Return Path Employee Reviews

A Company That Lives by Its Mission
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 28, 2018
Return Path is one of those few, magical companies that actually adheres to its professed mission of putting people first. The culture is laid-back, but there are a lot of smart, hardworking people. There is an amazing culture of transparency and openness. The CEO is awesome.
Pros
The culture, the people, the benefits
Cons
Can be difficult to find a career path
Weak!
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2017
Just not what it once was! Leadership shifts all the time, no clear vision, no competitive balance or fire. Too little and too late. Had a great opportunity to build something great.
Pros
Started well, ending bad!
Cons
Vision is gone!
I loved working here!
Compliance Analyst/ Client Success Support Expert (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 7, 2017
I loved the culture and people at Return Path. This company provided me the training and knowledge that I needed to improve. It never felt like job but a family. I loved everyone I worked with from clients to co-workers.
Pros
Open Communication, Management, Free Lunches, Great work/home life balance
The path to evil is often laid with good intentions
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 25, 2016
The only great thing about RP is the job culture and some of the engineers employed there, everything else is horrible. Management has no idea how to run a company, moral is constantly low and most long term projects fail. RP is not a "people first" company, it wants you to believe it is, but it's not.

My compensation was 25% lower than the national average for my position.

The 6 week sabbatical offered for 7 years of service is a joke. Once a sabbatical is taken, you cannot leave RP for a full year without owing them the pay received during sabbatical.
Pros
lunchroom, remote work
Cons
poor management, propaganda driven environment, bad business decisions
Good culture -- Poor quality product / management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 19, 2016
Return Path considers itself a "people first" company and indeed, does have a good culture. There is very little balance between shipping products quickly and building them correctly though and the codebase suffers a result. There are no opportunities to address technical debt as management is always pushing to quickly release new features and doesn't believe in fixing something that's "not broken."
Great culture
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 15, 2015
good place to work, great culture. Sales teams dont hit quotas but the company is driving new product ideas quarterly to improve performance.
If you are a job seeker, look elsewhere.
Job Title (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 20, 2015
They just don't know what they're doing. Too many initiatives they don't complete, constant change, the services side of the business is a mess, Channel even worse and sales just isn't carrying their weight. Old school employees need to go or they will continue to run this place into the ground. The pay is well under market. Company is struggling mightily, there is an undercurrent of negativity and it has become an uncomfortable place to go to work every day.
Pros
Culture is great
Cons
Everything besides culture.
Great People, Poor Management
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 27, 2014
I worked there for a year and loved every minute of it until the end. There were three things that got me let go. The first was that I had four managers over the course of a year. None of them were with me long enough to identify gaps needed for me to be successful in my position. Second, I was working with a stifling lead developer who was new to a lead position on a team. None of our bosses were with us long enough to make substantial enough corrections to fix team dynamic issues. Third, the company underwent their worst quarter in their history right as I received me latest manager. That manager was also known for letting people go.
Pros
Good Pay, Lunches, Ping Pong, Arcade
Cons
Poor/No Feedback, Changing culture
Great Work/Life Balance
Office Management (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, coJuly 22, 2014
Return Path is a great place to work. They are very flexible and understand the importance of a work/life balance.
Forward thinking company with "hip" work environment, but balance of all ages and backgrounds
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 15, 2014
There are lots of the plusses found in the new tech culture (video games, free lunches, ping pong, unlimited vacation) but still a good mix of backgrounds.

They seem to be actively trying to recruit marginalized groups in tech (minorities, women, etc.).
Productive and Fun workplace where employees come first.
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 16, 2014
Return Path is an awesome company to work for. Everyone there is very friendly and the company does everything it can to provide a very comfortable work environment. There is a game room that has two pin pong tables, a fooseball table, and multiple arcade games. There are multiple company outings that allow employees to socialize and compete against each other in games. There are also quarterly hack-a-thons that allow employees to utilize their creative to either help the business or create something that they had always wanted to. I have really enjoyed working for this company and highly recommend it.
Pros
Free lunch, free snacks, free drinks, game room, great culture
people were great to work with
Billing & Collection (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 13, 2014
it is a good company to work for.
The people are nice to work with.
It is a calm environment.
Room for growth.
Pros
easy going
Cons
management needs an overhaul
x
Regional Sale Executive-Western Region (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 28, 2013
I have been at Return Path for almost 7 years, it is one of the best companies to work for in Colorado.
Pros
x
Cons
x
Return Path is private company experiencing major growth.
Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 19, 2012
A typical day at Return Path, consists of conducting meetings that involve high level executives in the IT or Marketing departments. I am responsible for driving clients through the sales cycle, spending the majority of the time in the discovery stage, building a business case. My territory is regionally based so I spend a large part of my day prospecting for new clients.

I have learned about how email if used correctly is one of the most profitable means of driving sales for large companies. Email marketing is a very complex, and surprisingly the large majority of marketing departments, do have have a grasp on how to get email to the inbox or have a good way to track results.

The nice thing about management at Return Path, there is not a overwhelming sense of micro-management.

From a team prospective, account managers and sales managers work very well together.

The hardest part of this job is:
Creating urgency
Very long sales cycle
No one in the industry has budget for this product.
Because of where my territory is based there is not a lot of face-to-face interaction.

The most enjoyable part of this job is, being able to educate my potential clients and to take a very consultative roll in the sales process.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
very long sales cycle
Great management style - they practice what the preach
Director (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 21, 2012
RP is an amazing company to work for. I have never seen a more actively engaged, involved, and concerned management team. They spend a tremendous amount of time thinking about the culture of the company and how to truly make it best in class. The involve employees in all aspects of running the business and are transparent to a fault. Just a wonderful organization all around.
Pros
great culture - fun place to work
Cons
comp could be better but other aspects make up for it
I love working here!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2012
Return Path has a "people first" perspective and it shows. They put a lot of effort into making sure their employees are challenged, productive and happy. Also, you just can't beat an open vacation policy!
Pros
great culture, smart people, benefits package, open vacation
Great products, culture and people
human resources (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 18, 2012
Worldwide leader; strong people first culture (starting from the top!); talented and nice colleagues
Pros
culture, benefits, challenging work
Fair company with remote management
Product Manager, Working (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 22, 2012
Created business idea proposals
Tracked status of current projects
Monitored product usage
Identified customer needs and created solutions
Pros
independent work, good pay
Cons
unclear expectations