Rhode Island Department of Administration

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

It was a nice experience

It was hurt but rewarding .itwas a nice experience. Different kinda work if your not use too mentally challenge. People There happy loving people . It was a overall good experience.

Pros

Nice experience

Cons

Nice experience

Dumb

Busy, stressful, poorly managed, unorganized, messy, lazy, they eat donuts and sit on their phones all day. They do not care about anyone but themselves and the money they make off the state.

Good work life balance

I enjoy working for DOA but wish it was a little more challenging. However, management is supportive and willing to offer opportunities to advance your career.

busy and fun at times.

Can be stressful at times. Each state department depends on the Department of Administration and its support of services. Working in HR was hectic but at the same time, the staff always worked together on projects and completed all tasks in a timely fashion.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

work late hours at times.

Engaging and collaborative workplace

My experience was very positive. My colleagues and superiors were kind, understanding, and motivated. I completed a wide variety of tasks, and benefited from my strong organizational skills. The workplace environment was both lighthearted and collaborative.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Doa

A typical day at work consists of several incoming requests or incidents to triage. Training Service Desk analysts while assisting end-users IT support for various IT related hard ware and applications. The most difficult part of my day is the necessity to triage all incoming service desk requests, incidents and changes in a timely manner The most enjoyable part of my day is assisting end-users in a fast pace environment.

Pros

Benefits.

Good Job

This is a non-profit state agency. Working for a state agency can be both rewarding and frustrating and this would be my experience as well. I worked in Human resources in the last 20+ years of my employment. Saw and processed many appointments over the years. Many legitimate and many political. Overall, my experience was positive and the people were always great to work with.

Pros

Flexibility and decent benefits

Cons

Pension has been sevetely diminished.

Great Staffing Service

Great staffing company to get your feet wet in knowledge and experience in Administrative fields. High polished professional company.

Pros

Good group of staff

Cons

Busy, energetic environment. very diverse duties

Very busy environment, was key support to other state agencies. Gratification was always present from others. Multitasking a must. Management was always cooperative and there to assist in any way. Co-Workers were dedicated and hard working. The hardest part of the job was managing people. Assisting others was very rewarding along with praise from management.

Productive and fast paced environment dealing with highly sensative government information and legal problems

I learned how to manage the different interpersonal relationships in a legal office while still managing to prioritize work and meet deadlines.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rhode Island Department of Administration?

Great workplace environment

DOA was an interesting position because it gave me an inside view of how the state runs its offices. I enjoyed my time there, although there were times where it was a bit slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rhode Island Department of Administration. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Rhode Island Department of Administration with