Retro Fitness Employee Reviews

N/a
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day at work was to sell the target amount of memberships and set up fitness orientations for each month. The most enjoyable part was to interact with a diverse group of members.
Great Co-Workers
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 3, 2018
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in at the front desk. Assessing progress on various projects. I make sure all tasks are completed and I've sent all the necessary communications via email and in person. Finally, I create a list of priorities for next week.
Pros
workout for free
Cons
no benifit, job security, terrible management
Chill atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 30, 2018
helped open the gym, make shakes, and keep it clean. was good alone time in the morning, got to read a book on everyshift. got a good workout in before or after shift.
fun
daycare (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJAugust 30, 2018
I worked the daycare at the retro fitness. It was always fast moving and busy keeping me on my feet. however always making sure these children whom being to someone else where well taken care of free from injuries in a short period of time
Trainer
Personal Trainer/Management/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 24, 2018
It was a fun place to work at and the members were amazing. I do believe that at times it could be unorganized and the pay was low for training. It is a good place to get experience at.
Temporary
Floor Technician / Child Care (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 22, 2018
It was a good job, but it lacked some things for those who worked there, I felt like other than that manager and the trainers, the other people should have gotten some type of benefit as well other than, working out for free
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Working here provided me with great experience as a sales associate. They taught me allot about how to sell things and what not. I learned allot throughout the process
Free membership was great and the work environment was friendly. Sometimes it got stressful when too many kids come in and it's just myself to watch
CHILD-SITTER (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJAugust 8, 2018
It's good for any typical college student who needs extra cash but you need a lot of patience with children. Great if your'e only looking for a temporary job or just want extra income. The hours are flexible and the managers are super friendly.
Pros
Free membership, Employee Discount, gives you more experience taking care of kids
Cons
Lack of pay, lack of activities, room can be filled up to more than 10 kids
Excellent
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEJuly 31, 2018
Retro is a positive and fun atmosphere to work in. You meet alot of people and are able to network. The management is great, other employees are nice, one big happy family.
Fun and simple, yet still necessary to be a hard worker
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 27, 2018
I love working at my Retro Fitness. The members and my coworkers are all great and I thoroughly enjoy interacting with them each and every shift. The overall experience I get from working for Retro puts a big smile on my face.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No breaks and no real benefits
Within my time there it was terrible.
Floor Tech Attendant (Current Employee) –  Forked River, NJJuly 20, 2018
Management sucked they got all the hours and kept hiring people without having any hours for them. I went a month with out working because they did not give me hours
Retro Fitness of Cherry Hill
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 17, 2018
All Retro's are owned individually. The Retro that I was employed at was so poorly owned and managed, that the staff tend to cycle out quite frequently. Employees are not treated fairly at the Cherry Hill NJ location and gym members are often nosy and have been known to harass female workers.
Pros
scheduling, easy work
Cons
treated unfairly, no raises
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ringoes, NJJuly 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. the only reason I had to quit is because I was employed at another job closer to my house. The staff was very friendly and the location is in a fantastic place.
Great Leadership
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJuly 5, 2018
Great summer job and leadership team. It was a very good learning experience and the managers respected us and helped us provide top customer service.
It was a relaxed environment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJuly 3, 2018
Working there was fairly easy and relaxed, some days were crazy and some we rather laid back and reasonable. The members were rather messy and ever cleaned up after themselves and that was the only thing that I didn’t like.
Pros
Free gym membership after 3 months
Cons
Short breaks and it took 3 months for a free membership
I loved working at Retro
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJJune 29, 2018
I would work about 20-30 hours a week. The people I worked with were really friendly and I felt welcomed every time I came into work. It was a fun job and I met a lot of new people and made a lot of new friends. The managers were really friendly and supportive.
It should be temporary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2018
this particular retro fitness at 1 new york plaza wasn't good. Being at reception was a drag. You would be working by yourself for 5or more hours and not really do much. The manager would always be on her phone talking to people and has an attitude. She would sometimes make you do work that isn't in your job title.
Amazing management and fun atomsphere
Sales (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 25, 2018
Throughout the years that I have worked here management has done everything in their power to put my needs and the companies first. From various second jobs to school schedule, I was accommodated every time. As long as you worked hard and did the best at your tasks, this job was easy, laid back, and most of fun.
Potential, but not great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 23, 2018
Clubs start-up was hard in areas that were unfamiliar with Retro Fitness. Corporate Management could have done more with advertising and sales and traffic were much much lower than expected. The owners struggled with the investment and were hesitant to give the GM (me) decent medical insurance and contractually promised comminsions because of financial hardship. Owners were also micro-managers who were newcomers, and completely unfamiliar with the fitness business.
Typical day
Personal Trainer/JKD Adults & Kids Instructor (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 22, 2018
Come in early, meet your morning clients then maybe your lunch and then your afternoon clients. Every body’s nice and will say hello and will greet you