Revolution Foods Employee Reviews

Flexible and fun job
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2019
I liked the flexibility of the hours and I got along well with my superior and the pay was great. The only downside is that the events were far and few between.
The company valued the employees and provided free meals to all.
Culinary/Purchasing Manager & Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Revolution Foods' culture is to help the community and its employees. Had the opportunity to work with employees who had past criminal records, and helped them make a positive change in their lives. The company's mission is to provide healthy school meals and to help foster change in how one eats. Goal to live a healthier lifestyle.
Pros
Free meals and resources to learn more.
Cons
Company growth was outpaced by capacity output.
needs major over hauling
dispatch (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 10, 2019
the place is a mess from the inside out. was there 1 day and would never go back. moldy food they are packaging to school children. they don't pay anywhere near enough to survive on. all the management is new and inexperienced they don't need management they need JESUS. they are trying to change the culture but its not working. they don't pay anywhere near enough for the amount of blood sweat and tears you put in.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXJanuary 9, 2019
I really love working for them. Even though the job is fast paced, I still enjoy what I do. I love serving food to the kids and interacting with them all
nice place to work
Road Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 28, 2018
the company had the goal in mind. the kids are important in their view, which is great. but at the cost of others is where i disagree. one should not replace the other
Pros
free lunches
Cons
issues not addressed
Needs to train people.
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 28, 2018
Needs to invest in training for all team members. Hands on training only which makes a lot of errors for partners and lost contracts. There is a boys club mentality. Everyone likes to throw eachother under the bus instead of working together for the common goal.
Fun work place with friendly people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 7, 2018
Revolution foods was a growing company and i was happy to be apart of the crew. The only issue was that the company was relocating to boston and nj were losing their contracts
Pros
Free lunch good people
Cons
No union low payment
To obrain a position in your organization that will utilize my experience and work ethics to your operation.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 4, 2018
While working at Revolution Foods it was different I would be making lunch deliveries to the schools this was something that enjoyed doing and learned from.
Pros
Job Experiences
Cons
Verable Abruse
Okay place for temporary employment.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 30, 2018
At Revolution Foods Inc., there is a healthy workplace environment.
The expansion capabilities are tremendous. I do believe the expansion is far beyond the actual building.
Pros
Company moving upward with the demand of the mission.
Cons
Management out of touch with the reality of the it's employees.
the people are cool but you cant make enough to live
Kitchen Staff and Driver/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Landover, MD 20785October 13, 2018
revolution food is a good job if you have a very bad criminal record if not its a waste of time.you will never get ahead in revolution foods unless you work in the office.i donk know how it is now tho as I haven't worked their in a while
Pros
cool co workers
Cons
you will never make enough to live comfortably on your own
Fun place to work
Data System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXOctober 1, 2018
Great people , environment.

advancement opportunities within the workplace.

friendly staff , people are funny , great to get along with.

Love to learn and great training.

good place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare good
They have the best food.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 7, 2018
He beat food service I think in my Opinion. Fast food service. Management is great. We get discounts on foods and free game play. They always have different party events And other Activities
great experience
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, I had the chance to help needy families with children attending afterschool programs.
It wasn't just about my job, it was about my community and revolution foods definitely stands by its name ( REVOLUTION )
Benefits
Cons
Need more of these type of companies
Revolution Foods is a great company. I would recommend this to a beginner truck driver.
Driver (Former Employee) –  1629 Columbia Park Road Cheverly, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Revolution Foods is a great company. I enjoyed the work. The hours are very early in the day and the schedules are set. The routes are set as well if you are assigned to one. If not then you will be a floater which is not so appealing because your day can never be planned. Aside from that, the job is a thumbs up.
Pros
Pay, Staff
Cons
Amount of Hours, Floating
Hectic work pace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 20, 2018
My working experience with revolution food was ok I. He’d to constantly work over time even when I had child care issues. Wasn’t my worst work environment.
Fun work place , a place to grow...
Sr. Director of Operations (East Coast Operations) (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 14, 2018
Revolution food is a fun and exciting place to work. Team development. Every day was an adventure. Great people giving them all a second chance , always touching someone life.
Rev Foods
Customer Service; Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 7, 2018
Working conditions are horrible (lack of heat,air,plumbing). VERY short staff. When knowledge staff is hired, they are disrespected.
They do poor evaluation when hiring employees. 75% of staff are temps.
They serve poor quality food to schools, rec centers, etc...
rewarding
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 31, 2018
It's great to work in schools with underprivileged kids who don't have access to healthy foods and introduce foods that are kid friendly but healthy. We work together as a team from kitchen staff to the driver delivering the meals to insure all kids eat everyday!
Fast Paced
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 22, 2018
HACCP, GMP knowledge required. Lean Manufacturing, Willing to work long hours. Multitasking, Manage a diverse workforce, Flexibility to adjust to priorities.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Revoultion foods
Food server (Former Employee) –  Boyle Heights, CAJuly 18, 2018
Respectfully and professionally encourages K-8th grade kids to eat. Follows reheating instructions and fills out proper documentations upon completion. typical work day was preparing and serving kids lunch. I learned to practice more patience with both my children and co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revolution Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight