Revival Homecare Agency Employee Reviews

Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 21, 2019
Grat company to work for. Compensation is a little on the lower end of most companies, but still competitive. Great management team. There ware always staff meetings and educations when new initiatives were started in the company. Overall, great company to work for.
Workplace Culture
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 16, 2018
I find each day to be different, but a good different. Health care is constantly evolving, and we must evolve with it. My manager is awesome, and easy to work for/with. The owners are supportive. I've found them to be approachable and good resources as I ramp up in my role. The office is laid back, and all of us in the office are able to laugh and joke throughout the day. The work can be stressful but we are able to talk it out, collaborate on solutions, and leave each day knowing that we did a good job.
Pros
Plus** Our manager keeps the pantry stuffed with goodies like popcorn, chips, cookies, snacks, fruit, and yogurt. Our Keurig is always fully stocked.
Cons
Healthcare costs are higher than average
Don't Waste Your Time
Intake Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 17, 2018
Not a great place to work. No health insurance. The owners will drive you crazy. No job advancement or bonuses. Even if you are qualified for a different job, you will not get the raise or recognition.
Pros
Free food and paycheck
Cons
Everything else.
Great Company
Richmond Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 28, 2017
I truly enjoyed working here as a Marketer in the Richmond area. I had a wonderful office staff that I worked with daily, and a company owner that believed in my abilities as a leader and manager of my area. Unfortunately, I had to move due to family, but they truly are a great company to work for, regardless of what other reviews might say. Great Company!!!
Pros
Trust and belief in your abilities as a professional
Great, family oriented, encouraging work place
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 13, 2017
I just started in November and I'm very happy with my decision to work here. Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging. Some of the things I love about working here thus far is the minimum amount of stress and that my boss is not a micro-manager. I'm able to work at my own pace and set things up for my own understanding. I have learned alot so far and look forward to what lies ahead in my career here!
Pros
stocked break room, friendly staff, non-stressful, benefits
Opportunity for growth for those who work hard...
Manager in Clinical Department (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VA and Ashland, VANovember 30, 2017
Revival Homecare Agency is great place to work for those who are focused on their careers and willing to work hard for the agency. The environment is fast paced and there is always something to do so all employees must be on their toes and working proficiently throughout the day. I have learned a lot from the agency and the owners. You do have to be focused and driven and willing to put in your full effort to be successful here. Not everyone is cut out for it.
very inspiring
clinical records associate (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 25, 2017
Revival has been fun to work at. The work environment was good. I enjoy working at Revival as i know i am contributing for the well being of patients who need care ,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
coffee time
Do not even think about it.
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 12, 2016
I would avoid this agency at all costs because they are beyond bad. There are no managers just owners that like to control everything. Another thing I found bad was the hours, they offer a salary for 80 hours biweekly but expect you to do 140 hours biweekly. Many times you will be doing work from home and unpaid of course. They are rude and disgusting.
Pros
Cons
Everything is wrong
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 10, 2016
I have been working with the company since 2011, and the company has given me a lot of opportunity to grow.
I have been getting phone calls from the patients as well saying good things about the clinicians that were sent to them, as well as on how the initial phone call from the office staff.
Flexible schedules, and offers great benefits as well!
Pros
Flexible schedules, and offers great benefits as well!
Cons
The work is never ending
No career growth
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 8, 2015
I don't want to say anything negative because you can read the reviews below and really capture the essence of this company.

I feel I was mislead, lied to, and I really didn't speak out my feelings/thoughts with anyone, like others have. I tried to put out a positive image about this company to existing employees and former employees, an image that never existed but I believed the company will grow for the better.

I was paid what I thought was a reasonable amount based on the owners better judgement, until I realized many employees in the company with little to no real experience were receiving in excess of $100,000+ and that really upset me because I thought they were sincere with me and assessed my knowledge, experience, and skills to produce better services for the company. But these people lied to my face and claimed they care about me at the same time.
Secondly, there is a preference selection of certain individuals that have been receiving outrageous bonuses quarterly and those individuals produce nothing for the company. I honestly don't think its those employees that are the problem, because good, honest, hardworking people are not appreciated at this company and will not be valued on any level. And the employees that produce nothing and have a friendship with the owners and are the most likely to speak negatively about the very owners that have paid their outrageous salaries are the most valued.

