Rheem Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

Benefits vs Career Growth
Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 16, 2018
Rheem provides one of the best benefit programs. Excellent health coverage plans with HSA / FSA choices. Annual raises depending on performance to include Deferred Profit Sharing beginning after 1 year employment. Career advancements do not exist but excellent soft-skills training are provided by passionate trainers. Management roles are outsourced instead of internal hiring. Broad product variety for end consumer. Business units do not have performance metrics align with other units causing delay / dysfunctional business decisions.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401K, Dps, softskills training
Cons
lack of career advancement, non existent hardskills professional development opportunities
Excellent group of people to work with!
Engineering Process & Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 24, 2018
My work with Rheem has been very rewarding. I have worked with a small, close-knit group of engineers for several years, and I am always learning something new! As someone without an Engineering background, I have been able to build an in-depth knowledge and understanding of circuit board design and business management, along with facility operations and short-term project management. The culture of the workplace has been one of respect and team work, and our manager is a person of the utmost integrity who helps us find viable solutions when we need help.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule around family needs
Cons
Long commute
Culture and training
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 4, 2019
Both positions held at the company have had a dismal lack of training. With the move to the new position little to no training was provided and all training on software I found online and had to learn outside of hours due to being given projects that were held by an upper employee who had 15+ years of experience. Needless to say i was lost.

Morale is low due to management not caring for its employees.
Opportunity to grow your career and meet lots of different people
IT Support Technician (Co-Op/Internship) (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 13, 2018
Opportunity to grow your career and meet lots of different people. Good opportunity to learn the manufacturing realm. Research and Division department was always cool to visit
Pros
Good opportunity to get into the manufacturing realm
Cons
very loud, behind on technology
Brazier (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJuly 11, 2018
Would not listen to reason and wanted me to make it work. Then would complain about not being fast enough. Supervisor and team leads could not do my job nor take the time to update the schematic and blueprint
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Fun fast pace environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 15, 2018
I considered the job to be a fair paying job which the opportunity to upgrade to a higher paying job. I really hate that the job closed. I would go back if it ever opened up again
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job security
fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 5, 2018
Before the plant closed down, it was a great place to work. You were given many opportunities to advance within the company. You worked with people who were like family
Pros
some long days
Cons
advancement benefits
repetetive place to work
parts bag (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GASeptember 7, 2018
heating and air production plant. Lot of standing and repetetive work. Workflow unsteady and not balanced. Plant was not air conditioned and would be very hot in the summer months.
Pros
Cons
working conditions, long hours standing
Very relaxing
Inspector, Line worker, etc. (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 24, 2018
Typical day at rheem. was very productive day, you learned a lot, because there were several different kinds of units, management, treat there employees with respect.
The hardest part of the job was on a bad day keeping up with the line.
The hardest part was inspecting the units making sure all the right parts are on them.
The supervisor at Rheem, where very well picked, because, all of them treated you with respect,
Pros
Cons
Short
It's Ok
Forklift Operator / Lead Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 20, 2018
The new management is not good, the new manager seems like he does not know what he is doing, he seems like he is taking the company in the wrong direction.
N/a
Press operator/Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 7, 2018
A typical day at work was great. Enjoyed working with others and different cultures. Got along with everyone never had a problem with any of my co-workers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Typical workday at Rheem
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 20, 2018
A typical workday at Rheem would be to clock in 14 minutes prior to shift. Get a schedule and see what 1st shift had accomplished and check machine before starting. Then finished the schedule for the next day work.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Not a bad place to work
Safety & Work Comp Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 31, 2018
Culture can be a little tough and it is a union environment. Overall, not necessarily a bad place to work. Implementing change can be a challenge but with hard work and union buy-in, it can certainly be done.
Pros
good benefits
Hurtful comments
Packer (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCNovember 11, 2018
Started on Thursday and right of the bat the drama started. Didn't know a soul there and wham the hateful comments start. They say no drama but that's b.s. right there. Same on Friday and it's always that one person that does it, plus every one makes noise and you can't concentrate on your own job. So in a nutshell watch yourself, keep to yourself and do your work and don't talk to anyone because you can't trust people in these places.
Pros
Tv
Cons
Everything else
A Temp assignment
Accts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
I assisted a 3 man team with posting payments, mailing invoices daily, research, answer inquires. A nice work environment and location. I enjoyed working at the company and met some nice employees,
Pros
early schedule
Cons
Temp position
production
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 11, 2018
working at rheem is production fast pace steady job standing lifting working over time hands on experience working in heat clean work area team work learning different assignments safety positive attitude i learned working there is being able to work on your own learning on your own hardest part is getting behind and not be able to keep up i enjoy the fast pace and working as team worker
Great palce to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work before the company decided to move overseas. Good pay, and even though it was fast paced; the work was easy. Laid back environment. Best job I've ever had.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Company moved overseas
I believe Rheem is trying to move in the right direction.
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 11, 2018
As a whole, management has improved its communication with hourly employees concerning its vision for Rheem as a manufacturer and its desire to improve its products and services. The hardest part of working at Rheem is working during the summer. Rheem is not air conditioned. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people.
Come work here and get paid!!!
Senior Production Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 25, 2018
Its a good job with old school ways from 20+ year tenured employees on average. Its the most union-non union shop you will ever find. You seriously have to mess up to get fired from here. The commercial end of the business carries the facility and I keep it going.
I enjoyed the people
MANAGER- EDUCATION AND CONTENT DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2018
Very warm and comfortable place to work. I started my career on the assembly line and over the course of 13 years, I worked my way up to Manager of Education and Content Development.
Pros
Travel and great people to work with
Cons
a bit slow to advance through company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rheem Manufacturing Company. Our community is ready to answer.