Rhode Island College Employee Reviews

No Comment
Private prefer not to share (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 15, 2019
I would prefer if this section was optional and not required. I would do not want to provide this information at this time; unfortunately, there was not an option to opt-out.
Student Union Hub Coordinator
Student Employee, Welcome & Info Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 3, 2019
Assist director with a department of the Student Union. I managed emails and schedules for students. Also cooperated with SA Marketing to increase tickets sales
Pros
Alines with student schedule
Cons
Small growth as a student
Love ric
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIJanuary 2, 2019
My employer is very nice and makes all of us feel very valued. They try hard to work with your schedule for classes if you’re doing work study like I am. I have time to go to class, study, work, and have time for myself.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
easy
Lathe operator (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIOctober 17, 2018
great job to work when you are a student, the work load is not as much as a normal job i was working a workstudy nefufewfiugbwefbkjskbfaskjbfiufqkwdbabsjfu
Political Favor Cost Me My Job
Interim Assistant Director, Custodial Services (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 26, 2018
I was hired as an Interim appointment with the understanding that I would assume a full-time capacity based on performance. My job, unknown to me at the time of hire, had been promised to someone who had been promoted from a Maintenance Tech to an Assistant Director at or around the time of my hire with the promise that they would assume my job after biding their time in their new place in the organizational hierarchy. At the two year point, my job was given to that person without consideration of my contribution or the merits of my work.

This was perpetrated devoid of ethics and any semblance of a moral compass. In short, I got screwed by an old boys network that valued loyalty and ring kissing to competence and contribution.

It was simply wrong.
Pros
The college community, in general was a pleasure to work with.
Cons
Lack of moral leadership. Union environment and difficulty in unloading dead wood employees.
Interesting and Challenging
Assistant Professor of Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 14, 2018
Teaching is interesting and challenging, I really enjoy it. it also keeps me up to date to most new technology innovations in our CSE field. I also learn a lot from my students
Good Job for Young Adults
Public Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 16, 2018
Working at the James P. Adams Library at the Rhode Island College library taught me responsibility and organizational skills need in order to grow and be successful in the work field today.
hello
Tailor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 4, 2018
I work in the Costume Shop at Rhode Island College, I wish I could work there for eternity but is only a job for students. Student get pays every 2 weeks and staff monthly. But is only a job for each semester.
Great Faculty at RIC
Assistant Professor, Education (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 8, 2018
The best part of working at Rhode Island College is the collaborative faculty and the students. The salary is on the low side, but the teaching is heavenly.
Don't Do It
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 10, 2018
Pay checks were received late, hours were sporadic and minimal. Management in my case was almost non existent, except to tell me to work harder without direction. Work Study is a program that is not for those who depend on a consistent income.
Nice job and nice people
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 11, 2018
The job is very nice it allows you to be your self and help other college students with tutoring services and general questions
when i have free time im able to do my homework
Temporary Job While At School
Front of House Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 16, 2018
Working Front of House at Rhode Island College was fun while it lasted, though the hours weren't very good and the pay was okay. It was a nice job to have while I attended school, and I was able to see many of the shows I worked for free, which was a huge benefit.
werwerwerwe
Reference Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 20, 2018
One of my duty is to be thorough when cataloging or shelving books. I help reference librarians acquire, prepare, and organize materials. I give correct information to people, whether it is in person or by phone call about resources the library offer
no reasons they just do
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 7, 2018
very unorganized it's the faculty verses administration. A lot of work but no security or loyalty. No one has your back and nothing you do will make you one of them.
Collaborative environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 16, 2018
Great team! The mission is focused on health and wellness. The workplace culture is positive and energizing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaboration within the department
Pros
collaborative
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 23, 2017
being an RA at Rhode Island College was a fun experience. meet a lot of cool people. AC's do a greta job of picking your staff. good culture and work environment. compensation is ok. 100 dollars a semester plus free room & board.
awesome school and place to work
Photo Editor, Anchor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 13, 2017
awesome school and great place to work, volunteered while going to school. great school, very client and safe campus. staff was knowledgeable and very supportive of the students. Teachers were also very professional and always went out of their way to help.
Pros
affordable
Cons
it was a volunteer job
Adjunct Professor-Geography (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 4, 2017
I love working with students and enjoy the challenge each semester brings. My supervisors let me be my own boss and run the classes how I wish because I earned their trust and continue to get positive feedback from the students.
Great
Bloomberg Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 30, 2017
School does a great job working around your schedule. Managers are kind. Work environment is relaxing and stress free. Communication between peers can be an obstacle
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Pay could be a little better
3-3 course load
Associate Professor (tenured) (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 20, 2017
Distant administration out of touch with needs of faculty and students.

Not a very collegial group of faculty

So many "interim" administrators leads to a lack of consistency, continuity, and overall vision, direction, and responsibility.