Revature

Revature Employee Reviews

United States29 reviews
Featured review
Revature selected this as a representative review
Exceptional Opportunity to Learn and Grow
Very professional environment and good work culture. Opportunities are plenty. Work with and learn from talented and highly competent colleagues. Good senior management. They will be around you if you need anything or any help
Pros
Continuous learning, Opportunity to obtain individual certifications at no cost, Challenging work profile, Excellent collegues and Work on projects with F500 companies.
Cons
Training period is very intensive
Great Training Place after all
This place has challenge me enough to transform my mindset for success in tech world and got me ready by equipping me with all the current tools and technologies with in short period of time, and helped me through every steps of my career. can't be grateful enough that I made the choice to join them regardless of all these negative reviews people said about this place. At the end of the day, It all depends of what you're looking for in Life. I'd recommend a place like Revature for anyone who wants to get their foot into tech industry but has no prior experience.
Great company
I really like being part of Revature's unique business model that succeeds in launching technology careers for so many, every day. The work culture is great and really does celebrate diversity and inclusion. With rapid growth there are some bumps in the road, but also a lot of opportunity for growth. Revature offers great work/life balance and I enjoy being part of this team.
Providing Life Changing Opportunities
What I enjoy most about working at Revature is that we are changing people's lives for the better every day. It's so rewarding to hear from our associates that they went from not even being able to secure an interview to now having a solid technology career in an industry that will continue to grow for decades to come (not many industries can say that).

Since it is a growing company, the workplace culture is open and collaborative. Because of that, the transition to working remotely during the pandemic has been pretty smooth. There are also the usual growing pains but nothing out of the ordinary.
Can't beat that computer science graduate
You just graduated from college with a cs degree and you still go to revature making $7.50 Per hour till you get a job but don't worry they will teach you all the current api or you can just read a book or do tutorials since your a cs graduated I am pretty sure you know the basics?
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Decent place to start
Training is good and a good way to get your foot in the door. Not a long term solution unless you want to teach or work with the movement of contractors some how but good for what it is
Last Resort Only
Revature will train you and hold that training over your head until you are done with the contract ($20,000 to breach which one of my roommates ended up paying to take another job). The only benefit is that I learned technologies that will look good on my resume in the future.

I had to move three times across many states, they gave $500 for two of these moves and a $500 advance for one. You have no choice in where you land or with what company you end up with.

Some people end up with a good client, others don't. I ended up with a client that would be fighting among themselves on business calls with other contractors, and it was a complete mess. Work culture under the client and Revature was toxic and you are paid far below industry standard. They cut benefits and salary to you and every chance. I feel like 2 years of my life were hijacked and I regret ever signing on.
Training then shackles
Thrown into a high cost of living area they don’t deem high COL, zero to negative quality of life for 2 years. They do not care about you. At least two years of experience for a good job after? No, contracted out to do QA work, little respect, NOT development/engineering, good luck explaining substance on a resume. The training has the potential to be the equivalent of an accelerated masters degree if you’re a quality student, limited to personal gain, make of it what you will.
Pros
Training has potential if you let it, decent pulse on market, way above masters degree content.
Cons
Your life may go backwards, fast, for two years. You are a product they sell, they do not care about you.
February 6, 2020
We appreciate your feedback and the areas where we can improve. We take a vested interest in all of our employees, so we're sorry to hear your experience has been less than desirable. It's important to us that our employees feel valued and have the training/experience necessary to kickstart their careers in technology. Regarding the high cost of living issue, we'd love to hear more. Please send us an email at ceo-feedback@revature.com so we can look into it.
Last resort only
The training bootcamp offered by Revature was great. As a whole the company leaves a lot to be desired, between the lack of proper communication to the Forced relocation with little to no help it was a truly disappointing experience. For a person just starting out in the tech industry the pay they offer you would be fine if you are single and living at home but that wont happen. To keep the job you will have to relocate to where they want to place you. You will have to fend for yourself and with the lower salaries they offer you may have a very tough time.
If you really need a job and don't mind moving around go for it but if you want a stable job close to home look for better options.
January 9, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and input. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the training, as it's one of the factors that differentiates and prepares our employees for successful careers in tech. Our goal is to compensate our employees in a way that's favorable, which is why we offer paid training and defray relocation costs, both to training and the client's site. In the spirit of continual improvement, we are looking at ways to enhance our employee's experiences, and we'll be sure to include your feedback. If you have any additional comments or suggestions, please connect with us at ceo-feedback@revature.com.
Revature did change my life
Revature changed my life, yes. And somewhat for the better. There were many rough times, but overall, Revature propelled me in the direction that I wanted to go in, career-wise. I learned a lot of real workplace technologies and got to meet many new friends. I learned a lot at the company they chose me to work for. It is not easy, but it was worth it. Management and HR at Revature could be difficult, but overall, they were extremely helpful. The percentage compensation Revature takes from your paycheck seems absurd at first, but after 2 years, you will be compensated fairly. Overall a decent experience and I don't regret investing in it.
October 24, 2019
Thank you for the feedback and for sharing your story. We're thrilled to hear that we've changed your life and hopefully provided the opportunity that you needed to jumpstart your career.

