Rhode Island Quality Institute Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Management / Inaccurate Job Description
N/A (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 14, 2017
Inaccurate job description. The job that they had me do was completely different from the job description/job advertisement. What they had me doing was a waste of time. It produced no results.
Wonderful work experience
Practice Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 28, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work with a wonderful culture. They appreciated everyone who worked there and would do anything to help your experience be better. I left only because it was not nursing work, which I love and wanted to return to. Otherwise I would have stayed forever.
Pros
Cons
Not a nursing job
Wonderful position
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 19, 2016
This was one of the best positions I held. I was able to go into the office area and work alone entering applications My best day was 308 applications in an 8 hour period. Took breaks when I was ready. Very relaxed atmosphere where you worked at your own pace and management met their goals.
Pros
Worked at own pace to meet Company goals
Cons
It was a temp position
Very negative managment no one happy everyone leaving for better working conditions
Provider directory (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 30, 2016
Worked on provider directory during its development, everything was great until the Operations Sr. Manager left heading up the team. This opened the door for manager of department to become abusive verbally over powering to co-workers with no one to go to for defense.
The goal for the team was met but surprisingly all of the team were fired or let go after being promised a position over and over again.
Not a healthy place to work.
Pros
Wednesday wellness
Cons
No breaks other than lunch must stay at desk 24-7
good company; talented staff
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO (Former Employee) –  Providence RIApril 21, 2015
This is a good company with strong management and a team of highly dedicated, extremely intelligent hard-working members. The environment is extremely fast-paced with multiple deliverables due from all sectors. I met some people who impressed me tremendously -- in their kindness, brilliance and respect for each other, including me.
Pros
great people, good benefit package
Cons
high levels of stress
Hospital Alerts for Patients
Program Support Team (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 29, 2015
I am responsible for getting patients set up with hospital alerts so their doctors can be notified if they are taken to the hospital. I also set up viewer access to the Doctors so they can access their patients medical records. I answer calls to assist the public as well as the providers with any questions they make have about our program. I reset the providers passwords if they forget it. Everyone in this office interacts with each other, each job ties in with each other. The hardest part of my job is the callers, to keep them satisfied with the answers I provide them. The most enjoyable part is my co workers, everyone is friendly and they go the extra mile to help one an other.
Pros
Very flexible with the hours
Cons
Short lunches
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 7, 2014
My day would start in the office to check in. I worked at multiple facilities signing patients up for a new medical software. My locations were hospitals and a few medical offices. It was a temporary position so I took the opportunity and applied at another facility and was hired.
Overworked, under appreciated, and unhealthy environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 6, 2014
The overarching strategy of RIQI and the leaders are smart BUT the leadership has created a hostile, overworked, and under appreciated culture. The CIO is also the COO and should not be managing people. He is abrasive and disrespectful.

The company has achieved a number of grants and awards due to the hardworking staff. But the financial stability is debatable as the grant funds wind down.
Pros
Good Mission
Cons
Terrible Management
Great Team
Sr Assoc Analytics/Clinical & BI (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 20, 2013
Great place to work. Strong collaboration with leading healthcare companies in RI.
Healthcare Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 10, 2013
Worked with Healthcare data. Wrote VBA macros for use in Excel graphs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rhode Island Quality Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Rhode Island Quality Institute Reviews by Location