In closing, if you are hardworking, and worked all your life and developed experience, skills, and want to feel valued, I would NOT recommend you work here. However,
  more... if you are an actor, that has no experience, greedy, and do not know the value of hard work because you can convince anyone with deception and lies, you will be very successful here, in fact, the owners will even bring your entire family to work for the agency because they value this type of creativity. Not only that, you can expect extra benefits on the side: free car, huge checks, and even illegal ways to evade taxes.

I strongly recommend you assess your proper value and put that on the table and stay firm to that, do not let them lower your expectations or otherwise move on. There are many employees that have worked here with high school experience earning $60k & $70k, do not low ball yourself, I made that mistake.

I want to leave you with a piece of advice, the owners really don't care about your future. You will be undervalued and once you find out, you were cheated on with verbal lies, you will feel like your best friend stabbed you and suddenly wants to be your friend again.
Pros
Small office
Cons
Owners
Worst Company in the State of Virginia
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 3, 2015
This company is owned by a few individuals that are greedy, uneducated, and a disgrace to home care for any patient. Their primary objective is to achieve money from unethical, immoral, and at times illegal management practices.

Since working here, I witnessed 12 people resign in under 90 days, that is 12 skilled professionals with years of experience just resign after working and being exposed to the humiliating environment of bullying to increase patient referrals day after day or risk being terminated. Patient care is delayed, medical supplies are poorly ordered for patients, patient care is secondary after revenue. Many patients with non-medicare insurance are turned down due to a low profit margin.

Marketing is heavily rewarding if you can bribe, solicit, and persuade medical facilities to give you patient referrals through questionable tactics.

HR is a mess to say the least, cabinets are unsecured containing sensitive information, patient and email files are shared through unsecured communication channels. Employee charts, files, and private information is discussed openly with any employee. Office supplies are a luxury good here, chairs are ripped, desks are cracked and broken, cabinets have no keys, cables are hanging all over the office, office computers are old and slow, scanners and printers never work, keys are lost always.

The owners are uneducated, one claims to be a doctor but has no medical license from ANY state in the United States of America.

If you plan to spend 1-4 years working here and then resign and go somewhere else, plan to also have
  more... a thought out exit strategy, the owners will defame you and will bad mouth you with anyone and everyone.  less
Pros
Free Water
Cons
No Insurance, Low pay, unpaid annual/sick leave, broke printers, micromanaging owners
No career here
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 25, 2015
BE CAREFUL!!!

Revival Home Health Care Agency maintains very unprofessional rigid management in their Virginia offices.

You will learn that they market their business in an unethical ways. They only care about admissions counts you brought to their business, regardless of your position!

Payroll is mostly inaccurate and delayed. Employment turnover is tremendously high. Don't expect training or development at any employment level. Managers are aggressive, though, they will politely requesting you to download some applications on your smart device to track your location.

Most of their ex-employees (walked out or fired) were disqualified from unemployment benefits. Most of their contracted clinicians stopped dealing with them because of recurrences on delayed and disputed pays.

"MONEY HUNGRY" candidates, your employment is guaranteed with this unethical chaos environment!
Pros
learn about new work environment
Cons
no healthcare, no training, no benefits, no unemployment.
Extremely Unprofessional
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 8, 2014
Unfortunately, professionals who come to work for Revival only stay for a few months. Once they are exposed to company practices, they leave which leaves Revival with mostly unprofessional workers. Company practices: failure to pay clinicians for hours worked, failure to abide by terms of contract, not paying for in-services, promising patients services they can not provide, promising clinicians a certain number of patients they can not provide, little/no training/orientation, focus only on quantity not quality, etc. I do not recommend working for this company.
Worst place to work!!! I would rate them a zero if that was an option.
THEY NEVER GAVE ME A TITTLE (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDApril 3, 2013
Place is very unorganized. Patient and employee's personal information are not kept secure and always misplaced. Boss talks to you disrespectfully. Director of Nursing is very rude and likes to micromanage. Employees aren't paid based on their work, they are paid based on if they like you or you are a relative. The company doesn't have clear goals and vision for the company. Three owners of the company do not get along or agree on anything. They couldn't agree on what job they wanted me to do so everyday, i was to do something different. They do not train. No benefits!!! They lie about everything, forge signatures, and make up documents as needed. They will fire you for personal resons! I hope they get audited very soon because they will fail due to being noncompliant. Paychecks are never ready on time. You have to wait until they hand you your paycheck. Overall, worst job i ever had, so bad i deleted it of my resume. A big waste of my time.
Pros
none at all
Cons
everything...stay away!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revival Homecare Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8