RHA Health Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall good experience
Developmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2018
This was a fulfilling opportunity, where I learned vast amounts and the work I did was valued. My position was important in insuring the patient plans were being carried out accurately and safely.
Caregiver
Direct Care Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 15, 2018
There was so much to do and not enough time. A lot of time working long hours and not getting paid enough for the work you do. Other than that staff was amazing. We all worked very well with one another. Management was good but over head wasn't. Not enough good commutations.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
healthcare, Pay, Commutation
great place
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 13, 2018
Great place to work i love everything about it! they houses are nice! the employees are well. the Job cares about its employees with Bonuses and raises
Loved the staff
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 12, 2018
I really loved the staff and the clients. They were very easy to work with. They were always there for you. They were always willing to help you in anyway they could.
Enjoyed working with disabled consumers find jobs
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
It was a learning experience conversing with managers to hire clients, along with gaining trust and confidence with the client, but I learned that spending time with disabled client, and getting to know them helps them to open up and talk and discuss what their interest. The work place was very good, I enjoyed working with my supervisor because she was always there to assist in areas that I needed assistance with. The hardest part of the job at times was helping clients maintain their job especially once they are stabilized and when I had to began to fade, but I would remind them that I they had problems at work, they could call me and I will always do what I could to help, and that I would be available when I could. It made me feel good when they would get their paycheck which would make them feel independent.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
lots of driving which lead to lots of car repairs. Not enough gas pay
Drama filled and poor management
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJuly 10, 2018
Would not recommend between pay and work environment it is not a legit place to work. They show favoritism where a majority of staff does not follow policy.
Great job for those in medical field.
Wexford House (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time in this position, but I felt a bit like I was just a department that the nurses sent a family member to when they didn't feel like dealing with their complaints. I enjoyed the work with the residents and families.
RHA Health Services
Mobile Crisis Mangement Team - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 4, 2018
Difficult as I was on Mobile Crisis Team and and team lead as well.

Enjoyed co-workers and staff

Long Hours and stressful work setting due to hours on call.
could be a very fun place to work
DIRECT SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCJune 27, 2018
could be a very fun place to work, however, the responsibilities could be stressful due to the lack of participation within the staff. No room for advancement, and no pay increases.
Pros
schedule wasn't too bad
Cons
Compaints about not getting enough hours, and some employees were very lazy in work performance
about work
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 25, 2018
The job itself is okay, the clients we support are sweet hearts but the managers and co-workers have to many personal relationships on the job. Drama will pull you in if you do not join in. Just keep to yourself and you should be okay.
Pros
Holiday time in half
Cons
waiting on relieve
all about da money - they money
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNJune 22, 2018
You do 16 hr shift and then get put on leave without pay if somebody say you did something to them. The bosses might do 8 hrs but they leave you short most of the time.
Pros
clients
Cons
everything else
Very flexible with time, set my own hours
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2018
I work less than 40 hours and still considered full-time. The company does not want me to work 40 hours unless it is absolutely necessary. I have a wonderful manager. I receive no benefits until 4weeks ago and that's only for PTO. Most employees that work as an Employment Specialist love what they do. However, the company does not support it's employees and provide much for them.
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
mileage reimbursement is less then other companies
RHA is a good place for someone just starting in the mental health field.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCJune 20, 2018
RHA is a fast paced place. It has individuals with all types of diagnosis including behaviors. RHA provides good services for the people they serve.Plenty of group activities which allows individuals to interact and get to know each other. Building relationships.
Pros
Quality care from our own nurses. Involved in outside activities other than our own such as Proms, dances, working, volunteering, etc.
Cons
RHA is frequently under staffed which makes changes in scheduled activities and other things.
Direct Support Proffesional
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Trenton, TNJune 20, 2018
RHA Is a great job, they are very well maintained in there taking care of everyone. The pay is actually quiet low especially with th epeople we are working with.
Great mission statement and purpose
DISTRICT BEHAVIOR SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCJune 7, 2018
Being successful with this company is all about your work location. Some of the units are better to work for; therefore creating a better atmosphere.
Excellent Work Culture
Exceptional Children's(EC) Teacher- SAC & Autistic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
RHA Howell Center was a unique place to work, where employees were treated like family. The culture was one of respect and kindness. I learned about the different types of people who lived at the center. My favorite part of the job was working with the people I worked with.
Pros
stall support
Cons
being displaced due to number of students
Need to pay more
Dsa (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 6, 2018
They need to pay more at rha but I really enjoy working there been there for 11 almost 12 years I enjoy helping people out getting to know different individuals is amazing they are great to work with
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Break
Helping the clients
DSA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, NCJune 5, 2018
Working there isn’t bad at all. It is what you would expect. The clients are awesome but there are a few that can be difficult. It really wasn’t a bad place to work but if something happens to one of the clients and you are assigned to them that day even if it was t your fault then don’t be surprised to be suspended for a few days and probably fired like I was bc another employee lied and made up a story that didn’t even happen and they believed her over me. So thats why I don’t recommend working there.
Pros
Getting close with the clients and helping them out
Cons
can get fired or suspended for something that’s not even your fault.
management
CST (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 5, 2018
If you like being micro managed, this is the place for you.
Management was not consistent for all employees. Supervisors set tasks that went into overtime and they wouldn't approve overtime. But, if you didn't complete your assigned tasks, you were written up.
Pros
Working with clients who wanted to gain independence
Cons
Everything else
Great job
Direct Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 26, 2018
working with children that need you is an amazing job. You as an employee are able to create an great day for the children you take care of daily. I feel that with a change of management the place would be amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RHA Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight