Revature

Revature insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

If you cannot get a tech job based on experience this is the place to be

Revature will pay you (Minimum wage) to train for their 8-12 week program for either software engineering or Business Systems analysis program. You will have a 2 year contract with them that starts out after you get placed in a company. Training was intense 8 hour per day 5 days per week. You can either have fun or hate it (it really just boils down to how you look at things) . If you pass their training program you have a great chance being placed on a contractor role for a fortune 500 company. If you perform well on that job there will be a great chance that the company you got placed in will take you in full time in a year or after your Revature contract. Pay is not great but it is also not bad. Take this to literally be a stepping stone for a career in software development. DO NOT WORRY IF YOU FAIL DURING TRAINING OR YOU CANNOT FIND A PROJECT BECAUSE THEY WILL JUST RELEASE YOU FROM THE 2 YEAR CONTRACT IF THEY SEE THAT THEY WILL NOT MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU.

Pros

8 paid holidays and PTO accruals, Great start if you are struggling to find a job. Paid training to jump start your career

Cons

2 year contract and bad hr

Not bad Not Good

Pay was too low for the job you have done. You will sign some agreement which totally unfair and block your future. You will learn something in the training. After you get selected by some company. you'll feel stressful and low pay and far away from your home.

Pros

Low pay, relocate, stressful job

Cons

Training, pay on time ( very low )

Great Opportunity and Learning Experience

I enjoyed my time with Revature. During training the company is invested in your success and provides a lot of help and resources to get you there! However, be prepared to learn a lot - training can be intensive.

Pros

Learning opportunity, management

Terrible place to get trained at. Go somewhere else.

This lies about many things and uses predatory contracts to keep you in terrible jobs. You are also underpaid. If you are desperate for work in software development, it is best you go the self-taught route.

For the entry level professional without other options

If you have a degree and/or have good networking skills, you can possibly forgo Revature and similar contracting agencies to work for a company directly. Otherwise, Revature *can* be a decent place to build your resume for a couple years. You will have to sacrifice some mobility freedom and pay, but personally the pay rate is good enough for me, as a 2nd year dev making 60k. And since you'll be working with the tools/technologies they will train you on, which varies; hopefully you'll learn something interesting with a good career outlook.

Pros

They'll give you a chance if no one else will

Cons

No choice in what skills you will learn to use on the job, lack of geographical freedom

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

You are a Product if you work here and sometimes that's ok. Just don't be a product forever.

Life at Revature remotely is pretty nice. I essentially get paid to learn. Revature readies me up for a client to work for and I quite enjoy it. I got selected and placed with a fortune 500 company. The training was rough but I was able to push through. Not everyone pushes through which may make you feel like probably won't but everything will be fine as long as you don't give up.

Pros

Get paided to learn, Get placed with a fortune 500 company.

Cons

Low Pay

Very brutal 12 week Training, but if you make it you're golden!

Revature is a great place to get into software development, they will provide you with all the training you need to succeed. They will hire you for entry-level software development with no experience. Understand very carefully what this means though: the first 12 weeks are BRUTAL training. 40 hours of classwork per week+ Projects and independent study. (about 20 to 40 hours)Not everyone will make it through training.About 25% to 50% will wash out of each class (I washed out in week 10, but I still think Revature is a great opportunity and I learned so much and met so many awesome people!)There is a contract. You can be relocated an infinite amount of times. (This is very rare, most people will be relocated only once or twice). Read it before you sign it. Understand everything it entails. So, do A LOT of research on this company and know what you're getting into. They are very upfront about all of this, they tell you everything honestly and openly because they want you to succeed with them. You will NEED to be able to work with people. You will NEED help from your PEERS. In the 2 months I worked for them, they treated me with more respect and enthusiasm than my last job did in 15 years. I would recommend them.

Pros

No experience necessary, Free training for software developer, 95% percent placement rate in the industry if you complete the training, Focused and driven company, Get your foot in the software developer door, Good pay once you land a client.

Cons

First 12 weeks is INTENSE and paid at minimum wage, (But honestly you'd pay 20k or more for the training they offer you so it's a pretty good deal, especially if done remotely), Might not be a good fit if you're already IN the software industry.

A great way to get your career started

If you are looking to make a career entry into tech and don't know where to start then Revature is definitely the right company for you. The 10-week training program they give you is superb and the staff there couldn't be more supportive of your career advancement goals. The downside is you will be locked in for 2 years, and afterward, they don't have much of a space for you to grow after that. But still, definitely, a great place to start out at.

Pros

Will Take Anyone with a 4 Year Degree, Friendly Coworkers

Cons

Pay is very rigid, Underpaid for what you could be earning elsewhere

Okay environment

Depending on who you interact with & who you get as an instructor for the training, it can be either very good or very bad. Either way, the training is intense & there's no time in class to learn it all (you will have to do your own studying).

Great office with great vibe

Fun position, great management, great vibe. I enjoying logging in daily, working to find deserving candidates employment with our top clients. This job is very rewarding and I'm happy to be a part of this team!

Jobs at Revature

See more jobs

Too productive and fun overloaded

Revature is very good in identifying our skills and giving exposure of many things. Will get a very good workplace culture. Team leads will have a great knowledge on guiding everyone. I love be a part of Revature family.

