RHODES STATE COLLEGE Management reviews

2-Year College w/ Heart
Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 25, 2018
Rhodes State is an amazing institution with a host of dedicated, passionate faculty and staff who show up daily to intentionally change the lives of our students. It’s a place rooted in integrity. Hands-down, it’s the most complex and rewarding work I’ve ever done...where a highly-skilled, high functioning executive team is essential. QBQ Leadership!
Pros
Great students, faculty and staff. Beautiful campus. Paying it forward.
Cons
Est. 10, 000 Baby Boomer turning retirement age a day...Experience is experience.
just ok
Distance Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 17, 2018
There are so many good people that work here but the management has made a lot of changes and don't look out for the people that have been there for many years. I love working here but cuts have made it difficult for me to continue
Good place to teach, but not a good place to grow and advance.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Very poor management, communication and planning. Little training for new staff. More of a trial by fire environment. For the most part, people are nice and polite. Some are extremely overworked. Most people are frustrated with the bureaucracy and penny-pinching. On a positive note, it is rewarding to engage with the students and help them learn and advance their skills. Let's face it - you don't teach for the money. You teach because you enjoy it.
Pros
freedom in setting your schedule and office hours
Cons
salary
Senior Administer was difficult to work with because of her insecurities
Vice President Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 25, 2017
The leadership of the college was difficult to work with and promoted a very toxic environment. She encouraged staff and other administrator to tell her information about other members of the college community.

She was in intelligent person with poor social skills and she was mean spirited.
Current employee
Professional (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 29, 2017
Rhodes State is a great place to work. Much is demanded, but those who work hard are respected and rewarded!

Offices are up-to-date, co-workers are engaged and interested in supporting one another. Great place to work.
Pros
Great management, beautiful campus/work environment
Horrible work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 24, 2017
No professional development; leadership sabotages middle managers; bad and unprofessional behavior rewarded. new blood in senior leadership grossly needed.
You don't want to work here.
office worker (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 5, 2015
This job has been extremely tough on my marriage, my mental health, and my emotional well-being. I have been insulted and intimidated. This is not a place where they will treat their employees with dignity or integrity. Until the person at the top changes, nothing else will change either.
Cons
Poor management. Staff is underemployed, under paid, unappreciated, micro-managed, and intimidated.
Fun entry level job
Help desk / IS Support (Former Employee) –  Lima, OhioAugust 27, 2015
I worked for the help desk (as a student there as well), assisting students with forgotten passwords and various things of that nature. In addition, we also assisted in general hardware maintenance and software troubleshooting for professors and faculty members. I personally learned quite about re-imaging, a plethora of software and general customer service skills. The mid-level management were great, hard working people that helped us entry level/learning members learn about the field and gave real world experience. The upper management seemed to try and cut the assistance possible by the help desk through a variety of means and ultimately hindered the jobs ability to help people. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is dealing with the occasional person who doesn't speak English all too well. On the contrary, meeting so many people and being able to assist them was the most enjoyable part as well.
Pros
Learning on the job, assisted in loan payments, friendly environment, part time
Cons
Upper management fighting mid level management, high stress during start of new semester
Fun, encouraging, supportive
Adjunct Professor, Human Services Program (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 31, 2015
Management is great, supportive, open to new ideas, and feedback. The support staff is knowledgeable, accessible, and very helpful.
Rhodes State College has a high turnover rate due to poor management.
Asst Professor/Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 29, 2013
There were several things that I liked about working at Rhodes State College. For one, I really enjoyed working with the students. Many of them had full-time jobs and families, yet were able to excel academically. I also enjoyed to relaxed atmosphere with coworkers. However, I opted to not renew my contract with them due to poor management.
Pros
Excellent students
Cons
Low morale due to poor management