Retirement Housing Foundation Employee Reviews

Reveiw Stastics
Westminster Canterbury (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 15, 2018
Westminster is a wonderful Retirement place for elderly folks I enjoy working there never want to stop working here but I got hurt which Management wasnt happy with my Injury on the Job so therefore I cash in my ballots to keep from losing my Job they wanted me to sign my Job away I would;nt agree because I felt anything could accure and there was my Job.
Terrible environment, residents left to suffer
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 8, 2018
What I thought was going to be a great opportunity has turned into a situation where I am left feeling awful for residents and broke due to low wages. Even though I work almost around the clock and have no life.. this is no exaggeration..
Pros
I’ll get back to you
Cons
Too many to list
Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 7, 2018
My first accounting position. Great company and great management. Fondly remember my Accounting Supervisor. Fun workplace culture and very close to home.
Cut throat. Lack of compassion for residents, lack of profesionalism by upper management.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Cut throat company that claims to be faith based. What a joke. They could care less about the residents and only care about the bottom line. Upper management always missing in action and doesn't do their job. Don't waste your time talent or effort with this company. Mission statement is a joke because they genuinely don't care about he well being of others, especially their residents.
Pros
Appreciative residents.
Cons
No loyalty, cut throat employees, no compassion for residents
Awsome place to work residents and staff are great. Makes going to work enjoyable
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Quartz Hill, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Love it here. Pay starts off on the low side but I'm in it for the long haul so we will see how the pay looks as I rise up the ladder. You have to have a positive vibe at work and just enjoy yourself it is busy but very easygoing
Pros
Great staff and residents
Cons
Aside from the low starting pay no cons whatsoever
24 hour pull cord system
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2018
The seniors were wonderful it's a good group of people to work with we had quarterly meetings about the things going on and the different buildings that were there the total of five different buildings over a thousand units for seniors we communicated on a regular basis with each other it's really nice working there
Excellent job
Manager Senior Apartments (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 4, 2017
If you are great with seniors , and have patients by understanding that one day this could be you, how would you want others treating you this is a must in order for this job to go well. You must also have excellent management skills for both your time and your employees and last but not least you absolutely must love paper work . If what I have described applies to you then you will appreciate this job
Love the residents!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Estacada, OROctober 31, 2017
The residents & the job itself, great!
Very stressful otherwise. A lot of learning & not enough training. I love doing things for the residents, like crafts, having music, playing BINGO, potlucks, coffee get-togethers, just wish I could do more, but I don't have a budget for fun things!
Pros
Apartment included
Cons
Live where you work can have it's downfalls!
Horrible Management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 20, 2017
Constantly bullying their residents and employees! Manager is insane. She is verbally attacking co-workers and physically attacking elderly residents. Big police presence since new management. Cats stolen from property lack of security. Mold in apartments and insulation blowing out of a/c extremely low wage for front desk employees.
Cons
Nice workplace with a lot of activities
Desmet Retirement Community (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2017
Wonderful learning experience. I learned a lot about different cultures, and learned a lot of new foods. Hardest thing is if I forgot something to do.
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks
Cons
Food truck delivery
Needs some work , equipment needed to make job bwyter
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  CookSeptember 23, 2017
Would be better if if people was trained better, and same way, consistency, and if more people cared about what they was.doing, and have equipment that works and is safe!
Pros
Lunches, paid Birthday
Cons
Hours cut raises froze
Retirement Housing Foundation
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Salem, OR 97305September 18, 2017
Great place to work. Good environment that helps seniors and disabled adults get along when it comes to the choices between food/medication and housing.
Disorganized Structure
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 13, 2017
Changes occur so quickly and with little to no notice to the direct managers of employees. The Direct Managers, for the most part, are awesome. The "head honchos" dictate with no regard for employees families or personal lifes.
Not a very ethical company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 27, 2017
For a company that is a "non profit" all they care about is the "bottom line" at the expense of their employees and residents. They kick residents out if they run out of money, even if the resident have been there for years and they treat employees as disposable. They have an excellent benefits package but they started hiring people Per Diem so as to get around having to pay out benefits to as many staff. They rule with intimidation and are not afraid to tell staff members who voice their opinions, feel free to quit they will just hire someone else. The residents are delightful and make the job worth while but when you are constantly beat down and not allowed to express yourself, you are forced to leave. You cannot survive on what they pay either unless you are working 2 other jobs.
Pros
Full benefits, meals, the residents themselves
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Take Responsibility
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 24, 2017
I was working at a property for low income seniors. I loved this job, and the clients (residents) on the property. However, my direct supervisor did not take responsibility for information that should have been done years before I was hired.
Pros
Clients (residents)
Cons
Direct supervisor
Friendly
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 1, 2017
Fun friendly experiance, boss was really nice, they made sure you were trained and comfortable before they put you on the floor by yourself. happy invirment
Non-profit employer
HUMAN RESOURCES EMPLOYEE RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 1, 2017
Retirement Housing Foundation provided me with an excellent work/home balance. I did not find the position I held challenging. There are many fine people working for this employer.
Great tenants and living environment
Resident Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed living there but did not enjoy working nights. I was hired as a resident night manager with the understanding that I would learn all aspects of property management and eventually be able to promote to a true office position there or at an other facility but after a few months I was informed that I would not be crossed trained. My immediate supervisor did attempt to give me office time but no further instruction was provided.
Most rewarding job I've ever had
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2017
Great management team
Residents are great
Driver has a lot of input
Must know how to use handicap equipment
Typically left work feeling good about my work day
Low pay
Poor management
Business Office- Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Very critical/poor management. Hostile work environment. Little to NO training.
Residents are great (always smiling) but employees are not happy! Business office manager is hard to work with, often makes other employees cry!
Pros
hours/pay
Cons
short lunch, hostility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retirement Housing Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.