Retirement Center Management Employee Reviews

No consistency
MT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2019
Low pay rates for caregivers
There is no consistency amongst company policies.
Corporate management are always in different pages
Trying to grow too fast and not paying attention to details
Amazing place to work !
Life Enrichment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2019
I worked as the Activity Assistant for over one year , I loved spending time with my residents every weekend even working a full-time job as a director in another building. When you truly love the line of work your in it doesn’t feel like work .
Pros
The residents are amazing!!!
Awesome Culture - loved the community
Executive Director - Village on the Park (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2019
This is a great company to work for! They care about their people:). It was a great experience for 5 years and I only left for another opportunity to expand my skill set.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
No room for growth
This place was horrible!
Director of Resident Care (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2019
They tell you they want to grow you but stab you in the back and fire you for no reason. Im not bitter its just people these days do not know how to treat good people, they lose the good people and keep the bad people its sad.
The hardest part of the job would be cleaning. But it is an awesome place to work. I learned alot, and grew alot at this job. Everyone was friendly.
Concierge/driver (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 5, 2019
Overall my favorite thing to do at carriage inn was taking care of the residents. I grew to care alot about all of them. I wouldn't mind going above and beyond for them.
Managers are not equipped to handle the jobs details contracts work out and are not very organized.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Heights, TXJuly 22, 2019
They will hire who they like not who will do a good job or is qualified. Management is very confused and think they are better than others because of a position they obtained and are not qualified to do.
It was better when I first started
Aide (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJuly 13, 2019
There has always been a new nurse running AL and MC every year because no one can work with the Executive Director. The Medication Lead who does the scheduling is a bully and rude. No one tells her to stop. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there unless you have thick skin or they clean out the bullies again.
I believe this would have been a great experience if a difference location was involved
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 12, 2019
Because my community was a take over situation, a small stand alone memory care outside the Houston area, we didn't receive as much training as other communities as to the RCM policies and procedures. There were many changes that took place that we would not find out about until "after the fact" which made things difficult. I don't blame RCM, it was simply the circumstance. RCM is a good company that is growing fast. With that said, there are always growing pains.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Benefits are expensive and policies are not good
Fun working with Senior citizens. Learned a lot.
Program Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I wish not to review.
This RCM company has enough bad reviews on the web. They care no more but then the bottom dollar and this is in (most cases) these Seniors last home. It got sad.
felt really bad for some of the residents. Food is horrible! No variety.
Directors not professional at all. Was like working at with High school age adults. There were a handful of employees that cared about the Seniors life but the others could careless.
Pros
Loved the Seniors
Cons
Bad Management
gross
cook (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 3, 2019
really not fun hard work and very stressfull. the owners were not really good at running a business.
...............................................
Good for your first job
Server (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 30, 2018
Good team work place everyone had rows they had to do then when your finish you help a co-worker , what time you leave depends on how fast you get done working
Pros
Short hours
Cons
No paid vacation
Kitchen work has always been a passion of mine.
Prep Cook. Cleanliness and the safety (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAOctober 19, 2018
I enjoy working in a kitchen and prep cook all the way down to doing the dishes and cleaning the floors. I was able to be a part of every aspect of kitchen work and it was a full service facility. In the being it had a Cafe and open to the Hotel with a Bar at night with full dinner menu. I think that was at it's best. The transition was very difficult and as for now it is a very nice facility back to it's full production.
Pros
I enjoy Cooking and Cleaning
Cons
There was a transition in ownership during this time which made it very difficult.
Do you care about people not the right job
Chauffeur and Concierges (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Working in a retirement community and finding that management is a major problem to showing respect and caring for the residents makes this job hard. Lazy management, all for making money and not respecting employees or the retired community.
Pros
Residents of the community
Friendly Residents
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I was a waitstaff in the kitchen, it was okay. The management wasnt friendly and not fair to the staff. Never gotten a raise. It was very fast pace, but once you got the hang of it and knew all the residents name it became easier.
Pros
Not Retail
Cons
Manager issues
n/a
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 28, 2018
This retirement home was very fun to work for and the elderly are the sweetest. I would definitely recommend people to volunteer there.

Love how you can be in charge of events and socials
At work .
C.n a (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARAugust 7, 2018
Everyday I learned that residents can change all together in a matter of seconds,even though some dont be in there rite mind they are still humans.Is
Very nice,hardest part of job is when they passaway
Pros
Always having potlucks at least twice a month.
Cons
Have 2 15 minutes smoke breaks.
Fast-paced and emotionally rewarding.
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 23, 2018
Independent work setting.
Responsibilities and assigned tasks are individually assigned but rotated.

Workers are willing to assist in tasks if need be.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Long breaks a possibility (2 hours)
Only corporate is growing
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 17, 2018
Seems to be adding a new Senior VP position monthly. They wedge into the corporate office and you'll only know who they are through emails. Has corporate personnel from the inception of the company that are way over their heads. CEO is non-existent. All new corporate hires coming from the outside. They do not support a culture of promoting from within.
Did not follow there own policies.
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXMay 19, 2018
Great place to work, because of the residents because they deserved the best because they paid for good service and I truly loved them.
The company gave me a chance to improve our kitchen and I was the first to move from Sous Chef to Director of Dining and I thank the company for giving me the opportunity.
Pros
great residents
Cons
Not completely complying to their policies
Too Many Cons
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXApril 24, 2018
The workplace would be positive if they didn't hire workers unable to hold their own, and expect able workers to pick up the slack ALL the time. Very cut-throat. Management very unprofessional. Gossip, and lying are common.
Pros
Benefits: 401k Health/Vision/Dental/Life
Cons
Management/Poor pay/No Upward Mobility/Cut-throat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retirement Center Management. Our community is ready to answer.