Retro Fitness Employee Reviews

Laid back
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MADecember 11, 2018
The individuals I worked with were very friendly and accommodating. We learned a lot of useful knowledge that helped us give our guests the best experience while working out at our gym
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 1, 2018
Wonderful working experience learned a lot working there would definitely go back and work there again the workers was nice and so was the manager I loved it
Fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 27, 2018
working with owners is very intense but a great experience a lot of younger kids apply for a job there because the pay is so low for. but the kids make for a fun work environment
Manageable yet sometimes difficult work.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJNovember 27, 2018
Working at Retro wasn't always easygoing. Sometimes its very hard because you have to multitask between multiple situations. For example, a phone call, then someone who is ordering a smoothie, then someone who is looking to join the gym. There were days though where the gym environment was very calm and easy to manage.
Pros
Employee Discount, Free Gym Membership
Cons
No breaks, sort of unorganized
Good for Experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYNovember 20, 2018
Great place to jump start some experience as a personal trainer and/or sales position. Co-workers are amazing. Working environment, very leisure-like But if you are experienced, the commission will definitely scare you away. Definitely a set back.
Just not as good as I though it would be.
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FL 34787November 19, 2018
I got paid 8 dollars an hour taking care of 20- 35 or 36 kids. All different ages from babies to 12 year old all by myself. It was hectic. I would never get any helps with the kids even when i asked. I was blamed for things i wasn't doing by an employee who didn't like me. This was probably the worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Got to meet nice parents
Cons
Pay, Amount of kids with no help, manager always gone.
Upbeat environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJNovember 13, 2018
Greeting customers on a daily bases was also important no matter if it was a regular gym member or a potential new member. Keep a clean gym space is always important as well.
I was promised a position that never came to be.
membership sales (Former Employee) –  Selden, NYNovember 7, 2018
A family friend is the general manager of the club he asked me to help with sales and teach nutritional advice in the smoothie bar they were building. After almost two years the smoothie bar still had not been built.
Pros
Very easy work
Cons
No advancement and poor pay
Fun
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  North Arlington, NJOctober 22, 2018
Good enviroment to enjoy if you are into helping motivate and bring change to clients lives as s fitness trainer. The experience was awsome, having a great staff.
child care
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Forked River, NJ 08731October 18, 2018
I worked in childcare, and I loved it. I loved the parents and the children very much. I grew very close to the children and the families, and they became a huge part of my life. The hours were ok. The staff was ok. Management was poor.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
management
Terrible management
Front desk or child care (Former Employee) –  Clementon, NJOctober 14, 2018
Clementon NJ manager is terrible. He’s not a good guy. The jobs great, but ruined by the general manager. He talks very bad about every member and all the employees.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Manager is miserable
Stepping Stone
Assistant Manager/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, NJSeptember 25, 2018
Retro Fitness was a small stepping stone although there is room for advancement, it is not common. Not much drama in work place, run with the best thought of customer in mind
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no paid break
N/a
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day at work was to sell the target amount of memberships and set up fitness orientations for each month. The most enjoyable part was to interact with a diverse group of members.
Great Co-Workers
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 3, 2018
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in at the front desk. Assessing progress on various projects. I make sure all tasks are completed and I've sent all the necessary communications via email and in person. Finally, I create a list of priorities for next week.
Pros
workout for free
Cons
no benifit, job security, terrible management
Chill atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 30, 2018
helped open the gym, make shakes, and keep it clean. was good alone time in the morning, got to read a book on everyshift. got a good workout in before or after shift.
fun
daycare (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJAugust 30, 2018
I worked the daycare at the retro fitness. It was always fast moving and busy keeping me on my feet. however always making sure these children whom being to someone else where well taken care of free from injuries in a short period of time
Trainer
Personal Trainer/Management/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 24, 2018
It was a fun place to work at and the members were amazing. I do believe that at times it could be unorganized and the pay was low for training. It is a good place to get experience at.
Temporary
Floor Technician / Child Care (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 22, 2018
It was a good job, but it lacked some things for those who worked there, I felt like other than that manager and the trainers, the other people should have gotten some type of benefit as well other than, working out for free
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Working here provided me with great experience as a sales associate. They taught me allot about how to sell things and what not. I learned allot throughout the process
Free membership was great and the work environment was friendly. Sometimes it got stressful when too many kids come in and it's just myself to watch
CHILD-SITTER (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJAugust 8, 2018
It's good for any typical college student who needs extra cash but you need a lot of patience with children. Great if your'e only looking for a temporary job or just want extra income. The hours are flexible and the managers are super friendly.
Pros
Free membership, Employee Discount, gives you more experience taking care of kids
Cons
Lack of pay, lack of activities, room can be filled up to more than 10 kids