Rgp Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Consultant
Consultant - Assisted clients (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAOctober 4, 2018
Interim Cost Analysis Manager responsible for monitoring manufacturing order cost variances/performance, monthly analysis of manufacturing cost variances, inventory FIFO cost adjustment, capitalization of R&D costs, support CPA annual audit supporting schedule requests.
Great job
Senior Compensation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Great job. I enjoy the company. The work is exciting. The leadership is fantastic. I would recommend this company. This company is the best company I have every worked for.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Opportuntites
Very good company to work for.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaSeptember 12, 2018
They always take care of their employees and their families. Provided good career opportunities. I enjoyed working for RGP. They offered good compensation and benefits.
Short-term relationship.
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Very intelligent and in tune with the employment opportunities. No typical work day as this is a placement company and not affiliated with client requirements on a daily basis.
Great place to work for.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 20, 2018
Great place to work for. Great projects. Great people.
Interesting projects at local companies.
A great experience if you like variety in work and industry.
Pros
Great projects.
Cons
None.
A standard staffing augmentation company
Project Manger (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2018
I did a project with RGP for a client. RGP was helpful, caring and its reps seemed to genuinely be interested in helping you. asdlfkjalskdjf;lasjkdf;lajsdf;lasjkdf;lajksdf;lkajsd;flkjas;ldkfj
A Body shop
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
I found the job I wanted, at a company which "happened" to use RGP for it's contract roles. So I brought the job to them. This is not a fluke, but rather the norm. I thought I would have the ability to find another role when the current contract expired b/c of my "association" with RGP. In reality, there is little to no actual work done on your behalf to find the next gig. Lots of "fluff" no actual "stuff" in this regard. After I rolled off the contract gig, NOT ONE phone call, interview, customer meeting NOTHING! This is the norm.

On the downside:
*1x a month "lunches" which on YOUR free time, but you are required to attend (they don't pay you)
*Occasional "meetings" in the evening - NOT PAID
*OT - yes you'll have to do it, and yes it is also NOT PAID
*You'll be required to (falsely) claim you "manage" people so that they don't have to pay you overtime.
*Prepared to look for your own next gig, they have no real "dept" or person(s) who do this
*They'll advise you to look in job boards and then bring the jobs to them... really??

Compared to other contract companies at the same firm I was at, RGP:
*Had worse benefits
*Did not pay OT, while the others did
*Required less heads up when contracts were cancelled /expired (little or no notice to YOU vs 1 YEAR solid contract with other body shops at the same customer)
*No guaranteed contract for YOU vs 1YR, 18Mo contracts for other body shops' employees

Though RGP is relatively large, they have really immature internal systems pay, time keeping, benefits portal, for example are super old and buggy - often
  more... don't work.

Lastly, they are surprisingly VERY BAD at understanding their own value as a company. Their contracts are very customer friendly, while not protecting RGP employees (or hey idiots, for that matter, YOUR INCOME STREAM). While small companies (like less than 15 employees) manage to negotiate much better contracts at the same firm. This shows you how little RGP values its own contractors, their own firm, their own ability to meet a customers' needs.

Shame to watch them implode as their customer base shrinks dramatically, their ability to garner any contracts is non existent. Many decent contractors will face layoffs or separation at the end of a gig.
Pros
Work at larger companies, hope you transition to someone elses employee
Cons
Instability
The company was flexible
Senior Consultant, Healthcare Compliance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
As a consulting group, RGP provided a flexible platform that allowed for great interaction with clients. THis is the silliest thing i have every had to do to apply for a job. I think Indeed is a rip off.
Contract to Milacron (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 22, 2018
It was contract position. Worked there until I was hired by MIlacron. Had very little contact with management of RGP or managers. It was ok for a contract position and that was it.
Fantastic people, better that average benefits, no job security, "one and done" mentality for the most part
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2018
Fantastic people to work with, however, much like most Financial Consulting firms, there is a client centric priority that far exceeds the needs of the billable consultant. In my personal experience, the client was extending engagements on bi-weekly intervals. This scenario provides little job security for the consultant. The Management while discussing continuity for the consultant(i.e. another client engagement) opted to make the existing client happy(understandable but imbalanced).

