RHA Health Services Employee Reviews

Staff did not follow policy
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Maiden, NCJanuary 18, 2019
Staff was allowed to leave clients in soiled clothing, while staff did not attend to the needs of clients. When I brought this to the attention of management, I was told to not fuss so much. I was made out to be the one doing wrong. I reported many, many severe occurrences to management, but they were overlooked. I requested a transfer to work in a different area. The request was denied. I could no longer work in these conditions.
Cons
Poor managment
Keep Seeking
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2019
A typical day consists meetings, paperwork, too many Chiefs not enough Indians, no consistency or accountability. The culture at the workplace is very unprofessional and somewhat political.
The hardest part is the favoritism. Clients lack quality of care.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
Stressful underpaid unappreciated overwhelmed
DSA (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 15, 2019
They promise you a lot in the interview then get you on and act like they forgot what they promised you qp and home manager are friends so if you think going to home manager will make a difference it won't its drama in the houses and office no raises no bonuses whatsoever 9.50 is the starting and ending pay to do NURSE DUTIES the clients never get money to spend I would always use MY OWN MONEY on them
Pros
You could go places
Cons
When you went places you use your own money for self and clients
Overall
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 8, 2019
If you are passionate about helping others than this is the job for you. The staff is friendly and the clients are a joy to interact with. Would recommend.
stressful
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 7, 2019
This job is very stressful, but you learn a lot about yourself. Management is very unorganized and corporate makes decisions that affect the company negatively, without regard. Depending on your role in the company, some staff are not respectful of others.
rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 5, 2019
arrived at 6:00 am woke clients washed dressed transfer and transport , feed and changed incontinence, return to room to put them down for sleep, wok them up again and repeated the skills.
Seeing Residents Happy
Developmental Technician (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 26, 2018
Frustrating some days because management wont intervene when time, I learned that my residents were more important than anything, it was versatile, enjoy the smiles of patients
Pros
took kids out
Cons
didn't have meeting
Heartwarming but stressful
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 26, 2018
I enjoyed working here because it brought joy to me helping others but the pay and the work were not equal. You really must commit a lot of time to this business if wanting to work here.
Great Place to Work
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deep Gap, NCDecember 8, 2018
RHA is not a job for everyone. If you value helping those with developmental disabilities then it is for you. However, the work can be demanding at times. It is still very rewarding.
Need more pay
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCDecember 6, 2018
Need more pay and hours. One lady left the group home so now the house manager took my one on one .. So now I have to look for hours. Don’t think that’s was right..
RHA has a stressful work environment. This company places unrealistic work expectations on most staff.
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCDecember 4, 2018
RHA-Health Services, LLC is a company that places their employees concerns last. Their capital concern is to maximize staff duties and decreased pay.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
an overload of staff duties, incompetent management
Direct Support Associate
DIRECT SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working with individuals who are considered developmentally delayed. I assisted with daily living skills and provided transportation to medical appointment visits.
It was ok for quick money that is because of mandatory overtime. Other then that need some work on value who work for the company
Charge (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 27, 2018
I really wish they would value their employees more. Also consider sacrifices that are made by employees in order to see the company grow. Communication is key.
Poor management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 26, 2018
I loved working with the clients. however the management and staff could be upgraded.. It was alot of nit picking and unprofessionalism going on. very unfair
Client Centered
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, NCNovember 15, 2018
RHA supports the individuals that we serve. We assist them with their daily living and functional skills. I love working with the individuals. I look forward to going to work every day that I am scheduled.
Pros
Clients come first
Cons
Pay isn't enough
Rha
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GANovember 13, 2018
This is a good place to work if you are good at taking the functions of the job and making them work for you. People are nice, but there is no interdepartmental communication.
Nice company.
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 9, 2018
The workplace was a place of innovation with a heart. I really enjoyed the environment and culture. The experience was something that I will always remember.
time at RHA
House Manager/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 3, 2018
Good company to work for, but will be long hours and possible overtime. Benefits are great. Office personnel are good. I just did not like some much overtime and the distance to drive.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
at times long hours
Very rewarding to work with the clientele but an unbearable job due to horrible "management," low pay, pathetic benefits, and blatant lack of respect.
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 1, 2018
RHA is widely reviled in Asheville for being the worst MH/SA facility to work at out of all of the local agencies, and for very good, very valid reasons. Do yourself a favor and do not work here. People will either laugh at you, pity you, or both. Time spent working at RHA is time from your life you will never get back. There needs to be a support group in AVL for folks who for one reason or another have found themselves in the revolting and soul-murdering position of working for this company.
Pros
Working with the clientele.
Cons
Low pay, no raises EVER, super-expensive health insurance, culture of fear and no appreciation for the workers.
I love having the opportunity to help see the people I support advance in life, but company / management doesn’t care about employees with concerns
Administered medication as directed by physician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 31, 2018
Compensation is not great, love working with the people I support and co workers are awesome when supported by them. Company will hire just about anyone.
Pros
Helping people I support
Cons
Pay and no 401k matching

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RHA Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight