Retrophin Employee Reviews

Depends on the department you are in
Sr. Manager regulatory affairs (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I was valued for my expertise by some people, but some people felt threatened by it (normal). Helped me learn how to word things correctly and still reach the company goals.
Good Culture
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2018
98% of the people who work here are genuinely kind, CEO included. Growing company. They are very generous to their employees. Lots of free lunches. Unlimited snacks and beverages. Employees order any office supplies needed. They even provide ergonomic assessments and with that comes more paid office equipment. Average temp-contract is 6-9 months, which they do not share with you initially. Company does not pay for holidays when you are a temp (most pharmaceutical companies close the week of Christmas to New years) or days they close early (this company closes early the day before any extended weekends). Depending on your supervisor, you may have the choice of working to get your hours or leaving early as the rest. For example the company has an employee appreciation event, so office will be closing at 12pm. Usually they do not want temps in the office unsupervised. So whether you decide to attend the event of not. You will not be getting paid for those hours. You are invited in all company events and receive gifts the company gives out as well. Certain things could be adjusted or reconsidered in how they treat their contract employees (as with most companies) but no doubt they take care of you once you are. Great culture. Good people.
Growing Biotech
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2017
Currently experiencing some growing pains, but overall, a successful (and VERY fast-paced) biotech company in San Diego.. Management does seem to be a little disconnected because of all of the growth, and unfortunately internal candidates are rarely considered for any open positions (promotion/advancement opportunities limited)
Great company to work for.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at Retrophin. I learned a lot and worked with a lot of great people. The culture was great and going to work ever day was fun and exciting.
Pros
The culture, people, and the work pace.
Cons
not the greatest benefits