Reynolds Consumer Products Employee Reviews

paid well
Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILApril 9, 2019
no job security their,long hours,to miny boss no person time no sick time, how to make bags sale was ok my days off only able to in 8 times a year to miney round pepole
Pros
no free lunchs
Cons
short breaks
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMarch 25, 2019
Reynolds was a great place to intern at. I was able to shadow many different engineers to see how their days all differed, but how many were similar to each other.
April 1, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to know that you had a positive experience working as an Intern for Reynolds Consumer Products and encourage you to recommend others to join our growing internship program!

Worst work environment I have ever worked
Line Tinder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2019
People are racist, women are harassed daily. Management is very poor. Very stressful work environment. No home life constantly forced over or in early 4 hours everyday. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Money
Cons
Very racist environment, poor management, union is useless.
April 1, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review, we value your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working for Reynolds Consumer Products. Be advised that we have a zero tolerance policy on any type of discriminatory behavior and take these types of accusations very seriously. We encourage you to immediately reach out to your local HR representative or other member of management to discuss your concerns.

Nice place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAMarch 7, 2019
I would go back if they need people I enjoyed the fast pace environment the other workers were very easy to get along with the trainer was very easy to understand
March 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to know that you had a positive experience working for Reynolds Consumer Products. Please do refer your friends and family to our open jobs by providing them the link below:

careers.reynoldsconsumerproducts.com

a good professional safe work place.
Mobile Equipment Operator/trainer (Former Employee) –  Hometown, PAMarch 6, 2019
i miss my position there,, it was a safe friendly environment to work in and a place to wake up and look forward to going to work..they also have an employee incentive program that rewarded their employees with gift cards for a safe and efficient job duties.
Pros
gift cards, bbqs, and prizes.
Cons
none..
March 11, 2019

Like a second family
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAFebruary 4, 2019
3 daily planning meetings. Staffing allocation and reallocation. Consistent management that's fair. Workplace culture is pleasant enough. Hardest part of the job is replacing well trained employees that have moved to a different position
Pros
Promote from within
Cons
Turnover
February 12, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to know that your experience at Reynolds Consumer Products is a positive one. We take pride in offering internal promotion and advancement opportunities and we encourage our employees to own their career!

Productive and well paid
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 4, 2019
I absolutely loved working at Reynolds!! They pay very well and offer a lot of overtime. The management isn't very informed and don't work together well.
Reynolds
Sr. Payroll Analyst/HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 1, 2019
A typical work day is filled with many challenges
I leaned a lot from this company
The management here is great
Workplace culture is also very good
I love my job!
Weak management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 27, 2018
Time was spent talking about what to do rather than executing the plans to accomplish goals. Many complaints sent to upper management about the rumor mill, attitude and general indifference towards individuals that work on the floor.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience working at Reynolds Consumer Products and we do take your feedback seriously. Please reach out directly to our Corporate Senior Director of Human Resources so we can address your concerns appropriately.

rotate shift ever 28 days
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILDecember 12, 2018
high turnover Had to work twelve hour shifts and change fro day shift to night shift every four weeks. Pay is reasonable. Job is easy most of the time.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
hours
Great Money-Terrible Schedule, Benefits, and work/life balance
Steel Mill Operator/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 25, 2018
Hot in the mill aisle
Hot during the summer months
Dehydration and Heat exhaustion happen
Management is confusing
7 day work weeks
Fun work some days, stressful days others
Employees are difficult to work with, some of them don't want to do but the bare minimum
Benefits are higher than all get out, $72/wk for a single person, just crazy
Buddy system with most management, if they don't like you they will make your life a living nightmare
8 point attendance system, points come off 1 year after the date you use them, you get the point back.
NO PTO
Excellent OT
Paid Holidays
ETC
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
1 Week vacation after a year of service, crummy BENEFITS
November 30, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We understand that the twelve hour shifts can be physically demanding, however, we have many employees who thrive in this kind of environment. In addition to a day that goes by quickly, Reynolds Consumer Products offers competitive pay as well as a comprehensive benefits packaging including medical, dental, 401K match, paid vacation and holidays, and life insurance.

Working here was fun
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILNovember 21, 2018
It was fun working here and the co-workers are really helpful. I’ll recommend this work environment to my friends, because been in here an seen and feeling how good the work enviroment is I know they will feel the same as me
November 30, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to know that your experience at Reynolds Consumer Products is a positive one. If you feel that someone you know is a fit for one of our open roles, please encourage them to apply on our website at careers.reynoldsconsumerproducts.com.

Making Hefty products for the world 🌎
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILOctober 31, 2018
Having worked at different jobs in my life, this isn’t a bad gig all things considered. The work place / jobs have improved greatly in the last couple of years. Management have made some bad calls before, and seem to be learning from their mistakes, which is what we all need to do. I like the 12 hour shifts, even though the hours at home are short on those days, it still gives you time to take care of things or visit before sleep. That schedule allows you to work ~14 days per month, and other days are freed up to do what you please. Mandatory overtime has now been abolished, but if you need extra money at a higher rate, the opportunity is available to work a full or half shift. Other perks include paid lunch time (brought it back), gainsharing, company store (reduced prices on items the company produces) sometimes free stuff, upgrades on cooling systems for summer, room for advancement if you desire, and paid vacation if you work for over a year. Vacay gets bumped up after 5 years I think.
If you maintain your machines the way it’s taught , the work and stress are minimized to busy work.
Recommended job to my son, now he also works there and likes it for the most part. Some people are not easy to work with, but you’ll get that in most places.
Pros
Good steady safe work, work as much as you want, decent pay, paid lunch time, benefits.
Cons
Drink a lot of coffee on night shift. Work is challenging or relaxed depending on several variables.
You make it what it is
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILOctober 6, 2018
It all depends on what kind of day your having whether or not your going to have a good job/career. Your going to have your good and bad days regardless because you operating with equipment and machines.But overall a good career that i would choose to go back.
October 9, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review as we value your feedback. At Reynolds, we agree that every role has good days and bad days but if you are passionate about achieving goals, focus on quality and service, and willing to learn… your career path is endless with us.

We wish you success in your future career endeavors at Reynolds!

productive and quick pace
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILSeptember 24, 2018
you have to pay real close attention at what you are doing cause you can easily get hurt or fall behind and the line will have to stop and no messing around with the machine and its quick pace.
Pros
good pay checks
Cons
swing shifts
October 1, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your feedback. Reynolds Consumer Products offers great opportunities for those who are up to the challenge in a fast paced environment with great people, competitive pay and exceptional growth and promotional opportunities.

good job
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 19, 2018
only issue was the 12 shift rotating from day for 2 weeks then night shift for 2 weeks. I was unable to go to school because of the schedule. I would have preferred nights so I can do my errands during the day; however, that was not an option.
Pros
employee rectonition
Cons
schedule
September 25, 2018

We value your feedback. Many of our opportunities are in a manufacturing environment on a 12 hour shift and we apologize that the schedule did not work out for you. Reynolds is always looking for employees such as you, do you know someone who is a good fit? Please do refer them to our website at careers.reynoldsconsumerproducts.com.

loved reynolds
Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILSeptember 13, 2018
got the hang of it and was one of the bester operators on my group ,it takes a lot out of your personal life but besides that i have no complaints i wish it was one near where i moved id reapply
t
Pros
good benefits
Cons
time consuming
September 17, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We value your feedback and are pleased to know that you had a good experience working for Reynolds Consumer Products. Reynolds is always looking for employees such as you, do you know someone who is a good fit? Please do refer them to our website at careers.reynoldsconsumerproducts.com.

Job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Temple TexasAugust 28, 2018
I love working with my team we would always get the job done..I learn how to operate on a machine.. fixed it when it breaks down...it was hard at first but I keep pushing until I got it ....the joy that in Reynolds was the people
September 12, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review and sharing your great experience with us!

Stressful but great pay
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2018
Worked a lot, forced OT in early and work late. Poorly managed and maintained. Lots of misogyny. Very stressful environment to work in . If you apply here and get it great but my advice is to keep to yourself
Pros
Wage
Cons
Stressful
Stressful, environment tends to be negative
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJuly 30, 2018
While the pay is good the hours are log and stressful. The overall attitude is negative and you tend to get “in trouble” for having fun. There are no college assistance programs offered even if it benefits the company.
Pros
Good pay, alright benefits
Cons
Long hours, morale
August 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. Reynolds Consumer Products offers the Pay for Skill program which provides training and development to our employees on a host of technical skills. As the new skills are obtained, our employees also receive pay increases. We also have an option for online certifications. Please see your local HR Representative for more information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reynolds Consumer Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight