Revolution Foods Employee Reviews

great experience
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, I had the chance to help needy families with children attending afterschool programs.
It wasn't just about my job, it was about my community and revolution foods definitely stands by its name ( REVOLUTION )
Benefits
Cons
Need more of these type of companies
Revolution Foods is a great company. I would recommend this to a beginner truck driver.
Driver (Former Employee) –  1629 Columbia Park Road Cheverly, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Revolution Foods is a great company. I enjoyed the work. The hours are very early in the day and the schedules are set. The routes are set as well if you are assigned to one. If not then you will be a floater which is not so appealing because your day can never be planned. Aside from that, the job is a thumbs up.
Pros
Pay, Staff
Cons
Amount of Hours, Floating
Hectic work pace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 20, 2018
My working experience with revolution food was ok I. He’d to constantly work over time even when I had child care issues. Wasn’t my worst work environment.
Fun work place , a place to grow...
Sr. Director of Operations (East Coast Operations) (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 14, 2018
Revolution food is a fun and exciting place to work. Team development. Every day was an adventure. Great people giving them all a second chance , always touching someone life.
Rev Foods
Customer Service; Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 7, 2018
Working conditions are horrible (lack of heat,air,plumbing). VERY short staff. When knowledge staff is hired, they are disrespected.
They do poor evaluation when hiring employees. 75% of staff are temps.
They serve poor quality food to schools, rec centers, etc...
rewarding
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 31, 2018
It's great to work in schools with underprivileged kids who don't have access to healthy foods and introduce foods that are kid friendly but healthy. We work together as a team from kitchen staff to the driver delivering the meals to insure all kids eat everyday!
Fast Paced
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 22, 2018
HACCP, GMP knowledge required. Lean Manufacturing, Willing to work long hours. Multitasking, Manage a diverse workforce, Flexibility to adjust to priorities.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Revoultion foods
Food server (Former Employee) –  Boyle Heights, CAJuly 18, 2018
Respectfully and professionally encourages K-8th grade kids to eat. Follows reheating instructions and fills out proper documentations upon completion. typical work day was preparing and serving kids lunch. I learned to practice more patience with both my children and co workers.
I really liked working at Rev
Lead Server (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working for revolution, I loved the hands on work with the kids and preparing breakfast and lunch for all the students and just talking to them to see if they liked their food if not what can we do to change what they didn't like
good
Assembly Line Food Packaging Processor (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJuly 7, 2018
I liked the job it was fast paced and fun. hardest part of the job was we had to work in the cold and the most enjoyable part of the job was we had fun all while working.
Pros
the overall job was easy
Cons
working in cold tempatures
It was a productive and fun place to work everyone made me fill comfortable and made sure the work was done
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 4, 2018
When I first got there I thought I wasn’t gone be able to do it but they broke it down to me and helped me thru the whole way . I caught on to everything so fast because of the team help.
Pros
They cooked nice meals for lunch
Cons
Breaks went by fast
a good place to work
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 2, 2018
I have enjoy my time with this company
I received the best training . Good and fair company
I work very hard,and every shift when they need
Pros
good place
Cons
cut back on hours 40hr to 27hr
comfortoable as you make it
Lunch Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
work is what you make of it , i learned how to move with a sense of urgency dealing with hundreds of people .the most enjoyable part about being at the job is that its you and your partner.
fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 23, 2018
revolution foods is a very fast paced work place. I wouldn't recommend it if you can't Handke none stop moving for the entire shift , or if you are unable to think on ya feet.
It's a cool company
Lead Server/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2018
A typical work day is preparing the food and serving the children. Interacting with the staff. We server breakfast, lunch & snack. The supervisors are very friendly. If you don't know how to work independently and with a team then Rev foods is not the company for you
if you like working in a jail/prison atmosphere have fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 22, 2018
When I was there it was crazy. I should have known the day I got hired police were there because of a fight! In short fast paced low pay gang atmosphere fresh from prison employees terrible work ethics! Put it like this the head boss had to hire security to keep people from stealing the food fighting smoking and drinking and employees stealing money via punching in&out stealing time it's a zoo and all are corrupt in there by my eyes or at least there were between 15'-16' from the old building to the new. P.S watch your back working there you might get home one day and get robbed by your co worker REAL TALK!!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
terrible pay bad management gang atmosphere
Good Company
Asssembly Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 18, 2018
Enjoyable part of my job is putting meals together, specially made for kids in school. I remembered that they will talk behind your back, smile in yo face. Managers dont do anything about it
Its hard and fun
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Commercity, coMarch 9, 2018
This job its competitive but low salary knowing that its getting expensive in colorado. Minimum wage had become more but they dont pay it. I dont recommend this job alot because there not fair with everybody.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No good pay
Incompetent Management
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2018
The work itself is very easy and your work day usually goes by fast.. The Management and Supervisors are very unorganized and unaware of what’s going on in the schools. This makes it very hard for employees to successfully do their job. Moreover, the employees are usually blamed for Management’s incompetence.
Productive and fun workplace
Sever/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAFebruary 12, 2018
The Best part about working at Revolution Foods were seeing the children eat health foods and me and my stuff teaching them about being healthy. Kids now days don't like to eat healthy but we made it fun and good.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks