Reuben H. Fleet Science Center Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace!!!
Client and Event Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2017
I assisted in the business development efforts of the Client Sales and Special Events departments by promoting the use of our facility via phone and email correspondence with schools and other education programs.
Pros
Such a fun workplace
Cons
Not enough hours, not compensated fairly
Tough, but the kids made it worth while.
Senior Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego Balboa ParkJuly 27, 2017
We had to wear many, many hats. It was a challenge that I relished, however, it was difficult to cover all areas of the facility and excel at my positions.
Pros
kids. loved working with kids in an education oriented climate
Cons
No breaks. Heavy work load few options
Fun and rewarding job opportunities
Volunteer Coordinator of the Day Internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Science Center even though I did an Unpaid Internship. After I completed my internship I was offered job opportunities. I didn't need to be interviewed for the job just recommended by my supervisor.
Pros
Discounts to the museum & Imax theater
A workplace that inspires creativity and team work
Graphic Design Internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Working at the Science Center's multimedia department was a highly enjoyable experience. From day one I learned how to operate the printers and had the privilege to be part of an important department meeting. Work didn't seem just work, but every assignment was always a fun experience. Some of the things I loved the most were that every project involved working with the different departments from the Center (Marketing, Engineering, Membership, Sales) and that we had to work at a very fast pace. My co-workers were always helpful and polite. One of the hardest challenges during my time at the Science Center was to develop projects within a budget. I remember one project that involved building several standees for an exhibition. The materials had to be easy to cut, light-weighted, yet heavy enough for them to stand up. Overall, my experience at the Science Center was great. It is a place with a lot of opportunities to learn.
Pros
You get to enjoy the beauty of Balboa Park on your break time
Great work environment
CAFÉ TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2015
Respectful management, great staff, and beautiful location. Daily routines are sandwich making, prep, cleaning, barista, and provide great customer service.
Pros
Free Passes to other museums.
Cons
No pay raise. (Non Profit Organization)
Great place to be
I volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2015
it is a very lively place, hundreds of guests visit a day, it is a very fast pace and inclusive place. If you like to work with children then this is the place for you.
Pros
food discounts
Fun and friendly environment to work in.
Event Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJanuary 20, 2014
I developed communication skills, how to work with people and being in a fast paced environment. The people are friendly and make it enjoyable to work there.
Interactive environment with much educational potential.
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2013
I was responsible for all prior, current, and future clientele as far as acting as their main point of contact and ensuring that we met their every need for a successful meeting and/or event.

Corresponding with clientele via phone calls, e-mails, in person, and even through regular postage mail.

It was my responsibility to ensure that all of the appropriate information was relayed to all internal departments involved as well as my own production staff.

Finally, I was the acting Manager On Duty (MOD) during all events and responsible for the building during these hours.
Pros
Family-friendly environment, great staff, very cohesive group, great stepping stone.
Cons
No holidays, short hours, low compensation.
Great friendly environment and very productive.
Graphic Design Internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2012
Everyone is very friendly and make you feel at home and very comfortable. I had a nice area to work at and I was able to walk around the park during breaks for inspiration. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was working in the basement. Other than that I really enjoyed my time here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2