At the mercy of wherever you end up

- training provided- at mercy of whatever company at end- help desk often unresponsive, online support also takes months to respond- can be placed high cost living with low wage- depending on company, terrible work life balance- covid causes issues with being assigned to projects, causing early termination- read the contract many many times to know what you've signed up for

Cons

lack of care from management, placed in high cost living with low wage, I've been terminated from lack of projects

Good, but extremely hard... at first

I just finished my training period here at Revature as part of a very SPECIFIC program, after failing an initial tech interview and having to prove myself in an unpaid batch, and I can say a lot about this place. First, it is definitely worth working here. I felt like I was helped to learn a lot of skills I didn't have before, including using that technology and others (for example, I came in with almost no experience with Java whatsoever). I became friendly with my batch, I feel like I was introduced to a really good new project, and honestly left with a sense of accomplishment with our last project.HOWEVER, first few weeks are AWFUL. Its so quick paced I had to study an extra 4-5 hours a night to keep up, your projects are rough at first, I absolutely developed a sense of Imposter Syndrome from this. To top it off, you get paid minimum wage (for your state, thank god, not based on the US minimum) and you will feel serious stress before you get the better pay when you onboard with a company. HOWEVER, if you are willing to go through all that, you learn a lot and come out a much stronger programmer (in my case, I came out of it AS a programmer lol). Literally more than half my batch quit before signing the contract after finding out how hard training could be, and about a fifth of the original size left after them before that.Some additional things: yes, they will move you out somewhere eventually. There is a really good chance you'll be bought out of your contract by whoever they onboard you with for A LIT AMOUNT OF CASH.TLDR: If you're looking for a 9-5 with good pay -

Pros

Good environment, good training

Cons

It's like grad school level studying for a degree, but without actually getting a masters

Hard working team, meaningful work, exciting opportunities

I started at Revature in October 2020 and have found the experience to be rewarding. The company is full of smart, hard working people that really care about the work they do, collaborate well, and are trying to do better work each day. There's a sense of an exciting future with management engaging in new projects to modernize the training and platforms as well as marketing and culture. Revature works hard to be better and it's a nice place to learn and grow.

Pros

meaningful work, friendly people, collaborative environment

Cons

you have to be self-directed and motivated

Amazing Opportunity to Get Into The Technology Field

Revature provides a great opportunity to get into the technology industry by providing paid training and client placement for associates. It was what ultimately got me in the door to the technology field, which absolutely transformed my entire life's trajectory. It was definitely one of the greatest opportunities I have had to truly invest in my skills and knowledge as well as providing an actual career opportunity to go with it. As long as you are willing to commit for 2 years to working with Revature's clients, it is a great opportunity that will reap dividends years and decades down the road when coupled with continuous learning.

Pros

Good training, a chance to get introduced to modern technologies, gets you started with a lifelong journey of learning

Cons

Training can be tough and grueling, but worth it in the end

Continuous Growth and Learning

Revature Provides numerous opportunities to grow and develop your knowledge and skills. I continuously learn new things about myself and my ability to present information, and work with other members, as well as new technologies and skillsets that I can use in the future.

Revature is a good company, just a few growing pains

Revature has always been a good group. Everyone is friendly and professional. A typical day, depending on the season is fairly busy and there is never a shortage of work items to be done. I've learned a lot about the tech industry with this job, a lot about higher ed, and I have even learned a lot about myself. The management at Revature is pretty good. They take their jobs very seriously and are always willing to lend a hand to their respective teams in a pinch. The workplace culture is one of my favorite parts of Revature. Everyone is so respectful and always interested in hearing what you have going on in your own life. I've made a few really great friends since starting with Revature. The hardest part of the job, I'd have to say is communication. Just when you think Revature has its duck all in a row, there is a breakdown in communication (usually between departments and not within the departments themselves). Usually, these comm faults aren't a huge issue, but it always feels like there could be much better communication in place. Particularly with batch changes, presentation updates, staging onboarding, and sometimes seeming routine tasks are forgotten or changed without many words as to why. I am, by no means, the best communicator either, but that is what I believe to be Revature Achillies' Heel. Then the most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of helping people. I was in a similar situation as the trainees and Revature took a chance on me. We help people like me get jobs and start a meaningful career in a field that they are passionate about. While I wish the -

Pros

Great people, Meaningful work, Great for learning more about tech, great entry positions

Cons

Pay could be higher, No company match on 401k, communication needs work

Unique and welcoming workplace with ample opportunity

Welcoming environment encouraging diversity of thought and perspectives. High-growth, exciting space addressing in-demand tech challenges to create future IT professionals. Unmatched opportunities for individuals serious about pursuing a career in technology.

Pros

So much opportunity for individuals to positively impact their careers.

Cons

As with any fast-growing tech company, there are evolutions on the path toward continued growth, This shouldn’t be a surprise given the degree of innovation Revature is bringing to the IT space.

Excellent people - still growing

Revature as a whole has come a long way from what it once was and is continuing its efforts in addressing long-standing issues and actively works to address people's concerns. While it may appear slow going, it is there nevertheless and that should be noted. Perhaps the best part of the job is the individuals you get to work with along the way. Everyone is driven, caring, filled with goodwill and above all else you will learn something from each person. You also get the added benefit of helping others enter into the industry and get a chance to shine.The hardest part of the job is the growing pains, and sometimes feeling like your efforts go unnoticed. Compensation can be a bit tricky as well for different departments along with the work associated with your position.For those going in for training roles or other department areas, there is the ability to grow, but it's important for each person to identify their career goals before jumping into the deep end - since it may not be suited for everyone long term.

Pros

Excellent Community, Ability to Learn and Grow

Cons

Growing pains, compensation/workload

Great place to work!

This is a highly collaborative, inclusive, flat organization that hires good, smart people who want to work hard and have fun at the same time. We have a highly supportive management team that truly cares about people. We are growing quickly which brings new challenges and growth opportunities to everyone within the team. The hard part is finding new top talent quickly enough to support our growth.

Great culture and opportunity

I love working at a place where I not only love my work but enjoy the people around me. Revature's culture is friendly, appreciative, and inclusive. Highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revature. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Revature.
Powered byComparably

Compare Revature with

Learn about Revature in popular locations

• Revature