Please keep in touch with us at ceo-feedback.com.

We'd love to hear how you progress!
Helps for new coders
Revature training camp helped me out a lot in understanding a true coding culture that I have not known about before. Not only it did I learn about the environment, I also learned about many different languages used.
September 24, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear about your experience and hope you'll keep in touch!
Overall - great concept and program - not a great company
see above - not a good structured company - good idea, good thoughts but poorly run and managed. Very tricky to know what is going on at any given time - not trustworthy
October 24, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We're continually striving to improve and would love to hear more. Please reach out to us at ceo-feedback@revature.com so we can connect.
Great intro into IT industry, did not always follow through - multiple false promises made. Was trained to be a Systems Admin and graduated as a Software Engineer, yet only to be offered Help Desk positions when I was promised to have a leg up because of my training and would be allowed to skip that those beginner level jobs and would be meeting with top rated fortune 500 companies only. Not the case for my batch and I.
Company that locks new grads in predatory contract
I did two years with Revature. You are locked in a two year contract where you are paid $50k/year with no ability to negotiate a higher salary. You have no say on where or with whom you are placed. If you quit your contract, Revature can come after you for $20k for their bootcamp training. The training lasts 10 weeks and is largely self-taught. Most of the trainers are former software developers with no prior teaching experience (the training is not worth $20k). You literally can be placed in a lead developer position or in a non-software developer role for two years and just have to tough it out for two years.
Cons
minimal pay for relocation, no say on where you work, $20k penalty for quitting
September 24, 2019
We're sorry to hear of your experience but appreciate the feedback. We're continuing to work hard to ensure that our salaries are competitive, which is why we're offering a 15% pay increase from year one to year two. This pay increase not only exceeds industry standards but also acknowledges their hard and excellent work.

Respectfully, we don't force anybody into a two-year agreement. We offer ten days where potential employees have the opportunity to get paid, train, and learn if Revature is the best avenue to advance their career. The mutually beneficial agreement allows us to invest in the growth and development of our employees while providing them with job stability.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you've found success.
I have been working at REVATURE full-time for More than two years
I have been working at REVATURE full-time for More than two years, I was referred by a friend and I feel thankful for being a part of the company. It’s a great place to work and the management team gives us good motivation, support and we have fun too. We have Very good trainers who train us both in technical and soft skills and help us to get into a project. Keep up your good work and thanks for your support.
Pros
motivating environment, encouraging management, fun loving staffs.
Cons
extended training period.
Great Place to Work
I am working with Revature LLC for almost 5 years now, it is indeed a great company to work with, very competitive work environment. Best people in the industry. Whether you are new to the workforce, or are a seasoned professional, or somewhere in between, you get a great chance to learn and grow as an individual.The people are outstanding and the culture focused on empowering college grads transform their work lives. Most of my co-workers were easy to get along with.The processes are very well established and refined often. I learned something new every day. Fast pace IT Training and Deployment environment. Great teaming. Good management.
Optimistic environment
Revature is a great place to work. I feel thankful for being a part of the company. That motivation is everything, I'am proud of the company's vision and mission.The management team is smart, empathetic and involved. Good work life balance at Revature and I would recommend Revature to anyone who wants to be part of a fast paced environment.
Pros
Unique training process, getting paid during training and fun loving environment
Cons
Nothing as such
I have been working at Revature full-time (Less than a year)
I joined Revature fresh out of college. They have a good process in place for hiring. The initial screening was hard to get in, but once you are in they take care of you from training to placement. Good work culture and environment. Good compensation to start your career. I recommending Revature to friends.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Employee friendly
Cons
Little more technology training would be better
A great jump start to a career in software development
Great company especially for people who want to transition their careers or need more training and help with an entry level software engineer position.

Free training is definitely a plus but it's hard work. It was understandable because there's just way too many topics to cover within a 16 week period. Social life went out the door during training but in the end it was all worth it.
Pros
Great training, great jump start to a career, a whole team searching for jobs for you, free/paid training
Cons
Long hours, difficult training, made a little less than typical entry level developer
Ok for starting out
They do offer training and find you a job but you are locked in a 2 year contract with consequences when you break it. HR is pretty lackluster with their response time.
Look elsewhere for work
You do not want to work for this company. They will refuse to pay you for hours worked, will force you to move across the country with as little as a week's notice, and will not respond to your questions for HR. Training last 10-12 weeks, then you are forced to work for them for two years, no matter where in the US they tell you to move.