Rewards Network Employee Reviews

Office Expense Reimbursement Package
Incredible Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
Growing Company with Growth Opportunities
Stable organization with a 15-year track record
Pros
Paid vacations
Wonderful company, and a great place to work.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL 33021December 19, 2018
Wonderful company, and a great place to work. The staff collaborated successfully. We were like a big, happy family. If I didn't have to complete my degree here in Florida, I would have moved with the company.
It is a great company if this is all you ever want to do
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
I am going on a couple years with the sales team in the company. I honestly do not see a way to move up with the company. Jobs seem to be given only to outsiders. There is no upward mobility. And if you want to move to a different territory, you lose all your accounts and start from 0. Building your pipeline is the hardest thing, one should not be punished for wanting to move geographically but being able to maintain relationships with their merchants. This is the reason why I am keeping my options open to moving to another company.

Best of all, it takes two months to get your performance bonuses, woohoo! I could wait 2 months to buy a new shirt for work, no problem!

And if you like change, this is definitely the place to be! We have new senior leadership every other month. It's as if Opera herself was throwing new senior leadership in our corporate offices! You get an offer! You get a notice! You get an offer! All of you are laid off! You all get offers!

Like the old Chief Sales Officer? Meet the new guy! Oh, the Head of Sales Training taught very well? Let's go ahead and give this other person a try! Hated your Divisional Vice President? Forget him, check out this new one! Don't worry, everything will be just fine. Your job is secure, it is not like everyone in your team has been let go of, and all of a sudden you are now part of the group that has 'seniority'. Don't bother making friends with your coworkers, just make those calls, go to the meetings, and hit your numbers every month, or you are gone. This new senior leadership wants to hit their numbers and we will
  more... make sure they will! You are simply dead weight to the team if you have a bad month, and we can't have dead weight now, can we?  less
Pros
Get to work remotely and set up your own schedule
Cons
Lonely, No job security, Same exact thing EVERY MONTH, Forever!
Demanding Monthly Sales Targets
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2018
At Rewards Network all members of the sales organization including Account Executives, Account Managers, Regional Sales Managers, and Divisional Vice President's are held to strict sales targets. And while this creates a challenge for everyone in the organization the rewards for hitting these targets is very generous. If you are a highly skilled sales professional that is goal oriented, drive, motivation, and the will to win you will enjoy being a member of the RN Sales Team.
"Erratic"
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2018
As a seasoned, sales professional, the culture of micro management is extremely off putting. If you are disciplined, organized and focused, there is no need to be micro managed. You should know what it takes to be successful and apply yourself to acheive your assisgned goals. However, this organization does not appear to embrace that concept. That siad, this position is great for someone starting a sales career or is a novice. If you have attained a level of success and have years of experience, it is NOT fullfilling.
Pros
Good Services
Cons
Management and Compensation
August 29, 2018

Thank you very much for the candid feedback on your experience at Rewards Network. I am very sorry to hear you had a negative experience while working at Rewards Network. This is an exciting time for our company as we are building out a growth-oriented organization to drive from 10,000 restaurants in our network to over 50,000 by 2025. Our CEO welcomes direct feedback from all of our employees to help build stronger company, and any employee is welcome to discuss concerns with the People Team. We have many very seasoned high performing Account Executives across the country and are continuing to build the team with seasoned professionals. We appreciate the feedback and strive to build a fun, high performing culture.

I believe in the marketing & financial product. Growing pains.
Senior Account Executive/SF Bay Area (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2018
I hope the new CEO & President bring RN into the 21st Century.
I loved my clients & collaboration within the sales team. The hardest part of the job was poor communication.
Pros
Assisting clients growth & success.
Cons
They took our ISR's away. Responsible for procuring all meetings.
Wonderful people to work with
Senior Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2018
I only left because I found another similar position close to home, otherwise, I would have stay longer. The company surround you with excellent people to work with, not only with their sills set but their personality. The environment was open and one can walk up to and talk to a Director or VP. What I have learn is that once everyone on the project team work together, we can get the project done on time and on budget. Most enjoyably part for me was during your break or lunch time, you can talk to anyone on the company, not just your team. Thank you RN for a great experience.
Pros
Program discount
Cons
non from me
Good experience overall
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
I worked here a short time in the Chicago office and only left because I moved. Overall I had a good experience. The management team was approachable and friendly and also focused on what was best for the company. They had special events and training for the sales team, and recognition such as fun trips for meeting sales goals. The Chicago office was really nice and modern, and we had free meals once in a while. The CEO at the time was focusing on making improvements that were in the best interest of the company and the employees. The HR leader was very competent. HR seemed to actually care about team members. The only real downsize was some salaries were not too competitive for the Chicago market.
Pros
Good location, good management, free food
Cons
Salaries could be more competitive
Fantastic and supportive Colleagues
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
I learned a great deal about the sales cycle. My Regional Manager was one of the most inspirational and talented managers I have worked with in my 20 years of selling.
Pros
Remote work environment saved time with commuting
Cons
Constant management changes and changes in directives
Great company to start your sales career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 7, 2018
Strong leadership. Flexible. Fun. Product can be difficult to sell to certain restaurants but overall its a good fit for most. Dynamic work environment.
Rewards Network
Regional Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 21, 2018
Great work culture with a lot of perks such as discounted dining. The office staff was not micromanaged by management which was great for all concerned, and thus everyone was more productive.
Pros
discounted meals, birthday celebrations, great management
Pushing Cash to Businesses that can't afford it
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Great Product until they started Pushing Cash to Businesses that can't afford it. Worst thing a struggling business can do. They capitalize on customers that have already or would visit your location without their help and charge you for their business and loyalty even though most people don't even realize they are visiting a restaurant that is associated with Rewards Network
June 1, 2018

