Rexnord Employee Reviews

A great place till the end.
Industrial Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2018
I felt challenge in a good way, there was always something new to do. They had a good workplace culture. I would go through my work area, checking with operaters if I wasn't assigned anything.
Many Hours with changing priorities - loose integrity to mission
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2018
Change is constant but not always due to meeting true market conditions. High turnover due to long hours and unrealistic goals that change and force employees to question leadership and culture.
Terrible Management
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 18, 2018
The overall job is not bad at all, however the managers have no clue as to what it means to give quality products to their customers. Anything right with the company, management has destroyed fully.
Fast paced company to work for
Grinder Operator II (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 14, 2018
It was a fast paced company with poor management. Stressful environment. Their goals for employees were unobtainable. Had some really nice coworkers but overall management was heartless and uncompromising.
Pros
Good healthcare and nice coworkers
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Stressful and demanding
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 13, 2018
Overworked and stressed employees. Paid well but not worth the physical and mental exhaustion. Management was terrible. There was a revolving door of employees
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not worth the pay
ehhh
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 10, 2018
not the best working environment. rude people and just not my type of work. hated the hot factory setting and did not feeel appreciated at all. wish they could get some air conditioning up in there.
Just a regular job place
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2018
6am start time everyday with a morning meeting before we start are presses up.... set up and operate all presses based for the work orders listed for the daily schedule
Pros
Fast paced
Typical Work Day
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 25, 2018
Typical work day for this company was a minimum of 12 hours and did not count the weekend work required. Every month end everyone was required to work to ensure the product went out the door which was always a Saturday. There were also people that they worked 7 days per week and thought nothing of it.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Work Life Balance
Good experience working with
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2018
learnt a lot in terms of work and management and work culture, that was good experience in working with Rexnord. Management was cooperative and good place to learn and work.
Very Reactive Environment
IT Support Senior (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2018
With Outdated equipment and technology, many outages take precedence over planned work. Hard to be proactive. Executives keep the company product profitable for great 401k however IT management is lacking.
Bad review
Assembly & shipping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2018
Rexnord was a great place to work until they shut down the plant and moved it’s operations to Mexico and South Texas.
They tried outsourcing material from China
Pros
Union shop
Cons
Shut down the plant
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 30, 2018
You will go further in the company if you can blame others for problems. Make sure you watch your back and CYA, then you'll go far. Stay healthy and don't let them know you have a disability.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
New regime.
An uphill battle
Operations (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2018
You'll likely spend a significant portion of your day in meetings that don't yield results. Managers will be concerned with keeping their own heads above water rather than developing talent or driving improvement. The hardest part of the job will be getting sufficient cooperation and engagement from your peers. The most enjoyable part of the job will likely be leaving for the day if you don't end up taking your work home with you out of necessity.
Machine operator assembly (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
I work for this company in hopes to retire from the company...Rexnord came in with no notice and let their employees know that they were relocating to New Mexico...I love and enjoyed the company that I was working for..
Pros
Paid lunches paid time off long lunch breaks
Cons
Closed down
Strong Company, with some strong leaders, but long hours
Talent Acquisition Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2018
I learned a lot at Rexnord. Very fast paced environment. Hardest part of job were the long long hours. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Pros
Focus on Employee Development
Cons
Work to Life balance wasn't great, but hopefully headed in right direction
Productive place to work but very intense
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMarch 14, 2018
Rexnord is a very fast paced company working for Rexnord was ok I don’t feel like the pay matched the work they expected from you and the communication with others was very poor
productive work place
Heavy Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 7, 2018
great personal. a lot of work. very productive place. enjoyable. learned a lot. workplace culture is very out going and a happy place to work at. very pleased !!
Good Large company
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 4, 2018
Worked and many areas of the organization from entry level to experienced professional. Rexnord purchased the original Falk Corp when I was at the professional level of my career.
job security
Tool crib Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 28, 2018
always a great learning environment
people have worked there for many generations and have grown within to obtain a carrier not just another day at work for a paycheck.
Pros
conpetive wages
Cons
there point system
The goal is success, and they help with what they can.
CNC lathe and mill programmer, setup, and operator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Rexnord is a great place to work. The people you work with are there to help you. I found no instance where I was made to feel like I didn't know what I was doing if I had a question. The managers let the floor operators do their job and very often come to them for advice or ideas. If there is a discrepancy in the data or paperwork, then it is worked on together to get an answer. Not as an immediate accusation. The only reason I left is that I could not work the hours they wanted me to living an hour away with a family. But the company was great!
Pros
Teamwork driven, good attitude all around
Cons
Hours are known to jump from 40 to over 50 back to 40. Also shift changes are prevalent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexnord. Our community is ready to answer.