RHODES COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Fun work enviroment
Dinning Services (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 10, 2018
At times you can do your homework when you're at work. But based on my job I couldn't study or do my assignments. Apart the environment was nice. They cool coworkers.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
20minutes
nice
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2018
stellar really enjoyed it awesome. it a college job so not too much to complain about or really enjoy for that matter, it is however a beautiful place to work.
Student Job
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2018
The positions were for and by students. Ultimately, I learned a great deal about interpersonal communication while also learning valuable technology skills.
Pros
Good Hours
Very interesting and rewarding position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2018
I was hired as a temporary employee, not through Rhodes, but found that I enjoyed the gorgeous campus as well as the people who work there. I was in a unique situation helping two departments which were in the midst of a great deal of transition.
I thoroughly enjoyed the people whom I met and with whom I interacted.
I can't speak to the benefits offered but my understanding is that they are wonderful.
I would recommend Rhodes to anyone who is qualified for and seeking a nice place to work.
Cons
Not many nearby off campus lunch options
Productive work environment
Music Department Data Entry Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2018
Rhodes College has a workplace culture that encourages productivity and learning. The management is fair and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students.
Director of Student Data Support and Assessment (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 21, 2017
Good place to work. Good people to work with. Hours typical exceed a normal work place. Must be willing to work outside of 40 hour work week. Good benefits
Good Temporary Work
Head Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2017
As my position was only a temporary, student-held position I cannot speak to the more administrative or "corporate" environment at the school; however, I did enjoy working for the college and getting to know various different faculty and staff.
Pros
Facetime with faculty and admin
was a temporary job
Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2017
I worked several temporary laboratory teaching assistant jobs while also attending classes, opinion is not representative of a typical job at Rhodes College
Rhodes College is a joyful place to work with a great learning atomosphere
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy working at Rhodes this is a great place to work a great learning atomosphere. I enjoy helping keep the campus safe for students and staffs.I enjoy being my family out to the campus to enjoy the walks and look at all the nice trees and buildings area the campus.
Pros
Lunch cards, walks, games ect
Strange Good People
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2017
It is a great job. I gain a lot of satisfaction out of what I do. The coworkers are often a strange group of people but they mean well. In addition the management truly cares about you. However It isn't worth how little you are paid.
Pros
Nice people, Fufilling Job
Cons
Bad Pay
I love it!!!
Director of Mail Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2017
Awesome campus, awesome people and there is always a good vibe here. Working on a college campus offers a bunch of amenities. The culture of the campus is great.
Pros
the people
Laid back nice calm enviorment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Memhis TNFebruary 25, 2017
The job is cooking all types of food. In a time limit sl you have to keep up at a steady pace, when it's busy embrass yourself and pick up the speed. The pay rate is competitive and the benefits are awesome!!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Break
Enjoy working with the students.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Adjunct professor. Loved working with the kids and engaging/learning with them. Co-workers were cordial/amiable. The hardest part of the job was completing lesson plans/lectures on schedule. It paid very little for the amount of work necessary to plan/teach.
Pros
Students
Cons
Pay
Student Worker
Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2016
I was a student worker. The experience I gained was valuable and it allowed me to become more connected to the campus. I enjoyed my time as an employee, even though most of the positions were volunteer positions (meaning there was no pay for the work).
Productive/Satisfying
Assistant Bursar (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 11, 2016
The Bursar's office was the central location for students for paying tuition bills, fines and other services. We also served faculty and staff members. I knew most of the 400 faculty and staff members as it made my job easier as far as directing students and parents to different departments.
Pros
Enjoyed working directly with students and parents
Cons
Long drive
Nice, educational environment with positive co-workers
Student employee (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day working at my college is laid-back. It has a library setting, so it is relatively quiet to the other jobs I have had. I have learned how to use a library-check out system to assist students and how to utilize various office machines better, like the printer and public computers.
The management hired by the college is quite helpful and positive. My co-workers are other students; they are friendly and helpful as well.
The only unfortunate part of the job is the timing of my shifts - usually during my lunch hour in between classes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet other students through the experience while also saving some money.
good job
Residents Life Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 12, 2015
I think the hardest part of the job was the balancing between school and the job but I handled it pretty well. Great coworkers and great management.
Very exciting and I learned something new all the time. I enjoyed working with a variety of people.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2015
My days were always busy and interesting. My co-workers were
pleasant and worked very hard. The hardest part of my job was trying a new p.o. system that was ultimately not used. I really enjoyed my interactions with my "customers" and the vendors.

This job required me to jump from task to task and prioritize these tasks as needed.

Management pretty much left me alone once they promoted me and saw I could do the job with integrity.

I worked with every department and every level and adapted well to them all as I love people and helping them.
Pros
great benefits and good salary, plus free tuition for me and my son
Working at Rhodes
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2015
This company was a very company to work for with good management and friendly peers. I would recommend anyone to work with them any day.
Rhose College was a stimulating place to work , students were terrific
Catering Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 1, 2015
Very positve experience working with the students at Rhodes, they were a varied bunch and so enthusiastic.
I really enjoyed setting my own schedule and I had a great working relationship with the faculty and staff at the school.
Pros
creative freedom tp plan events
Cons
no set schedule, hard to plan because work in catering demanded daily changes to my personal schedule.