Reynolds Community College Employee Reviews

A job with good benefits
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2018
There always a surprise to be had. Only at Reynolds is the slogan. Dat y in and day out you will hear and witness things from your department you would have never imagined.
Pros
Accessible if you don’t drive
Cons
Co workers
Stay away unless you're desperate!
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Henrico, VANovember 21, 2017
The culture here has gone rapidly downhill and management has no clue how to improve it. You are treated like a 3rd grader. Little opportunity for advancement except for the most obsequious. Excellent, knowledgeable people are constantly overlooked while the "pet project" people advance past their capability. Ageism is rampant. So, if you are over 50, look elsewhere.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Micromanagement, little opportunity for advancement, ageism
temp Job
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VANovember 12, 2017
It was a job to get me through. I did a split shift from 8 to 7pm. It wasn't the most glamorous job in the academic support center but I did it to the best of my ability. I was often reminded of "my place" that I was just a "wage employee" and that invitations to certain events were not extended to me. It was fine. The tone and delivery were what saddened me the most. After I had my daughter, the pay alone was not enough for me to return. There were no benefits keeping me there as well. I originally started to balance the cost of school. I decided to just do school online and care for my newborn.
Pros
built my communication skills
Cons
no room for advancement
Peak times are busy
Education Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2017
Wonderful place to work for. Enjoy interacting with the student's on a daily basis. During Midterm and Final Exams you can see a large number of student's on the campus.
Pros
free tuition
Cons
short brakes for part time employees
Freindly, relaxed worked environment.
Key Class Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2017
This was one of my favorite places to work. The staff was so friendly it felt more like a big family. My supervisors were highly intelligent and worked with me, not against me to improve my work efficiency. They helped me learn a variety of information about statistics, excel, professor relationships, and much more. If only they could pay me more, I would have stayed there for a very long time to come.
Pros
Great work environment, excellent management, fairly straightforward and easy work, many learning opportunities.
Cons
Not the best pay, parking isn't always easy when its exam time.
LPN program
Practical Nursing School (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2017
• Provide safe nursing care based on application of values and principles from natural, scientific, humanities, and nursing theories that lead to achievement of an optimum level of wellness
• Assist with nursing care in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment through planning, coordination, and effective communication
• Assume responsibility for lifelong learning and personal development as a professional nurse, member of the health care team, and a contributing citizen within the community
Great place to work.
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 14, 2015
Reynolds Community is comprised of a very diverse faculty. The training programs are good. Very upper management is very supportive.
We can take a look at that for you!
Computer Lab Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaMay 5, 2015
A typical Day at Reynolds Community College Computer Lab looks a lot like, a sea of healthy, trust worthy hard workers, coming back to school and into our computer lab to accomplish goals to make more money in their day to day lives and improve their quality of life. The computer lab I worked in was downtown and it was a totally different environment than working at the parham road campus, as far as helping the students. There was a healthy amount of unspoken responsibility on our shoulders to tend to the needs of helping the students even so much as know where to submit their online homework for their online courses. Periodically, you get phone calls from teachers on other floors that did something to their projectors and now they are not working correctly, or they were not working at all upon entering the class room or a printer was down, or a computer isn't connecting to the network; all types of questions. It was a real learning environment for me, but I believe I did more customer service work than anything. I feel at the down town campus, you have to have a giant Ti calculator on you at all times, you have to carry a lot of patience and you have to be firm or tough. These students would ask your help and use you for your whole shift if they wanted too, and sometimes, you had to redirect them to the tutoring services the school offered, because our manager vehemently would request that we are not there to school people on things they didn't know how to do regarding the quality of their work, rather, we were there for helping people learn software or to get to their classes,  more... or to print things out and so on and so fourth.  less
Pros
Networking and Hardware Experience as well as Customer Service and Communication skills
Cons
I don't really have any complaints. It was a job
J. Sargeant Reynolds
Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2014
Didn't stay long and was only for the fall as well as the weekends. However, had a good time and loved learning about education. The students were great and being an understudy but given ample opportunity to learn from the actual instructor afforded me the opportunity to become a great instructor in any environment.
Pros
Great climate
Cons
Didnt stay long enough to see a con