Rheem Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Customer Service Rep (Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJJune 28, 2018
I had a Great time working with customers over the phone tech support an troubleshooting product issues an concerns about new products an services help customers with product related issues
Typical workday at Rheem
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 20, 2018
A typical workday at Rheem would be to clock in 14 minutes prior to shift. Get a schedule and see what 1st shift had accomplished and check machine before starting. Then finished the schedule for the next day work.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Short breaks
I believe Rheem is trying to move in the right direction.
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 11, 2018
As a whole, management has improved its communication with hourly employees concerning its vision for Rheem as a manufacturer and its desire to improve its products and services. The hardest part of working at Rheem is working during the summer. Rheem is not air conditioned. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people.
Productive Place to Work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 8, 2018
I learned a lot and feel my department was managed well. Good holiday hours, vacation and sick time. Enjoyed being able to travel for work. I had good working hours 7am-4pm.
Great pay
Credit & Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 29, 2018
This company pays interns/COOPs a great deal more than most facilities in Fort Smith, AR. I enjoyed the staff. They took me in, and invited me to participate in all their activities.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Departments did not always communicate well with one another.
Come work here and get paid!!!
Senior Production Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 25, 2018
Its a good job with old school ways from 20+ year tenured employees on average. Its the most union-non union shop you will ever find. You seriously have to mess up to get fired from here. The commercial end of the business carries the facility and I keep it going.
Company
INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 14, 2018
This was another great place to work. It was very fair to the employees. This place closed down and i had to find another job. I miss working here....
I enjoyed the people
MANAGER- EDUCATION AND CONTENT DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2018
Very warm and comfortable place to work. I started my career on the assembly line and over the course of 13 years, I worked my way up to Manager of Education and Content Development.
Pros
Travel and great people to work with
Cons
a bit slow to advance through company
Nice company with break area
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 17, 2018
Rheem Manufacturing Company is an American privately held manufacturer that produces residential and commercial water heaters and boilers, as well as heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment. The company also produces and sells products under the Ruud brand name. It is a subsidiary of Paloma Industries.
Productive, calm atmosphere
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 2, 2018
Rheem's Shared Services division provides a calm, laid back atmosphere making it low stress. However we do whatever is needed to make sure the work is complete.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Productive, comfortable laid back environment
Crimper (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 27, 2018
If I could I would go back to rheem if I had a chance. It's laid back, kinda like your supervising yourself but your really not... it's very easy and quick to learn... and the people there are easy to work with... and the pay is pretty good also
Work laod stressful majority of the time 7 days a week
Arc Welder, quality assurance air and gas tester (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 16, 2018
that is all I can say just wish it was fair for temps across the board I was ignored with perfect attendance on monorail for 2 years I learned a lot from working in two different departments. I suggest they make it more family oriented try and bring the plant together to better the work environment and livelihood of the production floor . Team leaders should be evaluated quarterly better tabs kept on them from the production floor all the way to plant manager. more incentives for employees. and actually hire people to give hope might change turn over rate for the plant. The favoritism in high places not necessary main reason a lot of good workers get overlooked in the hiring cycle.
Pros
the hours i guess
Cons
running through breaks
Good place to work.
Product Development Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 27, 2018
Good place to work. Balanced work and home. The work culture is very friendly. The hardest part of the job is getting to know everyone. I have learned a lot about work and life from this company.
Rheem
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 18, 2018
maintain machines
very good work place
very organized structure
enjoyed working on the computer system
making sure the machines work properly
great friendly staff
Very Productive
Assembly Line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 6, 2018
It was very productive not hard but productive we had a customer quote we had to meet every day so we was always working at a fast pace.I learn a lot of hands on experience
Management needs growth
Accounts Receivable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 4, 2018
The management needs growth in their knowledge of accounting as well as how to deal with employees. This was a bad experience for me. I wanted growth from management and could not get it because he lacked knowledge
Productive and easy-going workplace
Accounts Receivable Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 31, 2018
Rheem Manufacturing is a nice place to work. It is laid back, a nice environment and management is helpful. The office is very nice and caters to the employees.
Not a bad place to work
Safety & Work Comp Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 31, 2018
Culture can be a little tough and it is a union environment. Overall, not necessarily a bad place to work. Implementing change can be a challenge but with hard work and union buy-in, it can certainly be done.
Pros
good benefits
Not So Fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 24, 2018
Not very good work distribution, not a fun city location, below average management, no chance to move up ladder, some colleagues will do what they need to impress even if it means undermining you.
It’s a great job to have if you’ve secured full time position
Material Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 24, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for Rheems. It was very convenient as far as lunch and and if you ever need a atm. Long hours which were welcomed and freedom to work without being harassed. Management can be kind of shaky with so many people you have to go through.
Pros
Nice pay and different job options
Cons
Management can be pretty shaky