Revere Smelting and Refining

Revere Smelting and Refining Employee Reviews

Production environment with opportunity to move up
Great job, extreme heat conditions, cold temperatures in the winter- it’s all about production. It’s fun, can be competitive, and it has it perks. It’s all about what you have to contribute that will make the difference in your RSR life.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Heat, cold
Great
Very well astablished work place.there is a brotherhood feel working there everyone watches each other's back to prevent injury overtime is there if wanted overall great place to establish roots
Hard work in refinery department
Great pay , work life balance horrible especially for a newer person , the place is all about who you know not what your work ethic offers , there’s different departments and the hardest is refinery it’s extremely hot and tiring , no weekends off unless you go they other departments, best bet to work here if you know someone
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Days off, no pto, weather conditions are very uncomfortable
ok place to work
over all Revere Smelting was an ok place to work at time poor management not checking on their employees sitting in offices watching cameras and the only time they came out is when something went wrong when it was too late poor maintenance on equipment that's my opinion.
Pros
safety lunches and bonus
Cons
health benifits
fast pace
you have to do your job fast and accurate if there is something wrong with your job you get in trouble and they hold a meeting with in your group to point out what you did wrong, but also how you can not make that mistake again.
Pros
pay
Cons
felt like I was always at work never felt relaxed
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The company sucks
Don’t take this Job...very dangerous and pathetic job management is the worst and the couture is bad inside of this job..so many different thing wrong with this company...Don’t take this Job... the ceo is the worst
Great Place to work
Love the people here and the atmosphere. Everyone is fair and is willing to help you out. There is plenty room for advancement and the benefits are very competitive.
Pros
company incentives, bonus, comoany picnic
Very difficult work environment. High temperatures. Can be forced to work up to 52 hours a week. Pay and benefits are very good. Management makes you feel like your easily replaceable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Revere Smelting and Refining?
A different line of work than most other workplaces.
Working for RSR was definitely an experience. As a refinery operator I worked the hardest job physically of my life. Extreme heat and heavy strain on arms and legs was just a part of the job. It took mental toughness to get through the work day until my body got accustomed to the grueling physical demands of the job. The occupational hazards included the high probability of heat exhaustion, exposure to lead and other hazardous materials, risk of being burned working in proximity to molten lead and various pinch points throughout the work stations. That being said, safety was the upmost priority for management at the company. All P.P.E. was supplied to the workers and constant water breaks were encouraged to avoid heat exhaustion while out on the work area. The job was hard, it paid well and there was always opportunity for overtime.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
very hard physical work, lead exposure can be detrimental to health
A different type of culture
poor structure, lack of honesty and ownership. Upper management is not open to suggestions or facts, hardest part of the job is working with the management group due to they do not like to be proven wrong, RSR firmly believes because you have been with the company for a long time your an asset even in not knowing your job.

Enjoyed watching my system and processes improve the teams I was managing. Enjoyed the work force under me as they were very receptive and willing to learn a new system.
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Expect your personal life to be placed on hold.
A poor place to work
A poorly managed and high stress job environment management stress safety first but routinely override safety concerns to improve production. Rules are changed to meet production goals but used against employees when management chooses
Doesn't get much better
This is one job where I really enjoyed going to work every single day. There isn't much more that RSR could do to make my job any better than it was. This company really knows how to take care of its employee's, and once you are in, do you work, and you will be able to retire from here. No doubt about that.
Pros
Great work culture. Excellent Management Staff.
Cons
Insurance is a bit high
tough
Very rough evironment. A lot of hazardous locations.If you don't pay attention you will get hurt severely injured. It is steady work if you need it.
Intense elements
Very Hard work, very good pay. Extreme heat during summer, and extreme cold during winter. lots of PPE requirements. Overall the pay is good, but the work is too difficult for most people.
Work, Work, Work
This is a 24 hour a day operation. You are expected to come to work even if you are scheduled off, or on vacation. Good luck scheduling vacations around their reline schedule as well.
Pros
Would be great money if you only actually worked 45 hours per week
Cons
Job comes before everything else in your life. Not worth the stress
Great opportunity to learn a trade
Revere Smelting and Refinery is a great place to learn a trade in Heavy Equipment Operation. They train you on various machines to get you started.
Pros
Great pay and bonuses
Cons
Very Hazardous
Revere is a very nice place to work for. If I did not relocate i would have stayed until I retired.
Every day was a learning experience for me. I was taught how to do ISO 9001 Audits so I did those when needed, I was also trained in the Safety aspects of that company. I always wanted to learn more so I was offered more throughout my time there.
Pros
Overtime availability, chances for advancement.
Cons
Better work environment.
Very intense working environment
Working with molten lead creates all sorts of safety and environmental issues. Company is very proactive to try and control these drawbacks.
Pros
high salary
Cons
very hazardous to the individual