RF Micro Devices

RF Micro Devices Employee Reviews in Greensboro, NC

RF Micro Devices insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Good company, Benefits

This company was great to work for, and even though they had a pay cap, the merit bonuses given after your reviews made it so you didn't notice any restrictions in your ability to earn.

Work environment was ok. People were friendly.

The focus of this companies is how the top people can line their pockets. Very little concern about the hardworking people who make the company go. One employee said after his bonus “Now I can super size my fries!”

Professionally Ran Company

Spent a 12 hr. shift monitoring various tools and chemical baths to manufacture product. Learned proper safety means to handle dangerous chemicals and work in a group environment. Professionally orientated management. Found nothing hard about the job but was required to concentrate and pay attention to a lot of detail. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people there to work with.

Pros

Excellant benefits

Cons

Getting layed off

Worked at a steady pace to meet end of shift goals

Worked on a productive team that worked together to succeed everyday, end of shift goals. Safely handled products and communicated well with my peers.

Pros

Clearoom evironment, teamwork, and communication.

very competitive and stressful

day very busy learned inspection, operate machinery too many managers and supervisors workplace very competitive for recognition and advancement no team work best part of job is salary and personal time off acquired

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

I liked it

Great place. I regret I left. I had an awesome team with great leadership. If it was not the need of more money, I would still be there. I still hear good things

Liked 12hr schedule and the breaks

I learned a lot about working in a clean room environment and operating lots of high tech equipment. Once trained and certified not only did I have to operate different machines, I also had to perform QA and QC checks. Breaks were great and people were ok for the most part

Pros

12hr shifts, time off, breaks

Cons

Pay not so great unless you've been there a long time

Great benefits, above average compensation, lacks areas for advancement.

A typical work day at Qorvo (RF Micro) is busy but not overwhelming. I have learned various system functions and software, as well as how to manage a team of employees. Management is changing with the merger to Qorvo and bringing new ideas some of which are good and some not. Not in touch with their employees. All work and very little employee functions. The hardest part of the job at this point is combining payroll processing of two companies. The most enjoyable part solving an employee's problem, or helping a co-worker resolve a issue they may have.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Low Employee Moral

Productive great place to work

On a daily basis I come in on time. Would read my emails. Id look on my computer to see what's the first priority like Monitored test floor via Tool Track. PM (Preventive Maintenance) trouble shooting pc test boardsand test stations. Always something new to learn like techniques in trouble shooting have classes to better yourself. Great management but subject to layoffs. I'd still work there. Work culture was very professional great attitudes values, traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviors. Hardest part o the job was being laid off. Most enjoyable part of the job is the we were like family.

Pros

Free Lunches when it snows

Cons

Lay-offs

Great work enviroment.

This job was the most challenging for me. I loved every minute of it. My experience with this company was the best. Working in the lab (Prototype) helped to increase my knowledge of the Electronic field.

Pros

Great place and lots of fun

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RF Micro Devices?

Excellent company

The best place I have worked. Fast-paced, customer-focused, team effort. Excellent co-workers. Hardest part of job was simply staying on top of an extremely competitive market.

Very Fair supervision team. Job was better at the start of the company, and has become far less personable as the company has grown

Company has gone from a "we work together" attitude to a "you work for me" attitude among the higher ups. There have been 3 layoffs, and though the workforce has dwindled the managers won't hire replacements, causing a high stress work environment..

Pros

Ease of getting time off and overtime as needed.

Cons

Workforce has dwindled but managers will not hire replacement workers to fill open spaces, causeing high stress.

Very productive and great leadership

Product and a good learning environment. I make the panel inside cell phone and other electronics. The hardest part of the job is waiting on the panel to come down to me so that I can finish the step I need to do. My co-workers makes it easy when everyone works together.

Very relaxed dress code and culture

Great place to work under a lot of change right now however. I have learned a lot about RF technology which we often take for granted but is in all of our phones and computing devices. The co-workers are for the most part introverts so you do not have to worry about a lot of outside conversation usually. the problems that you will encounter are for the most part untraveled area that you are pioneering for your company which means there are limited resources to solve the problems if you are new to the terms and way things work.

Pros

donuts and treats from time to time

Cons

job security

productive fun workplace

fun workplace and positions are easy to learn, job security is unstable

Pros

clean environment

Cons

no accommodations for bad weather

Enough room for advancement.

I work a twelve hour night shift where I test electronic chips before they are installed into cell phones. My co-workers make my job fun and interesting while still being able to have a productive night. The hardest part of my job is having to stand in one place for hours at the time.

Loved working at this company. The people and culture were incredible.

Manufacturing Position

Busy at times, not a bad place to work at though. Great benefits and vacation.

Textiles, Production

I really miss working here. A great group of people, smaller company, fast paced production.

Hardworking and Productive person

Start with the prototype and see which ones need to be de-issued and send the parts to the correct location. Start getting the production rejects together and separated for the warehouse drivers to pick up. Long term hold and 2 week hold Check the production cart in location 0001 and look at TCS for any orders. If any orders are in the system, go ahead and start filling the orders and sending them to the test floor or over to Fab1. Assisting Sandra Walker with any issues that she may bring to my attention from the test floor. Sometime between 0830 & 0930, unloading DHL, FedEx and UPS. Scanning each package and getting track of it to turn into Tony Judd at the end of the month for box count. Start separating the Plant 1000 & 1005 parts. Arrange by part number and by lot numbers if per lots. Once separated, I will start receiving in the part into SAP, using ZGRU or ZGRA. If there are any orders out there as I am receiving parts in I will fill the order and get them to the correct location. Receive in all miscellaneous packages into MIGO. Answering the bell whenever it rings and signing for other packages that may come in throughout the day. Deliver all the Prototype parts and miscellaneous packages to the correct planners or individuals. Assist Jeanette Pickard whenever she may have an issue concerning Prototype. Transfer production parts from location 0002, 0003 to 0001 Transfer prototype parts from whatever location they may have them in to the location needed to issue parts out. Keeping the area clean and safe. Breaking down all the boxes that come in -

Productive workplace

A lot to learn. Resource overload does not leave a lot of time to interact with co-worker. The risk is that quality can be impacted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RF Micro Devices. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about RF Micro Devices in Greensboro, NC

• RF Micro Devices
  • Greensboro, NC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?