Rev.com

Rev.com Employee Review

Near impossible to transcribe
Beginner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2019
Better hurry tf up and claim a job that looks decent before it very, very quickly becomes unavailable. Jobs that looked decent to me as a beginner were a combination of being short in length and a higher audio quality score. I wasn't as concerned about how much I was getting paid as a beginner, just concerned about completing enough of the required jobs to advance to the next performance tier and increase my confidence.

I had to slow each recording down so I can capture as much as I could which is a good feature they have available. But the issue is that it is very hard to actually HEAR what people are saying for the vast majority of jobs I have EVER attempted to transcribe. It is so bad that it is pathetic and I have given up at this point.

I think you should still try it for yourself though.

Other Rev.com Employee Reviews

Not bad, flexible work, pay's not great
Freelance Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2020
A lot of the available work is very difficult audio, which decreases your words per minute drastically, resulting in pretty low hourly rate. Also, I've had projects graded improperly. The corrections made to my project were far worse than my errors. It was eventually corrected, but I had to go through several people with my complaints.
Easily-accessible job for Freelance workers
Revver (Current Employee) –  Freelance; from homeJanuary 25, 2020
Rev is a fun and freeing company to work for. Once you pass a short assessment of your skills with speaking and writing English, grammar, punctuation, listening comprehension, etc, you're able to finish the learning process with Rev's captioning software and begin claiming captioning work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rev.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rev.com.

Powered by Comparably