Rev Hoopes Trucking LLC

Working at Rev Hoopes Trucking LLC: 28 Reviews

United States28 reviews

payworkjobtimeemployeecompanyequipmenttruck

Won’t receive last weeks pay

Won’t pay last weeks pay, runs ya to death, don’t care about family, easy to haul containers, don’t care about your weight of truck. Yells at you all the time

Pros

Take truck home

Cons

No communication at all through the company

A Company You Can Grow With

I have been part of this company for many years, in that time i have moved up through the company while taking on the responsibility of many different positions. I would like to start off by telling you that i have personally dealt with the good, the bad and the ugly in the 7 years that i have worked here, as i'm sure anyone else out there that has worked for a company this long can attest to. Being an employee at this company means that you will never be bored, the environment is very fast paced, you are constantly learning new things and problem solving, which some people thrive at while with others this isn't one of their strong suites. Working for this company has given me the opportunity to "have fun" while at work. 2019 for example i was able to plan our company picnic as well as Hosted a Fall Festival Sponsoring the SPCA. The biggest thing that this company has taught me is dedication, Pushing yourself to achieve goals you never thought possible or even knew you had. Also, TEAMWORK, In the transportation industry if their isn't TEAMWORK their isn't a business, one hand is constantly relying on the other. If someone does their job incorrectly or slacks on completing their assigned task(s) the WHOLE operation can come to a screeching HALT. As i look through all of the reviews that have been posted on Indeed i see some that are accurate, some that are posted because someone is having a bad day & some that are just previous employees personally attacking the people who they worked alongside and didn't necessarily "agree" with. I have worked beside the owner for over -

Rev Hoopes Trucking LLC insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Do not recommend

As a long time resident of Potter County, this employer (and his brother) run very disorganized companies with very poor treatment of their employees and in general are very rude. These guys give a very poor name to the small community they reside in and provide very unstable job opportunities to the working class people they pretend to relate to. Do not support this very poorly thought out organization.

Pros

Cons

Pretty much everything

Current driver

I have been working here for 5yrs, I'm home daily and have my weekends off. Staying out occasionally 3 times a month, not a bad place to work, and family oriented. The company has grown pretty good over the last 5 years, over all it's a good place to work.

Fail.

No training. Forced to drive in hours violation. Never coordinate trailers and must take trailers from other drivers trucks. Frequent breakdowns that last hours unpaid. Poor maintenance of equipment.The only skilled competent mechanic is very busy and forced to maintain fleet at night by his self with no help. No dispatch assist after daylight unless it's the disrespectful yelling owner.

Do not leave where you are...

Absolutely awful place to work. They will let you go for no reason, owner and the safety manager aka his girlfriend are terrible. She is lazy and incompetent and he is rude and unprofessional. Save yourself the time and do not work here. They will treat you like dirt and you will be expected to pick up slack from others when they are no longer employed there.

Terrible working conditions

Terrible working conditions. No mechanic onsite. Company doesnt use roadside will leave you stranded to figure it out by yourself. Owner is rude and gets a thrill out of talking too you inappropriately. Only thing matters is just getting it in. Owner tries to force you to run illegally and cuts lots of corners. Sinking ship waiting to explode

Pros

Cons

Work maybe 1 or 2 days a week hopefully

working with old equipment

No mechanics to keep equipment maintained. Breakdowns are frequent. Dispatch is good. Can't lock your truck. New employees are not fully trained on the equipment they are using.

Very abusive workplace

Very bad management. Very stressful. Expected to learn things instantly with only getting half the information. Extreme abusive language and actions. Do not recommend at all.

it was a job

very hard work daily lots of overtime required always expected to give 110 percent with no recognition of job well done worked in and outside enviroments daily

Great place to work . Best pay in the are

I have been on a dedicated route for over 2 years . Im home every day and weekend ! . Making over 270$ a day. Hard to beat in the area. Love what i do

Pros

Driving brand new trucks that have good power

Best job in the area for being home every night a monkey could do this job

Woodland terminal $220 plus per day for this area is pretty decent new equipment drivers are super pampered you pick what you want to do never seen nothing like it

Pros

$1500 a week home every night

Cons

Other drivers don’t pay attention to the equipment

Less than acceptable

limited information, the company lacks communication in all aspects. Unfortunately the owner has great people whom he fails to employ instead only trusting himself to make decisions. This has lead to the greatest form of micro management I have ever been witness to. Pay is embarrassing at best however the company believes it is among the greats and that people would be able to retire with them.

Pros

home almost daily

Cons

Junk equipment, zero trust, micro management of everything done, poor pay

Alot of hours. Little pay

Expects to work above pay or means. No mechanics on sight wants u to fix your own equipment. Equipment not up to date.poor communication. Owner hard to get along with

Pros

Check guaranteed every week

Cons

Owner has anger problems, long hours, not allowed to be sick. Not family friendly

Poorly managed and not forthcoming with the total package

If you want only local port work Monday thru Friday with weekends off then this job is for you, providing you take the hourly rate for your pay. You will usually work 12 hour days but they could be longer or shorter based on the period. There is a very slow period from the middle of November to the middle of December that they don't tell you about when you get hired. There was no true mechanic on-site for tractors or chassis and equipment was not in top shape. The loads are sometimes loaded live but they don't pay for that time nor do they pay for detention at ANY port. There is sometimes a problem with loads going into the ports that have not been processed correctly. Just make sure you know what you're getting into!

Pros

Port work only, no regional or long-haul work

Cons

Low pay scale for per move pay, no detention pay, no live-load pay and sometimes problems with port deliveries

employer doesn't care

there was only one opinion that mattered and it was not that ppl that mattered. the job would have been great if issues would have not been ignored and addressed.

Potential is there...

But you’re always in fear of being fired without valid reason. Equipment isn’t properly maintained, safety concerns brought up were brushed off and not addressed, zero training, pay leaves something to be desired, squeezing +16 hour days into 14 hours is common. The potential for this company to be great is there, but you can’t have a great company if you cant or don’t want to keep employees. You can’t hire someone, not train them, throw them to the wolves & then fire them “because it’s not working out”, you also can’t expect anyone to run rundown equipment “that was just serviced” but had several DOT violations. Creative paperwork to make things look legal only means the driver looses $.

This place sucks

Was not properly trained and was left with no supervision they made me figure it all out on my own there are safety concerns then I brought her management attention they decided to do nothing about it and then fire me Management seems to think it’s OK to call they were employees and scream at them the loader operator pics and chooses what he wants to do because he says he doesn’t get paid enough to unload trailers

Pros

Nne

Cons

Not enough money for the way management treats their employees

Excellent company

Excellent company to work for, I've been here for 10 months and can't complain. Very understanding if you need to leave early or to take a day off. Family oriented. Usually know what you're doing that day in advanced. Trucks are maintained well and kept in good condition.

Super stressful!!!

I beleive that MAYBE there is potential i this company, but alot of change will have to happen FAST! Equipment is not taken care of at all. ALOT of down time because of drivers not caring about trucks/trailers. If you are down for repairs, there is no compensation for it. Pay is mostly per load, and downtime costs you money. Not enough equipment for the amount of work they have. Pay isn't great, even for what it is. They reason it with, " Your home everyday, right?" Really need to revamp ALOT of their way of doing things to be a contender for good drivers. The industry is waaaaay too easy to get better, better paying jobs. If you are a "foot on the floor all day driver, and don"t worry about your equipment, this is the place for you.

Pros

Home daily

Cons

too many to list

Awesome

Been here since the beginning week of January and have made me.feel like family since day 1. Great communication, great trucks, great dispatch people, great mechanics. Pay is very well. Highly recommend this career to anyone looking for not just a work environment but a family environment.

Official response from Rev Hoopes Trucking LLC

July 6, 2018
Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you are having a positive experience with us! We love happy employees and do our best to make sure you are all smiling everyday, even on the tough days that we know exist in this industry!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rev Hoopes Trucking LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits