Reynolds Consumer Products Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful, environment tends to be negative
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJuly 30, 2018
While the pay is good the hours are log and stressful. The overall attitude is negative and you tend to get “in trouble” for having fun. There are no college assistance programs offered even if it benefits the company.
Pros
Good pay, alright benefits
Cons
Long hours, morale
August 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. Reynolds Consumer Products offers the Pay for Skill program which provides training and development to our employees on a host of technical skills. As the new skills are obtained, our employees also receive pay increases. We also have an option for online certifications. Please see your local HR Representative for more information.

horrible
Operator II/ forklift and quality control (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJuly 13, 2018
run you yo death in 12 hrs management is horrible no matter how much the junk equipment runs all they want is numbers to make them look good write ups for every little thing they cut their own throat as much as possible
July 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. Please reach out to your local HR department with any questions or concerns.

Great Place to Work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJuly 2, 2018
The 12 hour shifts are the hardest when it comes to having a family. You need to work hard and trust worthy and you can work your way up the Ladder. I started as a temp and they moved slowly to show me different Jobs but if you know someone in the food chain they move you faster through the learn as you go program. As a temp they showed me nothing but packing they moved the new Temps up faster and that gets tiring when you work hard, mind your business and do not slack. I loved what I do but when all the temps move ahead of you when your an employee. You don't want to put your heart and soul into it any more.
Pros
It matters Who you know
Cons
Doesn't matter what you know
Nice to work for a privately held company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 18, 2018
Reynolds Consumer Products is part of a larger family of companies that is all privately held, so there isn't the usual scrambling from quarter to quarter to keep the shareholders happy.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Machine Assembler
MACHINE ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 12, 2018
Maybe everyone is different but this job wasn't for me. They had me working 12 hour shifts transferring trash bags into boxes. They might have 8 hours shifts open, just check, but my shift was strictly 4pm-4am. I found myself leaving work everyday looking like a zombie. But that paycheck was good though, but after a while this job really consumes you. Very short breaks and not really enjoyed because there's no time to enjoy breaks. 5 days in, my left toe went numb and for months I couldn't feel anything on my toe but a mild tickle. The tissue inside my toe died from standing on my feet for long periods of time. Another worker there that trained me said that me had a friend that got a foot infection and the Supervisor found out and fired the man. They also fire people for not following safety procedures too. They won't even give you a warning, if they catch you do something even mildly unsafe, just like Donald Trump would say, "You're Fired.'
Pros
Good pay, good people.
Cons
Harsh with rules, short breaks, face-paced, and humid enivornment.
Reynold
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJune 7, 2018
Reynold is a great place to work. You work only half the year and the pay is decent. It was a great opportunity to learn more about manufacturing and I have recommended several people to work there.
June 11, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We value your feedback and are pleased to know you are having a good experience at Reynolds Consumer Products. We wish you well in your career.

making Rate
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMay 29, 2018
all 72 presses working making daily rate or justifying down times, working with groups and individuals to learn from them and train them in their weak points.
Pros
at least 45 hours per week
Cons
third shift
June 4, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Management is struggling from the top down
Project Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMay 26, 2018
Poorly managed facility in Wheeling, IL. Management lacks engagement with their direct reports. Typical Union environment in which employees run the place. Not good for morale.

Place needs a lot of overhauling. Right now, the tail is wagging the dog.
Bad environment, good pay
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, VAMay 17, 2018
You get paid really good obviously more than other places. Yes it’s a hot environment but bearable to me, it’s quick paced, and stressful. The environment isn’t always the best people yell at you and get attitudes all the time. So you gotta be able to handle that because things don’t get done about it. So in other words you just gotta focus on the money. Oh and the 12 hour shifts suck their so long and you do so much work in that time period your full out exhausted afterwards especially on your 3 day weekend.
Pros
Paid breaks, pay
Cons
Hours, working environment
May 21, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. Many of our plant roles are fast paced and we understand that the twelve hour shifts can be physically demanding, however, we have many employees who thrive in this kind of environment. In addition to a day that goes by quickly, Reynolds Consumer Products offers competitive pay as well as a comprehensive benefits packaging including medical, dental, 401K match, paid vacation and holidays, and life insurance.

Horrible leadership, lack of training plans, poor communication
Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 7, 2018
The Senior Management is severely lacking any leadership or action plans on how to be successful.
Goals are created without any consideration the reality of what can be achieved with the present workforce and in the given time frame.
When you tell Management what you need to be successful, they ignore it.
Very negative/backstabbing environment.
A certain Senior Manager spends more time looking for what has been done wrong, what could be wrong, or what can be used against you to threaten to fire you than looking into the root cause of an issue and how the team can move forward to be successful.
Consistently get blamed for failures that have nothing to do with your role or that you didn't see the issue even though it happened before you worked there.
No training documentation. Very much tribal knowledge culture.
Expectations are created without the tools or the training for you to meet or exceed those expectations.
Absolutely the worst place as far as Management and Training environment.
The worst part of the job was the constant threat or fear that you were going to get pulled in the office and threatened to be fired without being able to explain an issue. Negative comments are believed immediately and are not ignored even when proven that the statement or issue was false and unfounded.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CONSIDER WORKING HERE.
Pros
Good salary compensation
Cons
Severely Poor Management, Lack of Training, Culture is set up to fail
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Fast pace and can be stressful at times
MACHINE OPERATOR B (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at Reynolds because it was fast pace and I got promoted quickly. I was always offered overtime if needed and even though it got stressful at times I still enjoyed working there.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We pride our self in offering internal growth opportunities and we are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience working at Reynolds Consumer Products. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

People oriented
Production Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 16, 2018
Management team mentored employees. Did not expect you exceed normal working hours on a regular basis. Cross departmental training was provided to help maintain a cohesive working environment.
Long term worthy
Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILApril 12, 2018
If I didn’t have to relocate I would have stayed at this job long time. There were always ways to increase your pay. There were plenty of coworkers around to ask for assistance if needed.
Pros
Monthly pay rewards
Cons
Safety devices
April 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Enjoyed working there with a good crew.
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TX 76501April 2, 2018
Fast-paced, great benefits and insurance plans, monthly bonus's, and great advancement for every employee. I would still work there and recommend it to anyone serious about wanting a good, steady, stable job.
not a good place overall
Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMarch 27, 2018
overall,not a good place to work.,do not care about their employees, all about people who do not do their jobs, standing,on concrete floors, running stairs, to chase alarms, hot, nothing to drink but water (clear bottle) on ur desk,30 min break and two 15min breaks in 12 hrs, mandated almost everyday u had off,Hated it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
April 2, 2018

Thank you for your response. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at Reynolds Consumer Products as we pride ourselves on providing challenging yet rewarding opportunities to our employees. However, many of opportunities are in a manufacturing environment on a 12 hour shift. With the 12 hour schedule, you do work less days in the year with 3 days one week/ and 4 days the next versus the typical 5 days every week on an 8 hour schedule. Lastly, we do follow good manufacturing practices at our facilities as we manufacture food grade products which means we only can allow water in clear containers on the manufacturing floor. Again, we encourage applicants to learn about our work schedules and environment as it does not fit everyone’s’ needs but we do wish you the best in your future career endeavors.

Thanks,

no training
machine operater (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAMarch 7, 2018
My first 2 days I got shuffled around to 8 different trainers because management kept asking my trainer to do a different task. On my 3rd day I was put in a position I had no training for and was told I should know how to do it, I was showed once and the manager walked away... I eventually ended up just walking out because I was so lost and confused as to what my job was and how to do it with the lack of knowledge. When you ask for help, they just look at you and don't answer your questions, or say they will "find someone", but they don't. If you are familiar with this work and need little to no training then go for it. If you have no experience don't bother.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no training, high expectations, don't ask questions
THE BEST JOB I EVER had I just have to move
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Safety meeting, then report to the work area find out what product is running,take inventory of product,make sure the package area have enough of the product,test the product spec,make sure work area is clean
Pros
30 min.
Cons
2-15 min breaks
February 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you had a positive experience working for Reynolds Consumer Products.

A valuable experience.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILFebruary 7, 2018
After the 4 week on job training. You are put straight to 12+ hr shifts that rotate every four weeks from night to day. It is a very cut- throat fast paced job.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
The hours
February 13, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at our Jacksonville facility. Many of our plant roles are fast paced and the twelve hour shifts can be physically demanding, but we have many employees who thrive in this environment and wouldn’t have it any other way! In addition to a day that goes by quickly, Reynolds Consumer Products offers competitive pay as well as a comprehensive benefits packaging including medical, dental, 401K match, paid vacation and holidays, and life insurance.

Thanks,

Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 24, 2018
This is a company I would recommend to anyone with only entry level experience. A foot in the door that will Advance you as quickly as you're able to stay ahead
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 9, 2018
You come in, go out on the floor to your furnance, check your furnance temperature, that will determine when you will have to work your furnace, you check your front furnance, that tell you how long before you have to have the back furnance done so you can feed the front furnance. You learn how to load a 80,000 pound furnance and get it on grade. Everybody works at their own pace, cause each furnance is diffrent. Hardest part, which really isnt hard is figuring out how many iron bundles it will take to fill the furnance properly, to me the most enjoyable part was your working independently, but we did come together as a group to do roll changes. startup a furnance as well as shut down a furnance..
Pros
working independently, but support if theres any problems
Cons
New management implementing ideas and dont know what there doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reynolds Consumer Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight