RHODES STATE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

great place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 17, 2018
went to college and got my degree from here.

great education and job experience

meet many new and great friends

maintain the computer labs and helpdesk for IIT department
Great place to get experience. You will learn alot.
Administration (Current Employee) –  Lima OHSeptember 16, 2018
A typical day at work varies depending on if we are in the season of registration.
I have experience in event set-up.
Miscommunication is the hardest part of this job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is showing students how to complete tasks they themselves can do and then seeing them be happy about the assistance.
Pros
Great staff, some rewards, many of the students
Cons
Benefit deductibles are high, wages are low
Good experience with customer service.
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 19, 2018
This job was a good experience with customer service. I learned a lot about fixing certain computer issues and about how to work with others. Customers would sometimes get very annoyed and even angry. We would have to find ways to calm them down so we could help them. However, when I applied, the Human Resources department lost my paperwork, and I had to fill out a bunch of forms all over again. The same thing has happened to my coworkers.
Pros
Flexible hours, good experience.
Cons
Human resources.
Great Experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Lima, OH 45804May 8, 2018
Although this program isn't around anymore, I would've loved to continue doing it. It was a great first job for me to have and it also taught me an important life lesson, that lesson was how to save money. That's very valuable, especially to a fourteen year old kid.
Knowledge was the key
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 2, 2018
Learning on the functions of the computer help desk was a lot to take in, however very beneficial. The experience taught me to multi-task and make quickk decisions.
2-Year College w/ Heart
Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 25, 2018
Rhodes State is an amazing institution with a host of dedicated, passionate faculty and staff who show up daily to intentionally change the lives of our students. It’s a place rooted in integrity. Hands-down, it’s the most complex and rewarding work I’ve ever done...where a highly-skilled, high functioning executive team is essential. QBQ Leadership!
Pros
Great students, faculty and staff. Beautiful campus. Paying it forward.
Cons
Est. 10, 000 Baby Boomer turning retirement age a day...Experience is experience.
just ok
Distance Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 17, 2018
There are so many good people that work here but the management has made a lot of changes and don't look out for the people that have been there for many years. I love working here but cuts have made it difficult for me to continue
Educational
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 17, 2018
Helped peers with MS office homework and projects. Learned everyone has a different learning style and understanding to topics. Over-all interesting job.
Learning Experience
IT Help Desk / AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 21, 2018
It was a typical learning experience in working and fielding standard IT help requests. Day to day became relatively mundane as tasks started to become predictable.
Great company to work for.
Office Assistant (Career Services) (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 21, 2018
Great company to work for. I really enjoyed working with the staff. The work environment was clean and comforting to work in. I would recommend this company for student workers.
I was a student and have graduated.
Member (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 4, 2018
hard program, must be determined and devote most of your time to this program. The professors are very knowledgeable and good at what they do. Rhodes has a great reputation in the working world.
Pros
reputable
Cons
learn more than needed
Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 25, 2018
I loved instructing other students in the program that I graduated from. It was an honor to see them fulfill their goals, watch some of them graduate and humbling when they thanked me for assisting them to reach them.
Pros
Students and the Job
Cons
Hours
Good place to teach, but not a good place to grow and advance.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Very poor management, communication and planning. Little training for new staff. More of a trial by fire environment. For the most part, people are nice and polite. Some are extremely overworked. Most people are frustrated with the bureaucracy and penny-pinching. On a positive note, it is rewarding to engage with the students and help them learn and advance their skills. Let's face it - you don't teach for the money. You teach because you enjoy it.
Pros
freedom in setting your schedule and office hours
Cons
salary
Tough place to work.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 13, 2017
Can be very demanding with little or no advance notice of request. Always seem to be late before even got started.

Difficult to get new technology to help meet demanding schedule. Many expectations of working late and expected to help even when not your job or on weekend.

Vacation time scheduled canceled at last minute because of new last minute requests.
Pros
Office space nice. Building very new.
Cons
Must use old technology. Many things hidden and often changing requirements at last minute.
Senior Administer was difficult to work with because of her insecurities
Vice President Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 25, 2017
The leadership of the college was difficult to work with and promoted a very toxic environment. She encouraged staff and other administrator to tell her information about other members of the college community.

She was in intelligent person with poor social skills and she was mean spirited.
Current employee
Professional (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 29, 2017
Rhodes State is a great place to work. Much is demanded, but those who work hard are respected and rewarded!

Offices are up-to-date, co-workers are engaged and interested in supporting one another. Great place to work.
Pros
Great management, beautiful campus/work environment
Horrible work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 24, 2017
No professional development; leadership sabotages middle managers; bad and unprofessional behavior rewarded. new blood in senior leadership grossly needed.
great place to work
Peer Tutor & Assistant Lab Technician, (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 22, 2016
great place to work while I was attending classes. remarkable people to work with. i enjoyed the whole time I was at Rhodes State. whether it was the instructors (in class) or working, i could not have asked for a better experience.
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay and wasnt full time
Helping to build a future
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 31, 2015
This is a good place to work if someone likes hands on teaching. You will be able to work one-on-one with a student if you need to. The most enjoyable part of the job is to watch the students mature and grow into their chosen field. The hardest part of the job is saying good-bye to the students at graduation.
Pros
Opportunity for positive influence on students.
Cons
More hours put in than 40 per week, and they are unpaid hours.
You don't want to work here.
office worker (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 5, 2015
This job has been extremely tough on my marriage, my mental health, and my emotional well-being. I have been insulted and intimidated. This is not a place where they will treat their employees with dignity or integrity. Until the person at the top changes, nothing else will change either.
Cons
Poor management. Staff is underemployed, under paid, unappreciated, micro-managed, and intimidated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RHODES STATE COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

RHODES STATE COLLEGE Reviews by Location