Rev.com

Rev.com Employee Review

Extremely low pay scale and a messed up system.
Revver (Former Employee) –  HomeDecember 4, 2019
Extremely low pay-scale for the amount of work you do. I'm a fairly fast typer and it would take me about 1 - 1 1/2 hours to finish a 20-minute video (after transcribing and syncing) and after that, you get about $11 dollars. The problem I ran into as well is they grade your work really well at the beginning and then start giving you poor marks for RIDICULOUS faults when you get close to becoming a "revver" to earn more pay.

Do yourself a favor and look for another company.

Other Rev.com Employee Reviews

Not bad, flexible work, pay's not great
Freelance Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2020
A lot of the available work is very difficult audio, which decreases your words per minute drastically, resulting in pretty low hourly rate. Also, I've had projects graded improperly. The corrections made to my project were far worse than my errors. It was eventually corrected, but I had to go through several people with my complaints.
Easily-accessible job for Freelance workers
Revver (Current Employee) –  Freelance; from homeJanuary 25, 2020
Rev is a fun and freeing company to work for. Once you pass a short assessment of your skills with speaking and writing English, grammar, punctuation, listening comprehension, etc, you're able to finish the learning process with Rev's captioning software and begin claiming captioning work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rev.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rev.com.

Powered by Comparably