of merchandisers come and go, yet they keep you at two stores. And even if you have a store, there may be another RMS merchandiser also working projects in that store. Very poor utilization of employees. Begging for stores doesn't work , as they want you to be "available" for covering stores at the last minute. This is usually due to a merchandiser quitting.
Pros
Flexible schedule and working alone.
Cons
See review...
Good place to get paid
Packout Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 1, 2018
Good place to get paid but no benefits and management needs to be improved as a whole company just needs better scructure from within was a good paying job though.
Excellent Environment If You're Content to Remain Stagnant
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 26, 2018
Casual work environment, great opportunities for entry-level employees. Otherwise, org chart is pretty much flat and there's limited opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Some areas have excellent leadership
Cons
most areas don't have excellent leadership
Good side job for income
Wave Reset Crew (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 18, 2018
Would like to see more opportunities for advancement in the company. More incentives for employees but also set certain expectations with the productivity for each day
Pros
Different work locations
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Nice place to work for
Cashier/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 25, 2018
Good place to work for learn as you go alright pay and alright vacation time and the manger are good people to work with if you don't understand they will teach you
Good
Cons
Alright
Best job I’ve had
Walmart Supercenter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2018
Walmart was the best job only reason I quit was because a death in the family and we moved i got paid good the people were nice I learned a lot working there
Pros
Discounts
Didn’t work there for long
Dollar Tree stocker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDOctober 15, 2018
I quit because of lack of management. Everyone looked lost and out of place and the store manager always “went on break” She never wanted to work at all
Pros
Money
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retail Merchandising Services. Our community is ready to answer.