Rev.com Employee Review

Interesting Freelance Work
Freelance Transcriptionist / Captioner (Current Employee) –  Freelance - work from homeDecember 5, 2019
Transcribing and captioning audio and video files can be very interesting but also very stressful. Pay is based on length of source material and not on length of time to transcribe / caption. Tough standards to maintain in order to retain status. Very difficult to move to higher level. 90% of customer files are poorly recorded and difficult to transcribe.
Management does seem to be addressing these issues slowly, but is aware of employee dissatisfaction.

Other Rev.com Employee Reviews

Not bad, flexible work, pay's not great
Freelance Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2020
A lot of the available work is very difficult audio, which decreases your words per minute drastically, resulting in pretty low hourly rate. Also, I've had projects graded improperly. The corrections made to my project were far worse than my errors. It was eventually corrected, but I had to go through several people with my complaints.
Easily-accessible job for Freelance workers
Revver (Current Employee) –  Freelance; from homeJanuary 25, 2020
Rev is a fun and freeing company to work for. Once you pass a short assessment of your skills with speaking and writing English, grammar, punctuation, listening comprehension, etc, you're able to finish the learning process with Rev's captioning software and begin claiming captioning work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rev.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rev.com.

Powered by Comparably