Rhoads Creative Employee Reviews

Fun casual environment. Great people.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 29, 2016
I've worked with Rhoads Creative for 2 years and I can honestly say it is the best move I have ever made. The people and the casual atmosphere make working here a pleasure. Their management style is one of the things I like most. I am trusted to work independently but I still learn something significant and new every day from the employees who have been there for years. I feel as though I am mentored not managed. I have worked at other design agencies so I have experience in this field. It is wonderful to actually work somewhere that not only expects quality work but APPRECIATES it!!!
They hire top quality designers who put out great work which is awesome because the customers are happy and it makes my job so much easier. Love it here.
Pros
Casual. Great Management. Quality Work.
Outdated "Marketing" Company
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 16, 2015
In an industry that is ever-changing, Rhoads is stuck in the 90s. It uses outdated marketing tactics and outsources much of its design and programming.

The company is a mother and son and there is absolutely no growth potential. The turnover rate for employees are remarkable. Between people quitting or getting fired, it's a mess.

Navigating a day at Rhoads is impossible due to mismanagement, micromanagement, and poor morale. The promise of advancement and change is a lie. Employees are not trusted and completely under appreciated. The team I worked with there were all hard workers and spent majority of the time being yelled at.

If you have any passion towards marketing, advertising, and web design, stay away. Their work speaks for itself.
Pros
Hours were decent.
Cons
Micromanaging, talking down to employees, nepotism.
Fun Work Environment
account executive (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 16, 2015
Everyone works hard, but there is not too much extra time. Environment is easy-going and staff is fun and friendly. Just moved into a new building that is way better than the before.
Pros
Nice people, easy going
Great company with good benefits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 13, 2015
Everyone is hard working but takes it casually. People are nice and laid-back. Not much if any overtime is required and schedule is flexible.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, people
Cons
Smaller company
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 13, 2015
Company where everyone works hard but takes it casually. Learned a lot about the industry while I was working there. People are nice and you can tell they are growing.

Also they moved into a new office that is not in the basement and much nicer.
Pros
Nice people dedicated to their work, new office
Cons
Growing but still a smaller company
Outdated "agency" way behind the times
web design (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 12, 2015
For a company in a forward thinking industry, Rhoads falls way behind the times. Their practices are of 10 years ago. Looking at their work, you can see that they are stagnant and unwilling to evolve.

The work life at Rhoads is terrible with a feeling of constant sneakiness and drama. Employees are mistreated and forced to operate under both the mismanaged and micromanaged conditions.

Rhoads is not a secure place to work and the turn over rate is VERY high for a lot of reasons.

If you are interested in the web, marketing, design, and/or advertising industry, keep looking. There are a lot better places that you can learn, grow, and enjoy your work life.
Pros
I'm still thinking...
Cons
micromanaged, nepotism, outdated
Great company with good benefits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 5, 2014
I learned a lot during my time there. You are always busy but they make time for everyone to un-wind. Great team and fun atmosphere.
Pros
Great team, helping grow a company
Cons
Workload can become heavy at times, but never too much
If you come to a fork in the Rhoad, take it.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  West ChesterNovember 16, 2013
Rhoads Creative Inc. is a web design company that may seem like a growing and evolving business, however it's one that is stale and at the hands of its owner, president and namesake. Being such a small company, there is zero room for growth as an employee. It's merely a paycheck job with little reward. You will usually be overworked and under-appreciated. The daily ins and outs of Rhoads Creative Inc. is a blueprint for micromanaging. No one is trusted and everyone is interrogated for every job. Their designs are outdated and usually at the President's stronghold. The people are fun at times, but everyone is in the same position, miserable and taking it day by day. As for the environment, the office is in a lower level business building. Don't expect any natural light here. There are a lot better places out there so keep hunting and take your career down a different Rhoad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rhoads Creative. Our community is ready to answer.

Rhoads Creative Reviews by Location