RetailMeNot, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing office culture and teamwork.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2017
Working at RMN was very eye opening. Even as an intern, I was able to work with many teams and learn from them. Everyone is inviting and always willing to answer questions or help. The office is very fun and lively. Most importantly, there are very talented people who work here and they all realize the value of teamwork.
Amazing company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 19, 2016
I have never worked at a company where I felt the need to be my best self. Not only professionally but mentally, personally and physically as well. In my team working at RetailMeNot I have not only had my best mental self in many years but I am also pushed to be at my physical peak by eating well and taking care of my health. On top of the many employee benefits, amazing office and great staff I am consistently amazed at how much the company care about its employees and how we can develop ourselves. There are of course a few cons (as no job is perfect) but they seem minimal compared to the rest of it. Many employees who have been there for a while genuinely do care for each other which sometimes, inadvertently creates a clique-ish environment. However, most of the staff is friendly and tries to include new hires. Due to the nature of the retail industry, we are required to work some holiday breaks which is annoying. However, that is the nature of the industry and to be expected. Additionally, many times employees are asked to work more than 8 hours a day but if you're able to put your foot down you might be ok. Overall RetailMeNot is a fantastic company. CEO is also a really cool dude.
Pros
Free lunches, free coffee, free Taco Monday, employee development, downtown location
Cons
working more hours than necessary
Support Engineer II/Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2016
I love what I do, there is diversity in it and I have had opportunities to advance and grow as a person. My director is transparent and helpful.
Great place to work and learn
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2016
Really great place with tons of smart people who are always open to help out when you have a questions. Good communication across the entire company and transparency starting from the top level is awesome.
A company in transition
Senior Product Manager (CRM) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2016
RetailMeNot has a great overall vibe. There are pockets of really happy people & there are pockets of really unhappy people. The team I work on is led by someone who genuinely cares although they sometimes promise lofty things they ultimately cannot deliver on. Career paths for most teams are clearly defined, so you always know what your next step is. I've enjoyed the perks! Senior leadership is strong, but has historically been slow to aggressively go after their vision.
Pros
Free lunches & breakfast, swag, cool office, free health insurance, company paid gym memberships & cell phone services
Cons
Staffing isn't aligned with needs
It's a great company with great culture
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoyed my career at Retailmenot, Inc. There was rarely any micro management from my engineering manger. It had terrific compensation and benefits. Work can be very challenging before the holiday seasons but after that work-life balance is great. I was also given a lot of opportunities to work on great things and I appreciate them for investing us.
Pros
Free lunches, great compensations, great career paths, great work-life balance, great management
Cons
Business Decisions, company finance
Excellent engineering department, unsure about future
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2015
As an engineer, there are tons of opportunities to work on great projects using cutting-edge technologies. You can learn a lot and mentor others as well. The benefits are amazing. I've been inspired to do everything I can to become a better engineer while working here, both because the projects I work on are challenging and because the engineers who surround me are talented.

However, I'm not sure how stable the industry is. We have experienced some ups and downs, so it's hard to predict how the company will perform in the long-term.
Pros
Challenging environment with generally happy people
Cons
Unstable industry
Great culture, solid CEO
Editor in Chief, The Real Deal blog (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2015
RetailMeNot values its employees and that shows in all the perks it offers them: free lunches, free breakfasts, free coffee bar staffed by real baristas and stunning offices. The environment is fun; the people are driven; the work is enjoyable and collaborative; and management is transparent. I learned a ton while I was there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dental insurance is not good
Not Worth It
Product (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2015
This company has no idea what it's doing. The problems run so deep. Poor leadership, no direction...This is only the tip of the iceberg.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking downtown
Cons
No direction or clear leadership
Great experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2015
Good benefits and fun problems to solve. Growing quickly and there are some pains associated with that, but great overall company to work for.
heavy workload but great benefits
Not stated (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2013
its a start up feel so it pulls you in with its modern affairs but you will work hard - the work is never done, no matter what functional area you work in