RGA Employee Reviews

United States33 reviews
Strategic analysis for IT is lacking.
Design of systems and processing is antiquated. Clear strategic direction and software acquisition/consolidation does not exist. Many tools to do the same thing. Strong candidate for IT outsourcing.
Extremely Political Environment
RGA’s culture is rotten and the office politics are extreme. Many are thrown under the bus to save their own skins. Taking responsibility means finding a scapegoat.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Environment is the absolute worst
Horrible clicky culture
The culture is like working in New York because that's where most of the folks came from who started the Portland office. No work/life balance at all.
Production worker
You work on a line that requires production packing and stacking boxes on a palette forklift comes and take it away the company produces cleaning supplies for all the family dollars and dollar tree
Enjoyable company to work for
Very supportive environment. Relaxed atmosphere where employees are encouraged to be creative in their job. The company tries to show their appreciation for the IT department, sponsoring special events for the department throughout the year.
Pros
Movie events.
Cons
Pay is a little low
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Poor Management
It was great for advancing. The job did create great new opportunities for those just starting on their career. But the company folded due to bad management from the higher entry level.
Work on upgrading CRM server software from MS Dynamics 2012 to MS Dynamics 2013.

Document customizations, and manage data in SQL environment.

Learn and use SQL to consolidate the SQL server for a software upgrade. Assist Lead Systems Analyst in administrating MS Dynamics CRM server.

Assist CRM team in managing user accounts, licensing, and permissions.
Poor management
RGA has excellent benefits.
It also has inept managers in marketing who are not capable of being leaders, do not listen, and do not understand the business. HR does not help the employees when they should and offer little help.
Benefits
Cons
Bad managers
Hard Working Professionals
Great experience with highly competent coworkers for those willing to work hard. The Internal Audit department predominantly completes SOX testing. Excellent coworker collaboration with convenient meeting rooms scattered throughout each floor.
Good company
It is a very good company to grow in all aspects, very healthy environment, good management, follow the industries standards and other compliance like the security of document etc.
Fast pasting
Ths job was ok it was fast paste i enjoy that i didnt like that we oy get 10 min breaks i really wasnt tgete that long but why i was it was great nice mangers workers were good to
Lead of RGA department
Lead over five associates. We received in returned packing back from customers . Then we will received in has good or damage. If items are good. The items will be returned back to the shelf for sale. Package will be receive from FED-X or UPS. The warehouse will receive in 160 boxes from both carriers. The package come in ever day.
Micromanagement at it best
They employ "At Will", and have you sign documents stating so. They will and have exercised their right to "Fire at Will". Extremely high turnover.

I'm seem at least 5 people leave or get terminated in the short time I was there.
Short Term Project
Scanned all assets at in the building and worked with the other locations in the other countries to get serial numbers and count for phones and other assets.
Pros
Great team astomphere
Cons
Too many contractors
Massive Studio, Fun Projects
The people in my department were all great. People were willing to help when you needed it. I was given plenty of freedom and opportunities to showcase other ways I can help out.
Fun retail job, had events for customers and their children
The job itself wasn't hard. I loved my job. The problem arose when upper management changed. I guess all my work and sacrifices for two yrs was wasted.
Familiar industry
After being in the insurance industry for 10 + years, RGA was familiar, which is why I took the contact. I enjoyed my time there and fulfilled my obligations
Good, solid company to work for with many opportunities for advancement
typical 9 to 5 day with normal breaks, fun people to work with and great benefits. I held several different jobs throughout my time there, so I learned many different things about different aspects of the business. Management is good in some departments and not so good in others, and when I was there the managers were allowed to opt out of training classes that I, as a new supervisor, found very useful to help me manage my people. The lack of commitment and/or indifference to self-improvement on some managers' parts was disheartening and was evident in their management styles. The hardest part of the job was workload/time management and the constant push to meet exceedingly difficult goals. The most enjoyable part was the relationships I had with my co-workers. I made a lot of good friends over the years, many of whom I still talk to.
Difficult to work with IT Management
This was possibly the worst job I've ever had. I drove 45 minutes each way to sit at a desk and twiddle my thumbs, beg for work, and was pretty much told I obviously didn't understand.
My immediate supervisor couldn't make decisions on her own but looked to her manager to tell her what to do for everything. I'm a highly educated employee who has spent years in hands on IT and Management positions and I found it extremely uncomfortable to watch IT management throw temper tantrums because an employee made suggestions to fix things that the IT manager didn't agree with. The atmosphere is stifling and not conducive to success. As long as you do what your told and do not suggest any process improvements you'll be fine. I just couldn't continue to work for a department where employee input was viewed as a bad thing.
Pros
Cafeteria, covered parking
Cons
disfunctional management
Great atmosphere, good music and very supportive management
i would check in with the MOD to see what had been already done, needs to be done and sales plan for the day/week. Most days i'd start my shift off with customer service, my shift usually started when there was heavy foot traffic. When things slowed down me and the MOD would focus on rearranging the stock or changing the visuals in the store to keep a fresh in style look. Those were always the things i enjoyed the most being that my managers gave me a lot of creative license, the worst part would probably just getting the store in shape for the next day; because in retail there is always a lot of folding, fixing, cleaning and reorganizing to do. Being able to connect my phone to play music in the store really made closing a breeze, plus i always had an awesome friendly coworker along side.
Pros
30% discount, able to play music in store, family environment, flexible schedule
Cons
hours being cut
Hard Work is Well-Compensated
RGA is a company of professionals who work hard and are well-compensated. The cafeteria and fitness center are perqs; however, the company runs a bit lean so you will earn your compensation.