Retail Merchandising Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Retail
Family Dallors (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 24, 2018
Make sure customers are satisfied with service..always have a smile and be very polite and helpful towards the customer's..family Dallors is a company that didn't give me enough hours to take care my family financially..
Okey place to work.
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 5, 2018
I like it has late work hours. I decline to give a review of this work place. I disagree with being asked to do so. I don’t want to. It feels very negative and not fair
Pros
Nice team
Flexible schedule
Merchandising Vendor (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 5, 2018
I am a student and care provider for my children. RMS enables me to work around my busy schedule without any issues. It is the perfect company to work for if you need flexibility.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Limited hours
clock in and slave until its over
Packer loader checker and order table (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 28, 2018
over all it could be a great place to work if management was better and everyone pulled there weight and not worry about the next person if u are hurt they really could careless only if you can work thats all they worry about dead end job good pay I say its a job for those trying to save money fast to handle business or affairs you need to handle they really don't tell you when your doing well only when its bad not for older guys for guys 21
Pros
overtime
Cons
too many to name one big one no 401k
Work independently
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 10, 2018
Fair, work your own choice of hours, challenging at times. You are performing a valuable service that helps Target improve sales. There is no direct boss. I enjoy working with various managers on a collaborative basis.
Pros
above
Cons
repetitive assignments
Not worth the headache
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 20, 2018
Work is hit or miss. Lost the contract with Walmart, leaving less work/hours. When you have questions, call, sometimes you will get an answer.. sometimes not. Pay isn't bad. People reviewing your pictures can be very picky. I think they forget, the stores will do what they want and the rep has to be the middle man.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No hours, picky pic people, not sure who is your manager
Funny with green park
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
I think everyone who doing their jobs need to make their mind fresh with see green area, like a tree or everything that make our mind fresh than before
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
Terrible company with no morals or values.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 24, 2018
They suck the life out of you. They only care about money. You are just a number not a name. They dont appreciate you. They expect lolalty but they dont return the same.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Impressed by their professionalism
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
RMS is a welcoming company and very professional. I did not stay long but this was due to the retail store I was assigned to. This particular target was not representative of the Target brand. Very unfriendly and definitely not willing to help. I don't like having to depend on others to get my work completed and sometimes the work requires this and chasing after management or department heads to answer questions about display issues or other matters. If you are aggressive and friendly this job is for you.

RMS the company I would recommend and the flexibility is great.
The pay is competitive to what merchandiser are paid. You won't get rich but if you are more into a company that treats you well rather than the love of money, this job is for you.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some work sites
Great Company
retail merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 9, 2018
I like RMS alot. They are fair and the jobs are fun. They pay by the job, not by the minute. Love it. You have the same stores everyweek, so you dont have to worry about disappearing work.. Very nice people and they do good work. They value the work you do and do good for their customers. They care about the work.
Pros
Fun, Fair, Decent Pay.
Part-time flexible work
Part-Time Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 5, 2018
Hours are flexible as long as the projects are completed within a work week, which go from Sunday to Saturday. Projects are assigned and the pay for each project may or may not be the same. Projects consists of visiting retail stores assigned as Merchandiser and performing audits, counts, pulling inventory, printing price labels, working with the store and ensuring everything for the project is addressed.
Great part time job!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South DakotaDecember 4, 2017
I have a full time job and wanted something to supplement my income without having to work set days and schedules, and this company is perfect!! Its flexible so I can easily work it around my childs activities and my full time job. Every weekend I look at my next week and just plan it according. I love that a lot of the jobs are fixed pay so if they take less time you still get paid that same amount. Anytime I've needed assistance everybody is so helpful and nice. I have an unlimited data plan so I use my Ipad instead of printing anything off of the website and it works perfect.

People saying this is not steady work are correct, but they tell you that up from, it could be zero to 10 or more hours a week, that is not hidden when you apply/interview. They have incentives and give out gift cards as well. I really like this job especially because I am on my own and someone isn't over my shoulder watching everything I'm doing. It is a lot of fun. So if you are looking for a part time job that is flexible RMS is perfect!!
Pros
flexibility, hours, pay, management
Cons
I do not intend to leave untill retirement.
Owner/President (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYNovember 29, 2017
I Own My Own Business.
I would like to work for a bigger Institution.
I am thinking of my retirement, and Benefits.
I would like to gain some work experience and apply this work to my Retirement.
Pros
Cons
retirement
Great schedules!!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 18, 2017
You have the abilityset your own schedule, the only rule is not to go over 8 hrs in a day! I am able to plan vacations and not really worry about requesting time off!!
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Difficult to add hours weekly
This is strictly a part time job-with occasional full time expectations!
Merchandiser/Trainer (Current Employee) –  SoutheastNovember 14, 2017
The pay you come in at, is the pay you will stay at, no matter how long you work for them. Raises and job performance incentives were rolled out early in 2017, but never materialized as actual pay. They say it, but do not back it up. Same with their REX system, it was supposed to be their new reporting system for uploading your pictures and reports while in the store, only used at Walmart. You must print endless pages of reports and procedures, and unless you have an unlimited data plan, you will eat up all your data in stores, since Target's WIFI is rarely working well enough to use. They have lost their contracts with Walmart starting January 2018, so another loss of clients, that WAS steady! Stores receive ungodly amounts of SBT and store management takes it out on reps, RMS plays the "we didn't send it, you work it" card! Rand McNally sends too many maps that do not sell, MJ Holdings sends numerous heavy boxes weekly, wireless is an easy easy service, will be losing GE service as well, since GE will no longer be making light bulbs, Mill Creek service was lost at BAM. Merchandising rep turnover is higher than any company I have worked for. There is a support hotline and it works as long as someone answers, but make sure you get their name, as you will need it to document, and even then, you may find yourself out on a limb. I was offered a training position in my area, when I said yes, they never bothered to even call back until 1 yr later when their area trainer left for higher ground and they needed one ASAP or would lose money for not having a rep in that store!  more... I covered stores for RMS as reps quit over and over again, and began to hear that the new reps coming in were getting no support from the home office. There are better companies with better pay scales and better support. If you are looking for steady work, this is an up and down thing with RMS. One week you will have 10 hours, the next 3, and then another doing 30 hours and its your problem to fit it in and get it done. Most work is easy enough, but surge work unnecessarily tedious, too many items to possibly check, pull or stock in a 30 minute period. RMS tries to pick up work from new companies by promising more than the reps can feasibly deliver and it is the Merchandiser that's was expected to "fix it". Great job if you are free as a bird and have all the time in the world to work or not. Since I like to eat every day, I need steady, even it not tons of hours, or even if it is, just steady works! Most stores were happy to see me, since there are huge amounts of stock sent to the store waiting for the rep. However, not enough time to work out 10-20 boxes in an hour! Have started looking for other work, and have landed plenty of other work with better pay and benefits, along with better ops for advancement. Too much stress for a part time job!  less
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
High turnover, hit and miss hours, no benefits, RMS losing big contracts, stressful, little back up
Productive and fun working environment with movies.
Mattress & Furniture 4 Less (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2017
* A typical day at work is very exciting here. I'm in charge of the whole store. I'm always curious to see what the numbers will be at the end of the day, as well as the products that our customers choose.

*I have learned a lot about furniture. How to finance,set up layaway customers , how to assemble furniture, different parts of the city by doing delivery, and etc.

*Our management team is awesome and full of life..

*Our workplace culture is an solo position.

*The hardest part of the job is too let someone go that does not fit, also to let a customer leave without satisfaction of a product.

*The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our customers walk out with a smile, as well as helping customers pick out furniture for their new home. I am very creative when it comes to designing with color coordination.
Awesome company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. There were some continuity projects (done regularly) but there were also one time projects that kept the job interesting. The hours are very flexible- projects are usually supposed to be completed by Saturday. If you can't complete a service, you just have to call to the main office, and they would extend the due date or remove it from your schedule if the due date could not be extended. The only reason why I left this job is because I relocated to a different city.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay, opportunity to earn extra money by covering other stores
Cons
Wear and tear on your car
Quick and easy day
Union Misson (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 13, 2017
Union is not where i personally would like to work. But it can be a good day or a bad day at times. I mean the people i was working with had a lot of energy inside them because they get to help people in need.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Feet were hurting badly
Terrible job
Merchandiser Rep (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAOctober 2, 2017
They advertise that you get paid $12 an hour, but didn't mention that if you're hired for part time, you can get as little as 5 hours a week. Was not worth the time nor energy.
i wasn t planning to leave
Family Dollar (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2017
its tough to work by yourself, and then you always looking over your shoulder to see who is going to rob you at Family Dollar.
this job isn t bad when you have someone working with you on a evening shift, but the company dosen t care if something happened to you they said they would help me with ptsd but they never did.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no breaks