Thank you for your insight. We provide two different services to restauranteurs – marketing services and merchant cash advance programs, all of which are pay for performance and based upon the ebb and flow of the business. We understand that our programs aren’t for every client and trust our sales staff to identify the most appropriate solution for prospective clients. We also provide robust reporting via Client Trend Reports and other proof of performance communications to highlight to our clients the return on their investment with Rewards Network. With helping over 97,000 restaurants across the country and providing over $1 billion in cash to restauranteurs, we are proud to continue serving the restaurant industry with our unique finance and marketing services for over 30 years.

Great concept but hard to sell
Account Executive - Consultant - B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2018
The concept of cash advances on future credit card sales was great and really helped out restaurant owners who needed cash. The cost of cash advances and marketing services were high and hard to sell.
Pros
remote work
Cons
challenging sale
June 1, 2018

Both our marketing and finance products are pay for performance and work with the ebb and flow of our client’s business. However, we believe in taking a consultative approach and provide multiple touch-points to ensure that our prospective clients understand what the ROI on their investment will be, providing full transparency of both cost and return. We have helped over 97,000 clients across the country with their marketing and financial needs – helping increase diner spend by 13% more on average per check and providing over $1 billion dollars to restauranteurs in our 30+ year history.

Rewards Network Review
Frequent Flyer Liaison (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 18, 2018
Good place to work, however company relocated to Chicago and staffing not always acceptable. Needs more workers to function and maintain a good business model. Better leadership needed overall.
June 1, 2018

We’re always looking at ways to ensure the company can be most efficient, which did include relocating several teams from our former Hollywood office to our Chicago location to further centralize our corporate team’s efforts. As part of that transition, we provided our employees notice months in advance, training and support to help them with their job search, and a robust severance package to assist them during their transition.

Sales Reporting & Analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Good work culture with a place to play ping pong.

Collaborative environment with cross functional teams.

Open lines of communications.

Come in to work and assist with company goals
June 1, 2018

Thanks for the insight you’ve provided! We believe in a work environment that is fun, rewarding and challenges your skills in order to develop yourself professionally. We’re a team here and each one of us has a direct impact on the success of the overall organization.

Rewards Network
Member Service Representative/ Mail Room (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 19, 2017
This company is a good company to work for. Looking forward to mpre great opportunities with the company. Great and motivated individuals within the work place.
Great company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 12, 2017
typical day:
- work from my desk,
- prepare for the day in the field,
-pull customer trend reports and analytics,
-visit current clients
-review the accounts, update Salesforce with daily activity,
-keep my budget and monthly goals in mind when setting appointments
-make sure I am hitting all company metrics they want an AM to hit.

I have learned about the restaurant industry from the inside out. Different sales techniques and most importantly retention techniques. I have also added valuable customer service practices.

workplace culture: absolutely adore my direct coworkers and the AE's I work with. Overall moral is high and it is a wonderful experience working with people who have been in this industry for years.

hardest part of the job: I would say the hardest part has been with keeping retention high. Mostly because the economy in California is in a weird place and i have restaurant closures on a weekly basis now. It is hard to see a merchant close their doors.

most enjoyable part of the job: I love meeting with merchants that understand the vast marketing we provide on a pay by performance program and value what RN does for them and brings to the table. I truly love helping the merchants.
Pros
flexible scheduling, positive encouragement, learning modules
Cons
extreme amount of driving, food stipend taken away, compensation restructure
Okay
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60606July 3, 2017
Pay attention, they will not do right by you if you do not do what they say. I have a friend who wanted to be done right by them and was not and now left in the wind.
poor organization
Sales / Client Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 2, 2017
Poor training , poor organization, products offered not conducive for success. This is a company that is not designed for long term field personnel . Cannot recommend.
Pros
worked away from coporate
Cons
poor organization
Good place to work but...
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 20, 2017
A well received marketing product, but there is a lot of competition for the one part that makes you the sales rep a lot of money. Best not to be placed in mid size markets. Best in Large Metropolitan areas. Culture of the company is good and open. They listen to any idea you might have.
Pros
decent benefits.
Cons
Some items you sell are not competitive at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rewards Network. Our community is ready to answer.