So, while RGP is truly one of the better Consulting firms, there is a measure of job insecurity to contend with. As an employee you best be keeping your eyes open for your next engagement. I opted to give maximum effort to the client in the hope that the end result would be recognized and/or appreciated by both client and RGP(thus creating more opportunity). As the engagement wrapped up, there was little indication from RGP that there was going to be employment continuity for me, the Consultant. Off to the "bench".

I personally cannot afford to sit and wait.
Pros
Great staff, steady billable hours(while engaged), Paid OT rates, Accrued PTO, Paid Holidays with time served, very professional demeanor
Cons
You're paid 50% of your client billable rate, Little job security, large bench of consultants, little real contact and PD, no "one on ones"

Want to know more about Rgp?

Ask a question
Great place to work, people are the company's assets
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 6, 2018
Provide no-non-sense advise to clients. Help clients with their day-to-day financial planning and analysis needs.

RGP promotes empowerment with their employees. Very team oriented.
Rgp
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Irvine) (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 5, 2018
I have worked for RGP for a few years now and I can truly say I enjoy being around the people I work with. RGP hires good hard working individuals that are always ready to help.
Poor leadership,lack of communication and no strategic direction
Senior Consultant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2018
Not a good environment and the company has no life balance. The directors work in silos by industry so there is poor communication between coworkers and lack of communication, poor leadership and no strategic direction from executive management.
Pros
Cons
Pressure to work out of town
Lack of projects
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 5, 2018
You get paid only when you are assigned to a project. They don't have enough project but hire too many consultants. Very little training, networking and information sharing.
Pros
Temp job agency, could be an in between job option.
Cons
Not enough project
RGP Consulting
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
Diverse consulting engagements that broadened and deepened my FP&A portfolio. Strong effort to reduce bench time. Solid reputation in finance and accounting.
Great Place to work
Senior Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
RGP has always been a great place to work. They value their employees and support their decisions. The hardest part of my job is the transition from one client to another and the commute to the new client. Some of the projects have been very rewarding and others have been great opportunities to be able to use my skills. I have learned a great deal about the common pitfalls that companies fall into and that prepares me to be able to help other companies how to avoid the pitfalls.
RGP Declining!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
RGP was great for it's era but hasn't changed anything in 20 years and now all of a sudden they want to change everything which unfortunately is not working. Most of the people are miserable, overworked and they don't have a good model that supports what they do. They are a high end staffing company that thinks they are management consulting, which they are not. It's unfortunate because many of the people at RGP are amazing and highly talented. I'm disappointed in the direction the company has taken and while the new CEO has implemented some much needed changes, she's part of the founder's club which is not healthy. They need to be acquired and plugged into a larger organization and the executive team needs to be removed from their roles. This is a company I would not recommend working for.
Pros
Generous Base Salary & Flexiiblity to work from home
Cons
Poor Exec Leadership, NO technology, Poor Sales Team, Poor Org Structure
Very much liked RPG
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2018
I truly enjoyed my work RPG and especially my time consulting with YPO. The work I got to do was exciting and fit perfectly with my desires to travel and work in a field that I truly enjoyed.,
Nice Company to work for
Manager, SOX / Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2018
RGP is publicly traded (RECN); an international consulting firm founded in 1996 as a division of Deloitte & Touche. Have grown into a global consulting firm providing strategy and execution for some of the world’s largest, best-known businesses.
Flexible jobs available to choose from as a consultant
Project Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2018
I was able to select a job that allows me to work from home with limited travel. They hold Quarterly meetings at the Corporate office in down town Pittsburgh. These meeting provide updates on the health of the company and they provide Dinner for the consultants during this meeting event.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rgp. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss