RGA Employee Reviews

Lead of RGA department
Operator of an forklift and cherry picker (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 12, 2018
Lead over five associates. We received in returned packing back from customers . Then we will received in has good or damage. If items are good. The items will be returned back to the shelf for sale. Package will be receive from FED-X or UPS. The warehouse will receive in 160 boxes from both carriers. The package come in ever day.
Micromanagement at it best
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 27, 2017
They employ "At Will", and have you sign documents stating so. They will and have exercised their right to "Fire at Will". Extremely high turnover.

I'm seem at least 5 people leave or get terminated in the short time I was there.
Short Term Project
Asset Reconciliation (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 26, 2017
Scanned all assets at in the building and worked with the other locations in the other countries to get serial numbers and count for phones and other assets.
Pros
Great team astomphere
Cons
Too many contractors
Massive Studio, Fun Projects
3D Generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
The people in my department were all great. People were willing to help when you needed it. I was given plenty of freedom and opportunities to showcase other ways I can help out.
Fun retail job, had events for customers and their children
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2017
The job itself wasn't hard. I loved my job. The problem arose when upper management changed. I guess all my work and sacrifices for two yrs was wasted.
Familiar industry
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2017
After being in the insurance industry for 10 + years, RGA was familiar, which is why I took the contact. I enjoyed my time there and fulfilled my obligations
Good, solid company to work for with many opportunities for advancement
Administrative Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 28, 2016
typical 9 to 5 day with normal breaks, fun people to work with and great benefits. I held several different jobs throughout my time there, so I learned many different things about different aspects of the business. Management is good in some departments and not so good in others, and when I was there the managers were allowed to opt out of training classes that I, as a new supervisor, found very useful to help me manage my people. The lack of commitment and/or indifference to self-improvement on some managers' parts was disheartening and was evident in their management styles. The hardest part of the job was workload/time management and the constant push to meet exceedingly difficult goals. The most enjoyable part was the relationships I had with my co-workers. I made a lot of good friends over the years, many of whom I still talk to.
Difficult to work with IT Management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 31, 2016
This was possibly the worst job I've ever had. I drove 45 minutes each way to sit at a desk and twiddle my thumbs, beg for work, and was pretty much told I obviously didn't understand.
My immediate supervisor couldn't make decisions on her own but looked to her manager to tell her what to do for everything. I'm a highly educated employee who has spent years in hands on IT and Management positions and I found it extremely uncomfortable to watch IT management throw temper tantrums because an employee made suggestions to fix things that the IT manager didn't agree with. The atmosphere is stifling and not conducive to success. As long as you do what your told and do not suggest any process improvements you'll be fine. I just couldn't continue to work for a department where employee input was viewed as a bad thing.
Pros
Cafeteria, covered parking
Cons
disfunctional management
Great atmosphere, good music and very supportive management
Sales Associate/Lead Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NY 11706July 9, 2016
i would check in with the MOD to see what had been already done, needs to be done and sales plan for the day/week. Most days i'd start my shift off with customer service, my shift usually started when there was heavy foot traffic. When things slowed down me and the MOD would focus on rearranging the stock or changing the visuals in the store to keep a fresh in style look. Those were always the things i enjoyed the most being that my managers gave me a lot of creative license, the worst part would probably just getting the store in shape for the next day; because in retail there is always a lot of folding, fixing, cleaning and reorganizing to do. Being able to connect my phone to play music in the store really made closing a breeze, plus i always had an awesome friendly coworker along side.
Pros
30% discount, able to play music in store, family environment, flexible schedule
Cons
hours being cut
Hard Work is Well-Compensated
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 10, 2016
RGA is a company of professionals who work hard and are well-compensated. The cafeteria and fitness center are perqs; however, the company runs a bit lean so you will earn your compensation.
A very good company to work for
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Powhatan, VAJanuary 23, 2016
I started with RGA Inc. in the year of 1984 work with them until I retired in 2010. I started building there traffic signal equipment as my first job. Then I was promoted to Production Manager. I was responsible of timely shipping and receiving , delegation of production schedules , supervision of production department personnel.
Pros
Always chance of advancement
Cons
Bonuses
productive
Checker (Former Employee) –  Mindoro, WIJanuary 20, 2016
im start to work at 8am to 3pm .im learned so manny work her to talk the seriously and prevate to the other people. but im enjoying to work with my officemate.
Pros
free lunch and allowance.
Cons
Fun place and great people
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 29, 2015
I love this place. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day to handle every patients need. We all work as a team to help our patients out. I have learned a lot while working here.
Pros
Free lunch, employee of the month
N/a
Technician, Franklin Fueling Systems (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEJuly 31, 2015
A typical day for me as RGA Technician at Franklin Fueling System involved receiving incoming defective parts from the field and loging them into our RGA tracking system. Depending on which parts were received, I would either test them myself or send them to the work cell that originally built the part to be tested.
High stress but staff were incredible
Accounts Receivable, Billing,Vendor liaison (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 24, 2015
Very High Pressure environment. I enjoyed the work, but management bordered the line of becoming unethical. The staff were great and we all tried to make the best of the situation.
Great company to work for
Coordinator/Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LAKELAND, FLJuly 21, 2015
GROWING COMPANY, BUNCH OF YOUNG PEOPLE AND HIGHLY MOTIVATED. FAMILY ORIENTED, PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITY OF MOVE UP. But there is a lot of favoritism, and its not what you know, its who you know.
Pros
Benefits, Vacations and sick pay
Cons
Low salary raise
Challenging
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 27, 2015
This was a hard place to get things done based on the management and their nonsense. This was a difficult place to get things done on a day to day schedule.
Pros
new buildings
Cons
poor management unethical managers
Fun and informative coworkers.
Specialist/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 16, 2015
Ran daily report. Dispositioned open NMT's. Processed returns. Moved inventory within JDE. Inspected parts/orders. Contact suppliers via email and/or phone. Discussed corrective actions regarding NC material.

I learned everything from the inspector there, who reciently retired. Therefore, enabling me to train new hires.
Management would pop in once in a while for an update. Otherwise we communicated via email and phone.
The hardest part of the job was figuring out the missing parts of a GFE kit, and was told to order the pieces, however, no one was able to tell me how that ordering process is to be done.
I sincerely enjoyed my co-workers personallity, they made the environment pleasant.
Pros
I was independent and knew the importance of my reliability.
Cons
Warehouse was at 57 degrees all winter. Electrical outlets was sparse. My drive/travel was 40 miles.
Has a play area for kids.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 16, 2014
The best part of my day is my co workers. Each day is a learning experience. There is always something new happening. Good or bad. The hardest part of my job is getting answers for operational questions. Its a new company.
Cons
travel
Innovation at its best
Group Account Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2012
RGA is full of talented, passionate folks who are very good at what they do, and enjoy doing it. I was surrounded by some of the best talent in the business. The agency has grown tremendously over the years and at times you could work on a team for just one client that was larger than a small agency. RGA's sweet spot is digital and platform innovation, as well as social media expertise.