Rexel Inc Employee Reviews

Company seemed to care about employees
Accounts Payables Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2018
I started there as a contract to hire position, and I was brought on to a permanent position early. The manager was very laid back and made sure that her department was well taken care of.
Great atmosphere to succeed in
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2018
At Rexel Inc. a typical day would include following up on shipment information from our vendors and manufacturing plants while providing the most updated shipping status reports to each customer who has live projects going on at that time. As a project manager, you would communicate with engineering firms and vendors to provide change order quotes whether it would be an increase in the customers purchase order or a credit back to them. You would also review submittal packages and conduct pre-order kick off meetings with numerous salesmen and specialists to assure accuracy come order placement. At that time you would navigate across multiple manufacture order entry databases and provide necessary information (customer purchase order, delivery commitment reports, on-site delivery dates) and process the orders that have been turned over by the specialists. Finally, a project manager would handle any and all returns that include freight damage claims and warranty repairs.
Pros
Multiple conference rooms to hold meetings, cubicles to over privacy, ability to work remote
Cons
Lack of compensation, low incentive programs, opportunity for bonuses/annual pay raise
See below.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 27, 2017
A massive company, it's easy to get lost in the numbers. Poor development of skill sets, minimal training, cumbersome,antiquated software, and overseas IT department.
Pros
Knowledgeable colleagues
Cons
Poor communication, and management.
puppet
Hub Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 8, 2017
puppet not willing to improve. could/should be better but management is not willing to improve or change.management happy....most employees are not. union shop
hard labor for good money
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMay 6, 2017
good pay not a lot of training its either sink or swim and a lot expected from day 1 but it was steady work to make the day go by quickly I enjoyed my time there
Pros
Cons
the people they hire
Fun work place
Warehouse lead/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2017
Fun and relaxed place to work for. Really laid back atmosphere. Fun people to be around. Mangers are great. Need better warehouse employees as far as work ethic.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Slow at getting things done
Fluid and active working environment
Finance Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2017
Company is always looking for opportunities to increase revenue, enhance customer connection and improve employee engagement. A significant variety of positions from headquarters, branch and regional offices as well as various lines of business. Good company.
The work challenges you at every step.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2017
The work is challenging however the people are enjoyable to work around. Expectation are high and collecting 100% of your goal is expected.
Pros
Good People
Cons
100% of your goal is expected
I was uncomfortable at the location for which I worked.
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 12, 2016
If you were not in sales or management, you were treated like a second class citizen. A lot of complaining and passing the blame.
Pros
Occasional free lunch. Free donuts on Friday.
Cons
Short or no breaks in the morning or afternoon.
A place with many Challenges
Inventory Control / Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2015
daily cycle counts and inventory issues.
work environment is great, very good employees
a place where your work ethics does not matter to management
it's all about numbers NOT your accuracy and product knowledge.
Pros
if you like challenges this is the place, i did.
Cons
Lack of communications between management and employees, accountability is one of their Weakness
Rexel
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OrApril 6, 2015
I have been with Rexel for over 10 years and it has been great! This has been a great experience for me, and lot of room to advance.
Pros
Fun envionrment
Cons
Long drive from Portland
Great team to be one
Shipping and Receiving lead (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Generally took care of picking and packing after receiving incoming products from the morning. Taking care of the cleaning and safety throughout the shift. It was a great place to work and awesome close family style company to work for. I learned about shipping and receving with different things including Fedex and ups.
Pros
Free lunch on Friday's
Cons
A company on the downhill slide.................................
Quotations (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticNovember 22, 2014
Its all about top management, and not you, most upper management could not manage a used car lot, little lone an electrical wholesale house, its better than no job, but worked their 3 years, and cannot in my heart suggest you work there, in any state. keep looking elsewhere
Pros
its 8 to 5, and go home
Cons
bad management, pay is not that good
enjoy the fellow employees
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 28, 2014
Great place to work. Get along great with all employees as well as the management. About the only hard part about my job is that I really do not enjoy working as a full manager; I enjoy being more of a supportive role to the manager.

**I am not exactly looking for my current salary either, please keep that in mind**
Pros
easy going, laid back workplace and employees
Cons
Company not allowing me to resign my position to move back to another position in the warehouse.
its okay
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  upper Marlboro, mdFebruary 16, 2014
Not a bad place to work not a whole lot of room to grow but its a job and I have learned a lot from this company if you are willing to learn they will teach you. But they don't start out with the greatest pay. But over all I would tell anyone if you need a job they are a good place to start at.
Pros
its a job, great place to learn new things
Cons
low pay, little room to grow
Good place to work.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Checking systems to correct discrepancies, correct and solve issues on sales orders, returns, or any transaction.
Process vendor returns, cuatomer returns.
Rexel, formerly known as Ryall Electric,a data and electrical supplier in the state of Colorado
Mountain Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2014
I drove a 26 ft straight truck with a lift gate and delivered product to job sites and warehouses in the middle of the night in the Colorado mountains. I worked 10-12 hours per shift.

I had to be resourceful every night, to accomplish my deliveries in all kinds of weather and conditions. I drove accident free for my entire term with the company.

Rexel bought out Ryall and that's when many changes began. Going from a family owned business to a corporation, resulted in some management issues.

I was pretty much on my own as the Denver based mountain driver working at night and did not have a whole lot of interaction with the city drivers who worked during the day.

My route ran from Sun-Thu, starting between 2300 and midnight. Working at night requires a dramatic change in lifestyle and sleeping habits.

I loved the challenge presented to me on a "nightly" basis. I took great pride in my work and the fact that the customers and the company could count on me to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits and great pay, a good working environment.
Cons
Changes made when family business bought out by the corporation.
A good place to work that provided me with good experience for my next job
Sales associate/warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TexasOctober 18, 2013
Typically, I spent part of the day organizing the warehouse, checking in materials, and setting up deliveries. I would also spend a good portion of the day answering phones and taking customer orders. The end of my day consisted of taking deliveries to the customers in the northern parts of the panhandle. I learned a lot about computers at this job because I had little experience with them previously. For the most part, I enjoyed working with the management and my co-workers. The best part of the job for me was making the deliveries and getting to see my customers face to face to check that all was well.
Pros
Good insurance at a lower cost than most, company truck to help with gas
Cons
Drive out of town when local store went out of business
Busy competitive work environment rewarded hard work
Counter/Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 11, 2013
- Talking to multiple clients either in person or on phone/email about thousands of products and services selling retrieving and delivering orders as well as managing inventory
- Learned how to generate business maintain and increase customer accounts extensive knowledge in electrical supplies and installations how to up sell increase profit margin and obtain a flawless relationship with all of my accounts as well as all new clients
- Management was good full of knowledge thorough and very helpful in my training i had a never ending thirst for knowledge and they were always willing to teach me something new everyday
- Co-workers were tight almost like a family always had a highly competitive atmosphere for clients and orders but at the end of the day we all worked together for the best interest of the customer
- Slow days by far the hardest part of the job i want to be busy helping clients and generating business
- Happy customers after a long day of good business
Pros
good benefits close to home good management
Cons
Company clearly on the decline
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MdSeptember 6, 2013
This used to be a wonderful place to work but several mergers have made Rexel a distant corperation that lacks the family values that made Branch Electric special. Most employees have had to take pay cuts recently and others have just left.

Of course a job is better than no job but I would make sure that Rexel is the place you want to be.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Way too much turnover