Rhino Staging Employee Reviews

Amazing job
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAAugust 13, 2018
The job I absolutely enjoyed the most of my work experience. Yes it was stressful, it can have it's drama but none of that means anything compared to the fulfilment of building stages, props, lighting, etc. I absolutely loved working there and left on not horrible terms (my part not them) and still speak to the staff. It was like working with family, I looked forward to be at work every single day. The pay was beautiful too. Sad part is you have to be 18 or older to work there since it is a labor intensive job. Again, amazing place to work for.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Extended periods of time standing
very cool place to work
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 5, 2018
I loved working here. Very nice job. Good hours can work as a second job, fun people, unloaded and loaded trucks, audio, carpentry, labor, nice managers,
Ok for the desperate
Stagehand (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 2, 2018
Hours were random, Work was long in the sun, had to drive an hour just to get to the places, no warning if you we going to get called in for a job. Very impatient managers, and a lot of favoritism to workers who had been there longer.
Pros
It was paid Work
they don't care
stagehand (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2018
The don't care about the employee only the client. no room for advancement if you have a brain. they promote the most incapable people. only good thing i got out of this company was the limited experience that got me into the industry.
Work Here to Earn Lower Pay than a Rhino on exhibit at the Zoo!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2018
Showbiz is filled with many turkeys trying to cut corners to save money. Rhino is just another company that underpays its employees. They have eliminated the traditional pay scale rates.
I would not work for them due to their low pay and lack of benefits. They are Union Busters.
I would not hire them because I would doubt the skills of many of their underpaid and undertrained techs.
Essentially they are a labor pool or temp service for wannabe roadies.
Pros
Free ugly tshirts, looking cool backstage
Cons
Free ugly tshirts, lower pay than a Rhino at the Zoo
Fun but not Fun
Stage Hand / Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2018
Love the type of work hate how they schedule for gigs after you told them you weren't available. There a lot of newbies who didn't know what they are doing.
Dont let anyone fool you.
Everything (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2018
Rhino staging northwest consist of a lot of know-it-all greenhorns who will try to tell you what's what after their 3rd gig.
Rhino staging northwest also misses out on COUNTLESS opportunities to stick up for their employees and claim "Its out of their control" just to save face with their clients.
Everyone employed at Rhino staging is expendable as is everyone in this industry, but exceptionally so here.
Manipulation is a tool frequently used by management to get their calls filled.
Human resources at Rhino Staging Northwest is also sun-par with how she treat the employees. She'll meet you with an ungodly attitude one would get from a petty, frustrated wife.
The only way you earn any of the trainings is if you take every call they give you no matter how in convenient it is for you. And they will with out a doubt take advantage of your kindness.
Would only recommend rhino if you yourself are a strong, thick skinned individual who can read through peoples nonsense.
Rhino also has a habit of hiring junkies and drunks and justifying by saying they needed their calls filled.

Do yourself a favor and go to school for this stuff and find a company that will give you benefits and your deserved day rates, because you wont find that at Rhino Staging Northwest.
Cons
All of them
hard work, decent pay and very very few hours
stagehand (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2018
The on call jobs with this company were few and far between. was not stable enough to maintain a living to support my family. Jobs and Horus were never guaranteed.
Pros
guaranteed hire
Cons
hardly any hours
intewresting work.
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  tucson arizonaJune 7, 2018
cool place to work , but no benefits its part time and not enough pay. it can be fun at times. although the work has to be done as quickly as possible.
Pros
some traveling
Cons
low hours and low pay.
Equal Opportunity Employer
V3, VSA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2018
I am a female and have noticed that a good percentage of females are hired as well as those with physical and mental challenges. They do not discriminate at all. As long as you are able to learn, be punctual, and practice safety AT ALL TIMES, you will be fine. It's hard work and the hours can be long but everyone is cool to work with and you can make friends. I'm completely new to the industry and wish that I had discovered them a decade ago because I love working for Rhino Staging. There's a lot to learn but there's no doubt that I would've made a full-time career out of this at some point because it's actually fun. What a great company. I have had a relatively great experience working with Rhino Staging and for that, I am truly grateful.
Pros
Eoe, flexible hours, friendly staff, free training
Cons
site maps on their website need to be updated
Fail
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2018
Working with the Seattle team is highly recommended. If you are completely green or cant get hired anywhere else Los Angeles could be for you. Additionally, I'd never hire them for concert or corporate gigs. They're hacks.
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2018
Easy to pick up, quick paced and friendly co workers. Lots of long hours and late/early shifts if you decide to work those. Scheduling is very flexible as they have many people working there.
Hard Work
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2018
Great people, amazing things to see and build but very dangerous work for the money. Lots to learn but advancement is hard fought an its really about who u know.
Pros
Free lunches and paid travel
Cons
no benefits, work comes with the seasons
Wonderful Staff and very flexible scheduling
on call technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
The staff and co-workers really care about each other and I have never had any problems. it is on call work, they understand that some people have busy schedules and don't force you to work, they also don't ask a lot of questions if you turn down a job.
Pros
Breaks often, flexible hours, pays well
Cons
No amount of guaranteed hours
Good place to learn
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2018
Fair leadership. Room to learn new skills. Enjoyable work. Intense labor at times, or plenty of down time. Nice co workers. Chances to travel and see new places.
Pros
Fun environment, travel
Cons
inconsistent hours, far job locations
The only good thing is free concerts.
STAGE HAND (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 25, 2018
Lack of management and poor wages with very little hours per week were my reasons for leaving. I went from manufacturing stages to becoming a stagehand with a mismanaged group of people who needed help just turning a wrench.
Fun,Fast,Rhino
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 6, 2018
I love working for Rhino, probably one of the best jobs I've ever had. I've met some amazing people. The shows we set up for may be tough to do but they are so amazing to watch from the side lines.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
Solid team, could compensate better.
Stagehand (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 3, 2018
Work on an on-call basis, typically under 4 hour shifts, with a minimum of 4 hours paid. Relatively simple work with most if it being pushing or lifting road boxes off of trucks and following a lead. Relatively fun atmosphere, work environment always changing. Learn a lot about setting up audip, video and lighting equipment in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Occasional free lunch if over 4 hours per shift.
Cons
No benefits, relatively low compensation.
Great, fast paced
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2018
Really open to training, welcoming, and helpful environments. Fast paced, productive, fun, hard work! Great pay, people are accepting, encouraging, and the company is dedicated to the safety of employees first.
Fun and collabrative place to work with free tickets
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 21, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job was watching free concerts along with the potential to meet or see celebrities. The hardest part of the job was running the audio and video cables around the venue.
Pros
Free energy drinks and concert tickets.
Cons
no breaks, potentially long hours