Rev.com

Rev.com Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Rev.com
Very easy process of interview and hiring. This company gave me the opportunity to gain more experience as a General Transcriptionist.

It an easy job, since you correct and proofread what was written by others. Knowledge of grammar, punctuation and document format.
Work-Life Balance Flexibility
Working with Rev, I can pick and choose which types of files to transcribe and/or caption. Feedback is given pretty quickly, and pay is always on time. I love the flexibility of working with Rev, and would recommend it to others. The hardest part of the job is listening to different dialects.
Don’t work here
I’ve been working for Rev.com for several months and your ability to continue working for them depends on your rating and your rating depends on how a grader grades you. The grading is completely inconsistent. I’ve gotten one stars for minor errors and five stars for the same minor errors. When/If you file a grade dispute a “Quality Assurance” person will take a look... aka they will do absolutely nothing and keep everything the same. Don’t work for Rev.com. You’ve been warned.
Flexible work
Working for Rev.com has been both challenging and rewarding. You must be proficient at typing. The faster you can type with accuracy the more money you can make. The work is flexible; you can work as much or a little as you'd like. But keep in mind there are Revver's who work this job full time so it's harder to claim projects at lower levels.
Pros
Flexible, Fun projects, Relaxing, Be your own boss!
Cons
Little pay, small amount of jobs to choose from.
Below mediocre... time is money
It takes a VERY long time to make even a few decent bucks here to the point where any sane person needs to step back and consider how much value they place on their time. Time is priceless, invaluable and this company will not reward you for effort and they pay you as if your a slave. It's not even part time income. Long hours, zero benefits, horrible work, pennies for pay. Yes it's flexible that you can work whenever but it's not worth working several hours for $5... bit of a joke really
Pros
Cons
Slavery, zero money, no point, waste of life job
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Impossible to make decent money
Regardless of my intermediate typing skills and very high writing competency (PhD in Humanities), it was impossible for me to make more than $2-3 an hour if that much. The audio quality of the available video material was often insanely bad or the accent of the speakers really difficult to understand. I quickly realized that there was no realistic chance I could ever be able to make more than $3-4/hr even at a non-novice pay rate.

Since Rev.com requires no work authorization as long as you pass their test, and you get paid via PayPal, this company must rely on either desperate people unable to legally find work elsewhere or people living outside of the U.S. where the standard of living is much lower.

Don't waste your time on this unless you're absolutely desperate or living in a third world country!
Felt Underpaid but productive
It is fairly easy work to do, and you feel like you're getting a lot done. At the end of the day, the amount of time I have doesn't allow me to make a lot, since captions take so long.
Pros
Can work whenever
Cons
Low pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rev.com. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rev.com.