Rev.com Employee Review

The worst
Captioner (Former Employee) –  at homeNovember 29, 2019
I applied to this place thinking that it would be a great way to subsidize my day-job salary. I just graduated from school after 6 years, so I obviously have some major payments to make. I was super excited.

So I started my freelance work with Rev, super excited that they pay using PayPal rather than requesting my account information. Things were great for like the first week. I completed 9 videos and earned $100 (so obviously the pay per hour sucks but I need the money...).

And then it all went downhill from there.

After one week of being apart of the Rev team, I received an email stating that my account was indefinitely closed. The decision was final. There is no appeal process.

They said it was because my percentage of commitment was too low. It was 90% because I had to un-claim a video that had terrible audio quality. The metric is supposed to be weighed over 120 days. They gave me 7.

I also noted that after you receive your, "Yay, you've captioned over 100 minutes!" email, they start to grade SUPER hard. They pick on you for things that were never in their instructional guide, and they offer no explanation either.

Just the worst. Not only is this company completely unfair in terms of how much they pay people, they clearly have no standards when it comes to releasing people who do good quality work.

Anyways, I tried to sign up again using a different email address and was denied without any explanation. This company sucks.

Other Rev.com Employee Reviews

Not bad, flexible work, pay's not great
Freelance Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2020
A lot of the available work is very difficult audio, which decreases your words per minute drastically, resulting in pretty low hourly rate. Also, I've had projects graded improperly. The corrections made to my project were far worse than my errors. It was eventually corrected, but I had to go through several people with my complaints.
Easily-accessible job for Freelance workers
Revver (Current Employee) –  Freelance; from homeJanuary 25, 2020
Rev is a fun and freeing company to work for. Once you pass a short assessment of your skills with speaking and writing English, grammar, punctuation, listening comprehension, etc, you're able to finish the learning process with Rev's captioning software and begin claiming captioning work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rev.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rev.com.

Powered by Comparably

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?