Rhode Island Department of Administration

Rhode Island Department of Administration Employee Reviews

Engaging and collaborative workplace
Policy Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 7, 2017
My experience was very positive. My colleagues and superiors were kind, understanding, and motivated. I completed a wide variety of tasks, and benefited from my strong organizational skills. The workplace environment was both lighthearted and collaborative.
Doa
System Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work consists of several incoming requests or incidents to triage. Training Service Desk analysts while assisting end-users IT support for various IT related hard ware and applications.

The most difficult part of my day is the necessity to triage all incoming service desk requests, incidents and changes in a timely manner

The most enjoyable part of my day is assisting end-users in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Benefits.
Good Job
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 8, 2017
This is a non-profit state agency. Working for a state agency can be both rewarding and frustrating and this would be my experience as well. I worked in Human resources in the last 20+ years of my employment. Saw and processed many appointments over the years. Many legitimate and many political. Overall, my experience was positive and the people were always great to work with.
Pros
Flexibility and decent benefits
Cons
Pension has been sevetely diminished.
Great Staffing Service
Seasonal Policy Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 10, 2015
Great staffing company to get your feet wet in knowledge and experience in Administrative fields. High polished professional company.
Pros
Good group of staff
Cons
Busy, energetic environment. very diverse duties
Chief of Human Resources Services (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 21, 2015
Very busy environment, was key support to other state agencies. Gratification was always present from others. Multitasking a must.

Management was always cooperative and there to assist in any way.

Co-Workers were dedicated and hard working.

The hardest part of the job was managing people.

Assisting others was very rewarding along with praise from management.
Productive and fast paced environment dealing with highly sensative government information and legal problems
Legal Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 1, 2015
I learned how to manage the different interpersonal relationships in a legal office while still managing to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Great workplace environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  1 Capitol Hill, Providence Rhode IslandSeptember 11, 2014
DOA was an interesting position because it gave me an inside view of how the state runs its offices. I enjoyed my time there, although there were times where it was a bit slow.

Want to know more about Rhode Island Department of Administration?

Ask a question